Windows 10: Buying a new Mobo, CPU, and GPU. Have an SSD with windows 10 in it.

Discus and support Buying a new Mobo, CPU, and GPU. Have an SSD with windows 10 in it. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I'm currently gonna buy a new Motherboard and cpu and ram and gpu. I want to use my current SSD that has windows installed already, i built this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HectorGonzalez5, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Buying a new Mobo, CPU, and GPU. Have an SSD with windows 10 in it.

Hi I'm currently gonna buy a new Motherboard and cpu and ram and gpu. I want to use my current SSD that has windows installed already, i built this computer, what do i have to do in order to avoid any errors?

:)

HectorGonzalez5, Jul 31, 2018
  2. squeakit Win User

Changing MOBO and CPU need help with windows

Hi, I am changing MOBO and CPU and on the MOBO i had before did have windows 10, so my question is do i need to buy a new windows 10 or will it automatically install windows 10 from my hard drive where its installed?

squeakit, Jul 31, 2018
  3. KyleAuga Win User
    Moving SSDs to New PC Build Windows 10

I have two SSDs, one of which holds my windows 10 OS. I bought all new parts (except GPU) so I am moving my SSDs and GPU into the new case with new mobo, ram, cpu, etc. Someone on these forums mentioned around March of 2016 that Windows 10 is much more
    adaptive than previous windows when moving to a new PC and that I can virtually plug and play the SSD into the new build and just reactive and do some clean up for the drivers. Will I really just be able to plug the SSD into the new PC? I completely expect
    to uninstall as many drivers as possible before I shift it all and also anticipate having to update or fix some bugs, re-enter the activation code, etc. But, for the most part, I can get it going again just by plugging it in? Would love if windows has gotten
    to a level that we can easily do this!

Thank you for your reply and time!

KyleAuga, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Buying a new Mobo, CPU, and GPU. Have an SSD with windows 10 in it.

Buying new GPU

I know I am a week or so late but I am also considering a GTX 1060 & have compiled a full list had to use photos Though:

Buying a new Mobo, CPU, and GPU. Have an SSD with windows 10 in it. [​IMG]

RoadBlaster, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Buying a new Mobo, CPU, and GPU. Have an SSD with windows 10 in it.

1. Buying a new Mobo, CPU, and GPU. Have an SSD with windows 10 in it. - Similar Threads - Buying Mobo CPU

2. Install Windows 10 on new drive after Mobo/CPU upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 10 on new drive after Mobo/CPU upgrade: Hello all.I'm aware that you can use the MCT to install windows on a new drive under an existing license. I have a small twist on that scenario, and wanted to see if there was a way to utilize my existing license, or if I would need to purchase a new one.I have a desktop...
  3. Install Windows 10 on new drive after Mobo/CPU upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows 10 on new drive after Mobo/CPU upgrade: Hello all.I'm aware that you can use the MCT to install windows on a new drive under an existing license. I have a small twist on that scenario, and wanted to see if there was a way to utilize my existing license, or if I would need to purchase a new one.I have a desktop...
  4. Windows 10 Constant BSODs after installing new MoBo and CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Constant BSODs after installing new MoBo and CPU: I bought an ASUS Rog Strix X570-E gaming, and a Ryzen 9 5900x, after installing, every time I start the systemLike, If I reboot, I will not get a BSOD, but if I shut down the computer, and start it in the morning, I get it I will get a BSOD, the most constant one is error...
  5. New CPU/ Mobo - Windows 10 Pro Key Not in Order History?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New CPU/ Mobo - Windows 10 Pro Key Not in Order History?: I purchased Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store, but the key is nowhere to be found in my account's order history. Searching "All Available" for the timeframe filter only shows purchases from earlier this year, yet I've actively used this Microsoft account for over seven...
  6. Using Current SSD with New Mobo/CPU

Using Current SSD with New Mobo/CPU: I recently purchased an SSD which I cloned from an older HDD about two weeks ago. Now, I have purchased a bare-bones set-up that is a mobo and cpu upgrade - keeping the same video card. I have been researching about installing the current SSD with Windows 10 and all of my...
  7. New Mobo/CPU/RAM windows not rebooting

New Mobo/CPU/RAM windows not rebooting: So after getting all set up i reinstalled windows and completely formatted my HDD, got to desktop and updated my drivers and installed nvidia experience so i restarted my pc for good measure but once i restart my pc doesnt seem to be booting from my HDD. Ive tried changing...
  8. Do I have to buy a new Windows 10 License after I upgrade my CPU and switch to new SSD?

Do I have to buy a new Windows 10 License after I upgrade my CPU and switch to new SSD?: Hi, I bought a PC recently from a friend and bought a Win10 License, now I want to upgrade its CPU and operating the Windows on SSD, I know license sticks to the MOBO but is CPU and storage chancges counts as big upgrades and forces me to buy new license? Thanks a lot....
  9. "Windows is not activated" After installing new CPU/Mobo

"Windows is not activated" After installing new CPU/Mobo: I upgrade my computer's CPU & Mobo from the AMD FX series, to the AMD Ryzen series. Prior to this, I did the typical back up of files and what not; because, I knew that I would obviously have to re-install windows. I created a windows boot disk to a USB stick, so now I'm...
  10. Windows key deactivated, after new mobo and cpu.

Windows key deactivated, after new mobo and cpu.: I get this message to activate windows but when I do it says that I "don't have a valid digital license or product key" error code 0x803f7001 70209