Windows 10: Buying a new laptop

Discus and support Buying a new laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know Ten Forums is for software & hardware help, but I am hoping I can get some advice on buying a new laptop. Which would be the better buy between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CJW, Dec 5, 2020.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Buying a new laptop

I know Ten Forums is for software & hardware help, but I am hoping I can get some advice on buying a new laptop.

Which would be the better buy between the Lenovo IdeaPad S340 & the Lenovo IdeaPad 3? I've read about both & each have their own pros & cons, but a lot of the public reviews mention software or hardware problems on both that are bad enough the laptops had to be sent in for repairs; only to be returned in scratched, dented or even broken condition.

Of course I want to avoid this, so is the Lenovo brand not as good as they look on paper?
    Should I look at another brand? I'd like to stay w/in the $400.00 range, 8 GB RAM & 256+ Hard Drive/Solid State Drive.

:)

2. jdz7t8 Win User

Buying a new laptop or desktop for gaming [help]

I want to buy either a new laptop or a new desktop for gaming. I want to run games smoothly and maybe even use it for some ps2 emulation. Could someone suggest either a laptop or desktop? I heard Alienware is expensive and over-rated. I was also told Sager laptops are good for gaming. I have about $1000-$1500 to spend on a new machine. Initially I was going to get a laptop but it seems like I would be able to get a more powerful desktop for the same price or less. Please advise. Please suggest a model/brand [desktop/laptop] that I could purchase because I don't think I know enough about computers to build one from scratch.

jdz7t8, Dec 5, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 5, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

Buying a new laptop

Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Buying a new laptop

1. Buying a new laptop - Similar Threads - Buying laptop

2. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  3. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  4. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how do i install windows 7 on new laptops? OR on latest laptop can i buy to run windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i install windows 7 on new laptops? OR on latest laptop can i buy to run windows 7...: I have a large softwareS made for windows 7 specificallytill today my HP 15 AMD APU is fine and runs windows 7 perfectlybut i need another laptop on which i can do same stuffpls provide a list of latest laptops on which i can run Win7...
  6. how do i install windows 7 on new laptops? OR on latest laptop can i buy to run windows 7...

how do i install windows 7 on new laptops? OR on latest laptop can i buy to run windows 7...: I have a large softwareS made for windows 7 specificallytill today my HP 15 AMD APU is fine and runs windows 7 perfectlybut i need another laptop on which i can do same stuffpls provide a list of latest laptops on which i can run Win7...
  7. I recently bought an Open Box Laptop at Best Buy that has someone else's account still on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently bought an Open Box Laptop at Best Buy that has someone else's account still on...: I recently bought an Open Box Laptop at Best Buy that has someone else's account still on the laptop. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-bought-an-open-box-laptop-at-best-buy/499dfb31-e5e4-48df-8139-5f8282f24de4
  8. I recently bought an Open Box Laptop at Best Buy that has someone else's account still on...

I recently bought an Open Box Laptop at Best Buy that has someone else's account still on...: I recently bought an Open Box Laptop at Best Buy that has someone else's account still on the laptop. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-bought-an-open-box-laptop-at-best-buy/499dfb31-e5e4-48df-8139-5f8282f24de4
  9. My Asus br11fka 2in1 laptop pen stop working and I research it's mpp 2.0 spec, can I buy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus br11fka 2in1 laptop pen stop working and I research it's mpp 2.0 spec, can I buy...: My Asus br11fka 2in1 laptop pen stop working and I research it's mpp 2.0 spec, can I buy another pen with mpp 2.0 spec even it's on another brand not Asus? Will does work?...
  10. My Asus br11fka 2in1 laptop pen stop working and I research it's mpp 2.0 spec, can I buy...

My Asus br11fka 2in1 laptop pen stop working and I research it's mpp 2.0 spec, can I buy...: My Asus br11fka 2in1 laptop pen stop working and I research it's mpp 2.0 spec, can I buy another pen with mpp 2.0 spec even it's on another brand not Asus? Will does work?...