Windows 10: Buying an EnglishUS version of Windows 10 from another country.

Discus and support Buying an EnglishUS version of Windows 10 from another country. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is it possible to buy the EnglishUS version of Windows 10 Pro from another country? Despite the fact that I am in Estonia, I do not know the language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pavel134, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Pavel134 Win User

Buying an EnglishUS version of Windows 10 from another country.

Is it possible to buy the EnglishUS version of Windows 10 Pro from another country?
    Despite the fact that I am in Estonia, I do not know the language and the last thing i want
    is Estonian windows 10 on my PC. I also need English in the installer.

I tried to buy windows 10 Pro from the US version of the Microsoft store,
    but at some point it gives me the message:

"We need your profile address. We'll update your Microsoft account profile with this address."

The "United States" already preselected in the "country" field and impossible to change.
    Therefore, i cannot enter the correct country, city, state and zip code and this will not allow me to go to the next step.

Also, i already have the correct non-US address in my Microsoft account profile. But somehow it has no effect.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks.

:)

Pavel134, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Language/Country versions

Hi,

Although I'm Danish I have always (since Windows 3) been running the OS in English.

From the start because I worked for an international company situated in several countries we were running the English version no matter which country we we working in.

I have continued using the English OS upgrade after upgrade. In my opinion there are many good reasons for to use an English version. Let me just list a few:

• Over many years used to work with the English versions
    • My installed apps/software are English (when possible)
    • When I have a problem (this is prone to happen also with Windows 10) the search for solutions are easier and more complete in English (essential)
    And there are many more reasons.

I have a general complaint: Why does Microsoft treat their users as novices where everything is prearranged and setup according to how they seems that one should organize/work? Let's have the opportunity to set up the work environment ourselves if we choose
    so (I have been Windows Pro for years). At this age in computing the experienced users outnumbers the newcomers (novices) - Let's have that choice!

So now to my question:

How do I upgrade to Windows 10 English when situated in Denmark. Should I install from the iso pack, and change my present OS setup to an English country/language? Would that work? What would happen when the online license step takes place? Or is there another
    way?

Thanks for suggestions

Erling

ef_petersen, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Buying an EnglishUS version of Windows 10 from another country. - Similar Threads - Buying EnglishUS version

2. Using another ip address from another country

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using another ip address from another country: Hey support i hope you are doing well, Recently i found by coincidence an issue in laptop, i do my research on Google, then i found results from website has Netherlands domain + the Dutch language, for example i wrote "news" on google , when i scroll down found the name of...
  3. Using another ip address from another country

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using another ip address from another country: Hey support i hope you are doing well, Recently i found by coincidence an issue in laptop, i do my research on Google, then i found results from website has Netherlands domain + the Dutch language, for example i wrote "news" on google , when i scroll down found the name of...
  4. Could I buy a Windows 11 license and use it in another country?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could I buy a Windows 11 license and use it in another country?: Hello I'm from India, I want to buy Windows 11 Pro Licenses and transfer it to Bangladesh. Is it possible or are there any complications? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-i-buy-a-windows-11-license-and-use-it-in/74fafd4f-6cd9-4c09-b4a8-227a8b0a8de4
  5. Could I buy a Windows 11 license and use it in another country?

Could I buy a Windows 11 license and use it in another country?: Hello I'm from India, I want to buy Windows 11 Pro Licenses and transfer it to Bangladesh. Is it possible or are there any complications? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-i-buy-a-windows-11-license-and-use-it-in/74fafd4f-6cd9-4c09-b4a8-227a8b0a8de4
  6. Buying Windows 11 pro retail download from another country?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buying Windows 11 pro retail download from another country?: Hello there, I'm from Peru and I want to buy the download version of Windows 11 pro retail from an US website. So I thought that since the product is a digital download I wouldnt have any of the issues that come with the USB versionshipping, taxes, etc but after chatting with...
  7. Buying Windows 11 pro retail download from another country?

Buying Windows 11 pro retail download from another country?: Hello there, I'm from Peru and I want to buy the download version of Windows 11 pro retail from an US website. So I thought that since the product is a digital download I wouldnt have any of the issues that come with the USB versionshipping, taxes, etc but after chatting with...
  8. Yet another unsuccessful sign-in from another country

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yet another unsuccessful sign-in from another country: Hello. About two weeks ago, I posted about this same issue; that someone had tried to sign in from another country. I just checked my sign-in history and I see that someone tried to do it again two days ago. In that other thread, someone very helpfully told me that because...
  9. Windows 10 from another country?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 from another country?: Hey So I bought windows 10 from south africa. I was wondering wether I would be able to use that product key to activate windows 10 in the uk. Are product keys region locked? Thanks in advance :...
  10. Unsuccessful sign-in from another country

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsuccessful sign-in from another country: Hello. I recently decided to check my sign-in history, and I was disturbed to find a few days ago someone had tried to sign-in from another country. It was an unsuccessful attempt though, but I do wonder if my account is still safe. Should I change my password, even though...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. buying windows 10 in another country