Windows 10: Button for open Queue, in printers and Scanners part of settings in win 10, virtually blocked

Discus and support Button for open Queue, in printers and Scanners part of settings in win 10, virtually blocked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The button, that does appear, for opening the printer queue, is visible but cannot be clicked - due to the name of the next printer being highlighted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StuartMountjoy, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Button for open Queue, in printers and Scanners part of settings in win 10, virtually blocked

The button, that does appear, for opening the printer queue, is visible but cannot be clicked - due to the name of the next printer being highlighted when the mouse pointer is over where the "Open Queue" button is!

We were trying to clear or delete the entire queue, of documents no longer needed, but could not - even though we could see the button, we could not click it, or clicking on it made windows 10 think we wanted the next printer instead.

Button for open Queue, in printers and Scanners part of settings in win 10, virtually blocked 3a1f9c07-9d3b-497a-a8e4-01a94c7f0a03?upload=true.jpg

Button for open Queue, in printers and Scanners part of settings in win 10, virtually blocked 61663f54-c261-44c6-9306-095a22601e39?upload=true.png

:)

StuartMountjoy, Jan 3, 2020

2. Is there "Settings" equivlent to the Control panel > Devices and Printer > Printer que windows

Hi Rohn,

I will certainly help you with the Printer queue option in the settings.

Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on the Windows start button and select
      settings.

• Select the option Devices.

• In devices click on Printers and Scanners from the left pane.

• Select the printer as per your preference and click on
      Open queue
      the window you are looking for will be displayed.
    Please get back to us for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you

Jahnabi Das, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Button for open Queue, in printers and Scanners part of settings in win 10, virtually blocked

printer queue is blocking print jobs

Hi Fred,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Printer drivers and check.

Follow the steps given here to uninstall the Printer Drivers.

a) Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Printer queues from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

f) Restart the computer.

Also refer the link and follow the suggestions.

Delete print jobs from the print queue.

Steps applicable to MFC J430w model too. Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Button for open Queue, in printers and Scanners part of settings in win 10, virtually blocked

1. Button for open Queue, in printers and Scanners part of settings in win 10, virtually blocked - Similar Threads - Button open Queue

2. "Open Print Queue" in Settings->Bluetooth & Devices->Printers & Scanners->specific printer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open Print Queue" in Settings->Bluetooth & Devices->Printers & Scanners->specific printer...: Environment: HP ProBook 450 G9, Windows 11 Pro x64, Most current level. 3 Canon Printers are connected via Ethernet. "Open Print Queue" in Settings -> Bluetooth & Devices -> Printers & Scanners -> specific printer -> Open Print Queue does not respond for any device in this...
  3. "Open Print Queue" in Settings->Bluetooth & Devices->Printers & Scanners->specific printer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open Print Queue" in Settings->Bluetooth & Devices->Printers & Scanners->specific printer...: Environment: HP ProBook 450 G9, Windows 11 Pro x64, Most current level. 3 Canon Printers are connected via Ethernet. "Open Print Queue" in Settings -> Bluetooth & Devices -> Printers & Scanners -> specific printer -> Open Print Queue does not respond for any device in this...
  4. My Firewall is Blocking Printer/Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Firewall is Blocking Printer/Scanner: My firewall is blocking my printer/scanner from scanning images onto my laptop. Strangely, even when I turn off the firewall, I still cannot scan. Help please! <Moved from Virus and Malware / Other / Getting started and upgrading / Windows 10>...
  5. My Firewall is Blocking Printer/Scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Firewall is Blocking Printer/Scanner: My firewall is blocking my printer/scanner from scanning images onto my laptop. Strangely, even when I turn off the firewall, I still cannot scan. Help please!...
  6. Printer queue

Printer queue: Hello, I am having a strange problem with my print queue. Normal printing works fine. But for some reason my print queue apparently does not delete the documents from the queue after they are printed or they are stored somewhere else?. Whenever I restart my computer or...
  7. Printer not showing up in Win 10 Printers & Scanners

Printer not showing up in Win 10 Printers & Scanners: After reinstalling printer driver for Epson printer, the printer is not visible in Settings. Have a new Lenovo ThinkCenter Mini 64-bit processor. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 Build 17763.864 Epson WorkForce WF-2630 printer (connected by USB) 1) Downloaded Drivers and...
  8. Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners: My USB printer / scanner does not show in the list of printers but the scanner does show in the scanners section. If I go to old style control panel devices and printers, the device shows in the Unspecified section with the following details [ATTACH] The device works...
  9. Printer queue

Printer queue: Printer queue will not cancel print job. I have already shut off and unplugged the printer. What do I need to do know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/0068987e-5a23-4bf8-8228-f823c614f771
  10. Printer queue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer queue: I have had a text file being deleted for two days. This is despite cold reboots. Every time I go to print anything, this same doc shows it is still deleting. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/5a35f085-db4e-48bc-abf4-c0f35f6451a8