Windows 10: but children can't buy apps!

Discus and support but children can't buy apps! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How is my daughter supposed to buy Minecraft? Now it's on my account, and I don't want to play. She uses this PC, and she does want to play. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BTimp, May 7, 2020.

1. BTimp Win User

but children can't buy apps!

How is my daughter supposed to buy Minecraft? Now it's on my account, and I don't want to play. She uses this PC, and she does want to play. This is crazy. Children can't make purchases!

:)

BTimp, May 7, 2020

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, May 7, 2020
  3. Hapuku Win User
    adding user accounts for children

The customer:

"It is overbearing for Microsoft to require children to either have an e-mail or phone number"

The (unhelpful technician):

"I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select settings.
    • Click on Account and select Family and other users.
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and select add child’s account
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next."

This is becoming such a trend. Please read the details that someone has gone to the trouble of providing so that you can respond HELPFULLY.

Hapuku, May 7, 2020
  4. but children can't buy apps!

Is Windows Phone 8.1 able to buy apps using my at&t account?

I have a Nokia Lumia 520 updated to Cyan 8.1. I have searched the web and can't seem to able to find an answer to the question of whether or not I can buy apps, over my phone, with using my at&t billing account. It wont accept my at&t account. Any suggestions?

Kattdaddy66, May 7, 2020
Thema:

but children can't buy apps!

1. but children can't buy apps! - Similar Threads - children can't buy

2. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  3. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  4. help for children

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help for children: Hello,we are the Endowment Fund CHILDREN OF UKRAINE focused on the education and training of Ukrainian children under 17 in Ukrainian. In today's difficult situation, children and mothers come to us with only the most necessary things, so we try to help them with teaching....
  5. help for children

help for children: Hello,we are the Endowment Fund CHILDREN OF UKRAINE focused on the education and training of Ukrainian children under 17 in Ukrainian. In today's difficult situation, children and mothers come to us with only the most necessary things, so we try to help them with teaching....
  6. Can't buy Minecraft.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't buy Minecraft.: I've been trying to buy Minecraft Windows 10 Java edition. When I enter my card's information, it starts working then says "An error occurred while placing an order, please verify payment info and try again." I triple-checked my card and everything was right. I even followed...
  7. Can't remove device from children's devices

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove device from children's devices: I have download and install 'Microsoft Family Safety' App to 2 Android devices. And when I try to remove one from family.microsoft.com, I notice that I can't get the list to do that. Neither my nor children's account can't remove the device.If I post under incorrect category,...
  8. How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to restrict children from downloading apps on the computer?: I am getting really close to replacing Windows with some half-baked Linux distribution. I have small children, and I am insanely frustrated at how difficult it is to set up a Windows machine in a responsible way for them to use. I have removed Windows Store via Powershell,...
  9. I can't buy any apps from the app store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't buy any apps from the app store: I'm trying to buy an app. Despite having two PayPal accounts and two credit cards associated with my Microsoft Account (and I have a subscription for Office 365 or whatever the latest version is called), I am being asked to set up a payment method within the app store. When...
  10. buying a dvd-app

buying a dvd-app: We would like to order the Window DVD App, but this seems to be impossible because wel have to enter a adress in the United States when I enter my creditcard data. Since I live in the Netherlands I can't do this. How can I order an pay for this app from abroad? Kind...