Windows 10: Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer

Discus and support Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a problem with my task bar. I have programs pinned to it and others open but only explorer and chrome are showing up. All other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregMyers2, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer

Hello,

I've got a problem with my task bar. I have programs pinned to it and others open but only explorer and chrome are showing up. All other programs are just blank spaces, whether they are just open or also pinned to the bar.

Also, in Explorer I'm having an issue where the file icons are not populating. It is only showing up as blank pages, so they all look the same.

Both of these issues are very annoying. Especially since I just bought the machine just a few days ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

:)

GregMyers2, Sep 14, 2018
  2. aleph01 Win User

Taskbar not populating

Greetings,

I have a user whose Office shortcuts in the taskbar are not persistent. I use an AutoIt script to recreate the shortcuts if they are missing. The shortcuts appear in the folder (%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar) but are not populated to the taskbar, even after she logs off and back on. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

aleph01, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 14, 2018
  4. DEMACLIO Win User

Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer

Taskbar is not showing icons and windows button is not working

Hello all,

Just as the title says, my taskbar is not working properly. Nothing is showing up on it, the Windows button does nothing, although I am able to right click the taskbar and Windows button.

I have tried restarting Windows Explorer through the task manager, but then I can't right click the taskbar anymore and my desktop is nothing but my personal colour.

Here is a list of posts from other websites I have tried:

5 Steps to Fix Your Windows 10 Taskbar Issues

Windows 10 Taskbar unresponsive, frozen or not working

Taskbar/Start button not working! Solved - Windows 10 Forums

FIX !!!! Windows 10 taskbar not working FIX!!!! Build 10074

home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/has-your-windows-10-start-menu-stopped-working-here-are-four-ways-to-fix-it-11364000314532

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you

DEMACLIO, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer

1. Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer - Similar Threads - Buttons showing taskbar

2. Taskbar icons not showing up/Odd font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons not showing up/Odd font: Hello all, I am running Windows 10 and am having issues with my task bar icons not showing up. There should normally be 4-5 icons on the taskbar for Chrome, my folders, etc. I went through the support community a couple months ago and did some of their suggestions, but it...
  3. Taskbar and file icons not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and file icons not showing up: My taskbar icons and file icons aren't showing up and are replaced by some sort of default icon. But for some reason it only happens to some of the icons and not others, I've tried searching for solutions and couldn't find very much. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  4. Taskbar and file icons not showing up

Taskbar and file icons not showing up: My taskbar icons and file icons aren't showing up and are replaced by some sort of default icon. But for some reason it only happens to some of the icons and not others, I've tried searching for solutions and couldn't find very much. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  5. Explorer ribbon icons not showing up.

Explorer ribbon icons not showing up.: These icons don't show up but the buttons still work. Not sure how to fix this. :I tried deleting the icon cache but it didn't work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-ribbon-icons-not-showing-up/2362deef-28d7-46da-bb76-f78597d5140c
  6. Explorer ribbon icons not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer ribbon icons not showing up.: These icons don't show up but the buttons still work. Not sure how to fix this. :I tried deleting the icon cache but it didn't work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-ribbon-icons-not-showing-up/2362deef-28d7-46da-bb76-f78597d5140c
  7. Double "Show Hidden Icons" Button overflow the microphone icon on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double "Show Hidden Icons" Button overflow the microphone icon on Taskbar: hi everyone,Im having this issue for several months now and no update has helped so far. if I disable the microphone access setting obviously the duplicated icon with the microphone in the background disappears and everything is solved, but obviously I can't use the...
  8. Double "Show Hidden Icons" Button overflow the microphone icon on Taskbar

Double "Show Hidden Icons" Button overflow the microphone icon on Taskbar: hi everyone,Im having this issue for several months now and no update has helped so far. if I disable the microphone access setting obviously the duplicated icon with the microphone in the background disappears and everything is solved, but obviously I can't use the...
  9. Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer: I've been having problems for 6+ months and haven't been able to fix this issue. I believe it started after some small update before the big Anniversary update. Some programs are not showing their icons in the taskbar (including the default Mail application, Microsoft Edge,...
  10. Taskbar not populating

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar not populating: Greetings, I have a user whose Office shortcuts in the taskbar are not persistent. I use an AutoIt script to recreate the shortcuts if they are missing. The shortcuts appear in the folder (%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar) but are not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. widowes will not populate buttons

2. task bar shortcuts not populating

3. windows 10 icons not showing in file explorer

4. autoit click on taskbar icons,
  5. taskbar buttons not,
  6. taskbar not populating,
  7. taskbar showing up only for explorer but not fro chrome,
  8. buttons not showing on taskbar