Windows 10: Buying a film

Discus and support Buying a film in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; HI I want to buy a film but when it asks for my address it keeps automatically assuming i am in the US but i am in the UK. Can i not purchase a film... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CarolineClarke2, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Buying a film

HI

I want to buy a film but when it asks for my address it keeps automatically assuming i am in the US but i am in the UK. Can i not purchase a film to download if not in the US?

:)

CarolineClarke2, Mar 13, 2020
  2. xIainx Win User

Films & TV App

Hi Justine,

thank you for helping me. I followed the steps that you outlined in your reply, but when I reached step 3 a small frame opened, however, I could not edit to remove the device. This was display only. The document appears to be saying you can only remove a
    device by logging in to that device.

For your info I am running Windows 10 Pro in S mode. version 1803 OS build 17134.254.

In the support documents is says:-

How to see your devices

To find out how which and how many devices are currently associated with the Films & TV app:

1. Start the Films & TV app.
    2. Go to Settings and tap or click Show my download devices.The pop-up window will display the various devices to which you can download your purchases.
    How to remove a device

Note You can only remove one device every 30 days.

To remove a device:

1. Sign in to the device that you want to remove.
    2. Start the Films & TV app.
    3. Go to Settings and tap or click Download devices.
    4. Tap or click Remove this device.

Many thanks

xIainx, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Film & TV

Hi,

Thanks for posting to our Microsoft community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please answer the following questions to understand the situation better,

• Is the issue specific to Film and T.V. app?
    • Had you done any prior changes before the issue?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it helps,

• Open an Elevated Powershell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing Powershell, then pressing
      Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • Paste the following command into Powershell and execute it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Reply us if you need further assistance we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Buying a film

Films & TV playing sound only in HEVC files after the Autumn update. Why?

Hi SiddharthaKovid,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are issues with Films & TV app. This could be caused by an outdated application. You can consider resetting the Films & TV app. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & feature.
    • Click the Films & TV app from the list and then choose
      Modify
      . Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the app.

If the issue persists, you can uninstall and reinstall the app. Follow the steps above and choose
    Uninstall instead of Modify.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Buying a film

1. Buying a film - Similar Threads - Buying film

2. How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?: Currently remoting into my PC from my samsung tablet. I got most of my mouse functionality that I want, including right click, and scroll. However a key feature I'm missing is middle click. I'm aware that windows touchpad allows triple tapping to engage middle mouse, however...
  3. How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?: Currently remoting into my PC from my samsung tablet. I got most of my mouse functionality that I want, including right click, and scroll. However a key feature I'm missing is middle click. I'm aware that windows touchpad allows triple tapping to engage middle mouse, however...
  4. How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...: I'm trying to buy from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe-40th-anniversary-edition/9PJ15D3RDXMV/0010when selecting 'buy' and choosing cc payment, I'm unable to select my Canadian address. My MS account setting and my PC region...
  6. Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...

Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...: I'm trying to buy from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe-40th-anniversary-edition/9PJ15D3RDXMV/0010when selecting 'buy' and choosing cc payment, I'm unable to select my Canadian address. My MS account setting and my PC region...
  7. I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.: I bought my dad office home and student but he already has an office subscription. I traveled to Oklahoma for his 92nd birthday to set up his new computer system which I purchase from Best Buy. I was not told when I ordered the computer that I could not return the Office...
  8. I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.

I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.: I bought my dad office home and student but he already has an office subscription. I traveled to Oklahoma for his 92nd birthday to set up his new computer system which I purchase from Best Buy. I was not told when I ordered the computer that I could not return the Office...
  9. I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321