Windows 10: Buying a new PC

Discus and support Buying a new PC in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I will be purchasing a new PC next month. I use Todo Backup to create a system backup. Can I use the backup on a new SSD or would it be wise to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Tigeromega, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Buying a new PC

I will be purchasing a new PC next month. I use Todo Backup to create a system backup. Can I use the backup on a new SSD or would it be wise to do a clean install of Windows 10? I will uninstall the sound card driver and any other drivers that are obsolete because the new PC may use other drivers.

:)

Tigeromega, Jan 28, 2018

2. Buying a new pc with windows 7 professional intalled via downgrade rights from 10.

Hi just wondering how this works?

I understand that the pc will have a windows 10 professional key but windows 7 professional is loaded as the OS, and its only 1 OS in use at a time. After that I'm a bit vague. Buying a new PC :(

So are there 2 partitions with a windows 7 pro image on one and windows 10 image on the other?? What will happen if you needed to repair 7 pro or return it to factory settings? Will you get the option at that point to choose which OS you need to go back
    to factory setting?

Once you go onto 10 is it permanent or can you go back to 7 pro again ? Is there a time limit after which you couldn't go back to 7 pro - I read somewhere that you could only go back for up to 30 days. (this was for 10 via WU but wondered if there were any
    restrictions with the downgrade rights).

Thanks in advance.

MotherDragon, Jan 28, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Buying a new pc with windows 7 professional intalled via downgrade rights from 10.

Windows 10 does not include Windows 7 nor does it have downgrade rights to Windows 7.

BulldogXX, Jan 28, 2018
  4. fdegrove Win User

Buying a new PC

Hi,

That could work if the backup is an image. Windows 10 is quite good at finding the drivers it needs on a different machine than the one it was originally installed on.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 28, 2018
  5. It is an image file. Thank you for the info.

Tigeromega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Buying a new PC

1. Buying a new PC - Similar Threads - Buying

2. How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?: Currently remoting into my PC from my samsung tablet. I got most of my mouse functionality that I want, including right click, and scroll. However a key feature I'm missing is middle click. I'm aware that windows touchpad allows triple tapping to engage middle mouse, however...
  3. How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?: Currently remoting into my PC from my samsung tablet. I got most of my mouse functionality that I want, including right click, and scroll. However a key feature I'm missing is middle click. I'm aware that windows touchpad allows triple tapping to engage middle mouse, however...
  4. How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...: I'm trying to buy from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe-40th-anniversary-edition/9PJ15D3RDXMV/0010when selecting 'buy' and choosing cc payment, I'm unable to select my Canadian address. My MS account setting and my PC region...
  6. Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...

Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...: I'm trying to buy from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe-40th-anniversary-edition/9PJ15D3RDXMV/0010when selecting 'buy' and choosing cc payment, I'm unable to select my Canadian address. My MS account setting and my PC region...
  7. I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.: I bought my dad office home and student but he already has an office subscription. I traveled to Oklahoma for his 92nd birthday to set up his new computer system which I purchase from Best Buy. I was not told when I ordered the computer that I could not return the Office...
  8. I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.

I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.: I bought my dad office home and student but he already has an office subscription. I traveled to Oklahoma for his 92nd birthday to set up his new computer system which I purchase from Best Buy. I was not told when I ordered the computer that I could not return the Office...
  9. I bought Office Home and Student but don't need it. Best buy can not refund.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to...: How do I return my Microsoft Office Key I purchased on 4/13/2024? Best Buy told me to contact you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-return-my-microsoft-office-key-i/cb313bd3-d59b-4d9a-b2ac-8571dfb2d321