Windows 10: Buying a new PC

Discus and support Buying a new PC in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I will be purchasing a new PC next month. I use Todo Backup to create a system backup. Can I use the backup on a new SSD or would it be wise to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Tigeromega, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Buying a new PC

I will be purchasing a new PC next month. I use Todo Backup to create a system backup. Can I use the backup on a new SSD or would it be wise to do a clean install of Windows 10? I will uninstall the sound card driver and any other drivers that are obsolete because the new PC may use other drivers.

:)

Tigeromega, Jan 28, 2018

2. Buying a new pc with windows 7 professional intalled via downgrade rights from 10.

Hi just wondering how this works?

I understand that the pc will have a windows 10 professional key but windows 7 professional is loaded as the OS, and its only 1 OS in use at a time. After that I'm a bit vague. Buying a new PC :(

So are there 2 partitions with a windows 7 pro image on one and windows 10 image on the other?? What will happen if you needed to repair 7 pro or return it to factory settings? Will you get the option at that point to choose which OS you need to go back
    to factory setting?

Once you go onto 10 is it permanent or can you go back to 7 pro again ? Is there a time limit after which you couldn't go back to 7 pro - I read somewhere that you could only go back for up to 30 days. (this was for 10 via WU but wondered if there were any
    restrictions with the downgrade rights).

Thanks in advance.

MotherDragon, Jan 28, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Buying a new pc with windows 7 professional intalled via downgrade rights from 10.

Windows 10 does not include Windows 7 nor does it have downgrade rights to Windows 7.

BulldogXX, Jan 28, 2018
  4. fdegrove Win User

Buying a new PC

Hi,

That could work if the backup is an image. Windows 10 is quite good at finding the drivers it needs on a different machine than the one it was originally installed on.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 28, 2018
  5. It is an image file. Thank you for the info.

Tigeromega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Buying a new PC

1. Buying a new PC - Similar Threads - Buying

2. Buy a game for a friend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buy a game for a friend: Hi, I would like to buy a digital game for a friend, how can I do that? And how can he download it afterwards?Thank YouBest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-a-game-for-a-friend/5d6bb779-c63c-42cf-a54a-e118b66686c5
  3. do i have to buy minecraft twice?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do i have to buy minecraft twice?: Ive spent all day with my computer trying to buy minecrat though so much trial and error with different micosoft accounts and so on but ive finally urched the game. It came through my bank statement, it says ive purchesed it but when i go to download/play it theres a large...
  4. DTS Sound Unbound only gives option to buy or try free trial, even after purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DTS Sound Unbound only gives option to buy or try free trial, even after purchase: Hello,I am trying to use the DTS Sound Unbound App and have installed it via the Microsoft Store. I have bought the DTS Headphone:X option.In the App it still says, that I need to buy it or use the 14 day free trial. In the bottom right corner of the app it says "Not...
  5. Buying a product key of ebay. Is it safe?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Buying a product key of ebay. Is it safe?: What happens if you bought a product key of ebay by accident? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buying-a-product-key-of-ebay-is-it-safe/3034d412-0cd5-4fc1-90b0-806d4921089d
  6. Which laptop screen do I buy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which laptop screen do I buy: I broke my laptop screen and don't ebb know where to start to buy it. Here's the number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/which-laptop-screen-do-i-buy/3c8804a4-a819-4b11-bc31-da8836d8a18a
  7. Microsoft store trying to buy gamepass"it looks like something went wrong, but we can help"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store trying to buy gamepass"it looks like something went wrong, but we can help": I just spent the last hour trying to buy the game pass and it's all because of the error above It does not say why something went wrong it does not say what it is that went wrong and when I try to contact an agent or anything somebody to talk to it's a constant loop making it...
  8. Minecraft windows 10 edition wants me to buy the full version, even though i already own...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 edition wants me to buy the full version, even though i already own...: I only have one microsoft account and downloaded minecraft from my purchase history in the windows store. On launch if i try to click sign in it brings me to the buy now page where it offers me two purchase options containing Minecraft bundles of content i already own....
  9. Atleast windows 7 or 8 can update why people not staying on 7 or 8 for 2023 u can buy esu...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Atleast windows 7 or 8 can update why people not staying on 7 or 8 for 2023 u can buy esu...: Atleast windows 7 or 8 can update why people not staying on 7 or 8 for 2023 u can buy esu license or just update 8.1 to 2023 its not that easy or what not like windows 10 u cant even update all at once only 10 updates max for 3 month...
  10. I have the free version of windows and now I want to upgrade and buy the best version of...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have the free version of windows and now I want to upgrade and buy the best version of...: I want to buy the real windows 10 and have the free version on my pc. How do I upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-the-free-version-of-windows-and-now-i-want/ea8c9624-8c75-420c-8eff-dc8a38572a52