Windows 10: Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work

Discus and support Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So about two or three weeks ago, I was typing something and I noticed that my left shift key wasn't working, though my right one was. Though I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by . Banana Bread ., Feb 11, 2019.

1. Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work

So about two or three weeks ago, I was typing something and I noticed that my left shift key wasn't working, though my right one was. Though I was concerned, I didn't try to do anything and just used the right one. Last night, I was trying to turn the brightness down by using my laptop's brightness buttons, and of course, they weren't working. Now just a few minutes ago, I was typing in something in Notepad and my three button wasn't working, so I went and cleaned the keyboard. Afterwards, I went to use it, and none of them were working. Now, I looked it up earlier and I heard that you might need to actually find someone to replace your keyboard. I don't really want to do that, so is there anything I could try to do to fix the keys without replacing the keyboard?

:)

. Banana Bread ., Feb 11, 2019

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Feb 11, 2019
  3. twiggs462 Win User
    Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work

Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work

1. Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work - Similar Threads - Buttons keyboard slowly

2. Windows 10 Start button not working on keyboard only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start button not working on keyboard only: So recently im trying to hit my start button on my keyboard but its not working. it work if i do it manually by clicking it with my mouse. i already try to change my keyboard , trying the DISM and Scannow on powershell command , restarting the explorer but none of these...
  3. Windows 10 Start button not working on keyboard only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start button not working on keyboard only: So recently im trying to hit my start button on my keyboard but its not working. it work if i do it manually by clicking it with my mouse. i already try to change my keyboard , trying the DISM and Scannow on powershell command , restarting the explorer but none of these...
  4. Keyboard slowly stopping from working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard slowly stopping from working: Hi so I have an issue you see my keyboard was working fine 2 days ago ut all of a sudden it decided to slowly stop working as in some keys weren't exactly doing anything I realized the issue got worse today when I couldn't do anything with my enter key nor my shift key, not...
  5. start button won't work on keyboard OR clicking on it

start button won't work on keyboard OR clicking on it: Brand new computer bought today not refurbished. It's been on 3-4 hours only. Now the start button won't work on the keyboard--and it won't work when I click on it on the screen. This is my 3rd brand new HP laptop since Dec that has done this. Windows 10....
  6. Start Button not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start Button not working: Start Button not working after Windows 10 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working/3cfa7f07-9f20-4939-9365-2b4612d61a8a
  7. start button not working

start button not working: start button stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working/8227ba9a-2479-489f-b5bb-9d7c5237bb7a
  8. Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Start button does not work on clicking it or the shortcut button on the keyboard.: Hello, I am using Windows 10 and this morning when I turned on my pc, the start button refused to work. the Start bar is frozen. Used the cmd (with administrator privileges) and entered the following commands. 1. Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup...
  9. Start Button Not Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Not Working?: What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working? 48746
  10. "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working: I just did a clean install on W10 and change my bios to UEFI (which it supports.) I'm having this intermittent problem with the Windows "Start" Button in the lower left. It just stops working - left clicking doesn't do anything, although right-clicking does. I just have the...