Windows 10: Buying a new PC

Discus and support Buying a new PC in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I will be purchasing a new PC next month. I use Todo Backup to create a system backup. Can I use the backup on a new SSD or would it be wise to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Tigeromega, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Buying a new PC

I will be purchasing a new PC next month. I use Todo Backup to create a system backup. Can I use the backup on a new SSD or would it be wise to do a clean install of Windows 10? I will uninstall the sound card driver and any other drivers that are obsolete because the new PC may use other drivers.

:)

Tigeromega, Jan 28, 2018

2. Buying a new pc with windows 7 professional intalled via downgrade rights from 10.

Hi just wondering how this works?

I understand that the pc will have a windows 10 professional key but windows 7 professional is loaded as the OS, and its only 1 OS in use at a time. After that I'm a bit vague. Buying a new PC :(

So are there 2 partitions with a windows 7 pro image on one and windows 10 image on the other?? What will happen if you needed to repair 7 pro or return it to factory settings? Will you get the option at that point to choose which OS you need to go back
    to factory setting?

Once you go onto 10 is it permanent or can you go back to 7 pro again ? Is there a time limit after which you couldn't go back to 7 pro - I read somewhere that you could only go back for up to 30 days. (this was for 10 via WU but wondered if there were any
    restrictions with the downgrade rights).

Thanks in advance.

MotherDragon, Jan 28, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Buying a new pc with windows 7 professional intalled via downgrade rights from 10.

Windows 10 does not include Windows 7 nor does it have downgrade rights to Windows 7.

BulldogXX, Jan 28, 2018
  4. fdegrove Win User

Buying a new PC

Hi,

That could work if the backup is an image. Windows 10 is quite good at finding the drivers it needs on a different machine than the one it was originally installed on.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 28, 2018
  5. It is an image file. Thank you for the info.

Tigeromega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Buying a new PC

1. Buying a new PC - Similar Threads - Buying

2. Is it legit to buy Windows licence form online shop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it legit to buy Windows licence form online shop?: Is it legit to buy Windows licence form online shop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-legit-to-buy-windows-licence-form-online/84e78eb8-a885-42ae-9b8c-5bde559933cb
  3. Where do I buy an official backup drive for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where do I buy an official backup drive for Windows 10?: I was told by a technician that I can buy an original copy of Windows 10 which can be used in the future as a recovery drive. Where do I buy this? Also I would like to know a bit more about it, if possible leave a link to an article that tells us how to use it and all....
  4. New pc buy Windows again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New pc buy Windows again?: I just have a laptop with Windows 10 already installed (the laptop is new) and I want to build a gaming pc and assemble it myself. Now my question is if i have to buy Windows or if i can do it somehow? Neuer Pc nochmal Windows kaufen?
  5. To Buy a Laptop Without Pre-Installed Windows 10

To Buy a Laptop Without Pre-Installed Windows 10: I would like to know whether I could buy a Laptop without Windows 10 installed. As far as I know, laptops come with OEM pre-installed Windows and also that OEM license is tied to that particular motherboard only. So, I thought that if I buy a retail license of Windows 10, I...
  6. Asked to buy Minecraft Windows 10 even though I already own it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asked to buy Minecraft Windows 10 even though I already own it.: Hey guys just a small issue. I can play the full game, Minecraft Windows 10, and when I go to manage my realm fro the realm tab it brings me to the microsoft store in which it tells me to buy the game, even though I own it. I'm 99% sure that I got this version for free from...
  7. Hello, buying windows 10 Enterprise

Hello, buying windows 10 Enterprise: I try to buy 60 "windows 10 Enterprise". Where can I get the budget? Do you happen to know the approximate price? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-buying-windows-10-enterprise/8a785f0f-6568-4f03-b778-c1bf5006eff4
  8. Buying from the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Buying from the microsoft store: So today i saw that the xbox game pass for pc was only 1 dollar for some reason doesnt show euro and so i thought i would get it but the country/region thing is locked to usa and i live no where near there, i changed my region to estonia my country and it still didnt work,...
  9. I’ve bought a application a long time ago and it’s asking me to buy it again.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’ve bought a application a long time ago and it’s asking me to buy it again.: I have bough a game called Minecraft awhile ago. I was about to play it then it said I had to buy it again for $40NZ even though I already bought it....
  10. Looking to buy a Windows 10 Product Key for a PC Build from Scratch.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking to buy a Windows 10 Product Key for a PC Build from Scratch.: [ATTACH] Hey, I was just wondering whether this is the actual product key for Windows 10, like, will they send it to me as a product key? https://preview.redd.it/1w6726w31je51.png?width=596&format=png&auto=webp&s=cdf03870b1d49ababa66e69e4656228e1d5e8762 submitted by...