Windows 10: Business Store LOB Applications do not Update Automatically, Why?

Discus and support Business Store LOB Applications do not Update Automatically, Why? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; LOB Applications published in MS Business Store, even though setup for Mandatory Update do not Update. Windows 10 is on recent version still no... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MohitVij, Sep 15, 2019.

1. MohitVij Win User

Business Store LOB Applications do not Update Automatically, Why?

LOB Applications published in MS Business Store, even though setup for Mandatory Update do not Update. Windows 10 is on recent version still no success.

This is the main reason for businesses to even use the store for automatic distribution. Please fix.

:)

MohitVij, Sep 15, 2019
  2. GorancoB Win User

Windows Store fo Business LOB apps wont work offline

About a year ago Windows had issues with apps crashing and wont open when the device is offline. The online community was buzzing with fixes like fresh/clean install, DISM, SFC and what not... but none were helping as it was really windows (windows store)
    issue with licencing the apps. For some people like myself switching to local account helped to resolve and get the apps working. That was then - long time ago and since then the issue has disappeared, or at least seems to.

I am back to the same boat with same issues but now with Windows Store for Business Apps (private LOB apps). Those behave exactly the same now when the device is offline. The Windows Application event logs the error pointing out to Windows-TwinUI/Operational
    log which further reveals the error Application {appPackagename} failed to activate. Windows.Launch failed with No licence found for the app. Funny enough the same log show also successful activation if the device is switched online.

Anyone experiencing same issues with LOB apps (or try it with your own LOB apps if you have them to confirm this behaviour) ?

My suspicion is that the app was downloaded and activated as LOB from private store with account that is linked to Office 365 Business. Tried storing/saving the account to windows which provisions the device with the company/business successfully and the
    private store shows up nicely as it is supposed to in Windows Store app. As the matter of fact that is the only way to access and download apps from private/business store. I've also tried with provisioning and not saving the account for business store -which
    also gives me access to the private store. Both methods yield same result.

I've also tried all old tricks, even fresh install (Reset Win10 with delete everything) - the app still behaves exactly same - crashes without ability to activate when offline - but works perfectly fine when online.

The devices are not joined to domain or linked to Azure AD in any way. That beats the purpose of the app which is for the service technicians that are on the road and offline disconnected most of the time.

I really need help on this to spur a discusstion that will poke Microsoft to do something about this. Posting errors and giving feedback to Microosft is dead end when LOBs are in question as all feedback goes to the developer even though the issue has nothing
    to do with the developer.

I hate to ditch Windows and create Android or iOS version for this app. I was really waiting for a long time for Windows to come with those Enterprise/Business level restrictions to publish my apps (as you can imagine LOB apps have no place and should not
    have a place in public store) because of the availability of lower end hardware for Windows on cheap to run simple business apps like this. However if the basic functionality is missing - app can't even be open I'm nothing but forced to finally quit on Windows.
    Microsoft you are really pushing developers out with issues like this - instead of bringing/attracting them to Windows eco-system. Bridges to bring the apps to windows store are worthless if the apps can't even function online.

Microsoft needs to solve those very basic issues if they really want to pull the enterprise into business store. So please put your comments to work and hopefully we can raise enough awareness for Microsoft to do something about this.

GorancoB, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 15, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Business Store LOB Applications do not Update Automatically, Why? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Business Store LOB Applications do not Update Automatically, Why? - Similar Threads - Business Store LOB

2. Controlling LOB Install Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controlling LOB Install Time: We are wanting to update one of our LOB apps with a new MSI.Is there a way to control when the machines will take the new app update when they check in? For example, set a time window of 11 p.m.-5 a.m. for the app to update?Or, even better, is there a way for Intune to not...
  3. Controlling LOB Install Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controlling LOB Install Time: We are wanting to update one of our LOB apps with a new MSI.Is there a way to control when the machines will take the new app update when they check in? For example, set a time window of 11 p.m.-5 a.m. for the app to update?Or, even better, is there a way for Intune to not...
  4. Controlling LOB Install Time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MS Store for Business

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Store for Business: I thought I had the MS Store for business figured out. It has recently been brought to my attention that when a user clicks the Share context menu (from file explorer (right click or ribbon) or in the Edge menu) they are offered to "get apps in app store". Clicking this shows...
  6. Windows Store for Business

Windows Store for Business: Trying to sign up for Store for Business here: https://www.microsoft.com/business-store but am not finding any sign up options. The first image is what I am seeing, the second image is what I expect to see based in written instructions. [IMG][ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 1903 kills Silverlight LOB applications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 1903 kills Silverlight LOB applications: We've run into a serious problem on PCs that have upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Silverlight web applications are allowed to interact with local components provided two conditions: A) The web application is signed with the same signing certificate that has signed the local...
  8. Store For Business Safe?

Store For Business Safe?: My Company are looking to adopt MS Store for business to acquire and distribute UWP Apps. For the on-line licensed App we need to trust the publisher and accept their push updates. What I don't know what background checks and scans are performed on the Apps made available...
  9. Microsoft Store of Business App Updates

Microsoft Store of Business App Updates: Hi, We have a device in Kiosk mode, with a standard local user logged in. We then push apps to that device (as well as the built in apps) The question I have is, when and how often will the app update itself once a new version is release? And will the standard user be...
  10. Store Apps do not update automatically

Store Apps do not update automatically: I have not seen my Store Apps update automatically over the past few months. Usually after a new build or especially after a clean install the Store Apps would update almost immediately. I have checked the Update Apps setting in the Store and Update Apps automatically has...