Windows 10: buying a scanner that will continue to be compatible with windows updates?

Discus and support buying a scanner that will continue to be compatible with windows updates? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm an artist looking to buy a flatbed scanner. It needs to be high quality (pick up on subtle colours and textures), so a printer/ scanner is not what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RozMacLean, Jul 16, 2018.

1. buying a scanner that will continue to be compatible with windows updates?

I'm an artist looking to buy a flatbed scanner. It needs to be high quality (pick up on subtle colours and textures), so a printer/ scanner is not what I'm looking for. I used to use a CanoScan 4400 lide, but when I got my Surfacebook (I switched from a mac), my computer wouldn't recognize it. I'm ready for a new scanner anyways as this one had some scratches, but I want to buy one that will continue to be compatible with Microsoft's windows updates. I asked Microsoft support and they just gave me a list of HP scanners that are currently compatible (not very helpful).

I would like to spend less than $200. Does anyone have any tips? Even if I buy one that has a patch to work with windows 10 pro, I'm worried that with the next update it will stop working. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

:)

RozMacLean, Jul 16, 2018

2. What flat bed scanners work under Windows 10?

At least with the Canon, I didn't come across any Windows 10 drivers, but that's reasonable to expect with such an old scanner. Did you really buy this one recently from Amazon?

My suggestion would be to just look in to any recent scanner and make sure it lists Windows 10 compatibility. Know what you are buying before you purchase.

DeaconFrost, Jul 16, 2018
  3. jds63 Win User
    What flat bed scanners work under Windows 10?

*Ditto On that last sentence.

jds63, Jul 16, 2018
  4. buying a scanner that will continue to be compatible with windows updates?

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

buying a scanner that will continue to be compatible with windows updates?

1. buying a scanner that will continue to be compatible with windows updates? - Similar Threads - buying scanner continue

2. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with devise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner not compatible with devise: How to fix microsoft keyboard with fingerprint saying we couldn't find fingerprint scanner compatible with your devise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-compatible-with-devise/f094fdca-647a-4c40-ba75-9d8a48c1f8cf
  3. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with devise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner not compatible with devise: How to fix microsoft keyboard with fingerprint saying we couldn't find fingerprint scanner compatible with your devise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-compatible-with-devise/f094fdca-647a-4c40-ba75-9d8a48c1f8cf
  4. Scanner compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner compatible with Windows 11?: I have a V39 Epson scanner and when I try to download the software on my Windows 11 S Mode it will not take. I then downloaded the MSN App Windows Scan, but a pop up told me it wouldn't work because of S Mode. If I take myself off of S Mode will the Windows 11 accept this...
  5. Scanner compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner compatible with Windows 11?: I have a V39 Epson scanner and when I try to download the software on my Windows 11 S Mode it will not take. I then downloaded the MSN App Windows Scan, but a pop up told me it wouldn't work because of S Mode. If I take myself off of S Mode will the Windows 11 accept this...
  6. Fingerprint Scanner not compatible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Scanner not compatible: I have recently bought a new laptop and I wanted to check out the fingerprint sensor. But when I try the Windows Hello Sign In options it shows that we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with the Windows Hello. Same is the case with facial recognition. I tried to...
  7. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with windows hello fingerprint

Fingerprint scanner not compatible with windows hello fingerprint: Sir, I have Dell vostro laptop with windows 10 home single language. Since few days my laptop's fingerprint is not working. On going in Setting a shown as "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint" and option showing REMOVE and ADD...
  8. Fingerprint scanner compatibility issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint scanner compatibility issue: Hi!!! I am using Dell Latitude E7250 & while setting the fingerprint log in on Windows 10, I am getting an error saying " We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows Hello Fingerprint" Please help...
  9. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with Windows Hello

Fingerprint scanner not compatible with Windows Hello: After the Windows 10 update of May 28th 2020 I am unable to login with my fingerprint. Going to Settings - Accounts - Signin options - Windows Hello Fingerprint it says "This option is currently unavailable. We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows...
  10. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner - Windows & Hello Compatibility

Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner - Windows & Hello Compatibility: Hi, After looking hard, I managed to download a driver that identifies this unit in Windows 10 64bits. However, the Windows hello doesn´6 recongnize it has an digital authentication unit. Message: "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello...