Windows 10: Buying new laptop, need suggestions :D

Discus and support Buying new laptop, need suggestions :D in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am looking to purchase a new laptop. I was originally looking at models with an i7-4720hq, But the cheap ones (750-900$) weren't really up to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Carsomyr, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Carsomyr Win User

Buying new laptop, need suggestions :D

I am looking to purchase a new laptop. I was originally looking at models with an i7-4720hq, But the cheap ones (750-900$) weren't really up to my standards. Then I came into more money, and I looked at some of the higher end models (1100-1250$). Little bit better, but most of them still come with a gtx 960m or 965m, and now I figure if I can get a i7-6700hq/gtx 1060 6 GB model for another ~200$ (1350-1500$), why the hell would I even look at an older model Buying new laptop, need suggestions :D :p My concern though is finding a model with halfway decent cooling. I have sort of looked for reviews on certain models but the information out there atm is slim. Here are a few I looked at so far.

GIGABYTE 17.3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 16 GB Memory 256 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop - Newegg.com

GIGABYTE 15.6 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 16 GB Memory 256 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop - Newegg.com

ASUS 17.3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop - Newegg.com

ASUS ROG STRIX 15.6 G-sync GL502VM-DB71 Intel Core i7-6700HQ, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6 GB, 16 GB Memory, 1 TB HDD, Windows 10 Gaming Laptop VR Ready-Newegg.com

So far from what I have read those ASUS models have horrid cooling, and if I could get a 17.3 inch for the price of the 15.6 inch i'd go with the big one Buying new laptop, need suggestions :D :p But I would love feedback on these and other models also *Biggrin Probably going to make the purchase on black friday, see if I can save a few more dollars that way!

:)

Carsomyr, Oct 31, 2016

2. Suggestion for new buy

I am planning to buy a new Nokia set. Can anybody suggest me which set I should go for - my price range is around Rs 8,000 to 9,000.00.

Can anybody through some light on E50 or 6233.

Thanks

dthakuriabrpl, Oct 31, 2016
  3. 6280---01 Win User
    Suggestion for new buy

6233 looks good in black.

Silver looks old.

6280---01, Oct 31, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

lol your going to start a flaming troll war on what manufacture is best.

Buy the one that has the most bang for what you want to spend.

What do you want to use it for.

Do you want to run a couple of VM's and game at the same time - then buy one that has a lot of Cores and capable of using 100's of gigabytes Ram
    Do you want to browse the web and open a thousand web pages from YouTube and play a game at the same time - then buy one that has a lot of cores and capable of using 100's of gigabytes Ram

Do you -----------BLAAA BLAAAA BLAAAA

Bottom line is buy what you can afford and don't believe what people tell you on the internet.

My personal theory is
    ---- Quote from a smart dude called Edgar Allen Poe (circa 1800's)

More advice

Lots of Cores

Lots of Ram

More than enough space for more than one hard drive (got to have at least 2 drives or go home)

As for the Video card your going to need one that runs at least with 4 gig ram and another that comes with at least 8 gig ( 8 gig just in case you get interested in bitcoin or cracking 1024 bit encryption in a thousand years)

sml156, Oct 31, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 31, 2016
  6. Carsomyr Win User
    I sort of already said what I intend on buying, and I honestly sort of am looking to start a manufacturer troll war Buying new laptop, need suggestions :D :p I'm looking for a model with good cooling. It will have a 6700hq/gtx 1060 (the 6820hk models are a bit too pricey for me) so I'm looking for people to throw specific makes/models at me. The acers I was looking at have horrible cooling. A lot of the asus models suffered from busted lcds. etc etc. find me a good one Buying new laptop, need suggestions :D :p

Brink I used to swear by HP. Their products are very well built. That being said, I find they are horribly overpriced compared to the competition. For the price of the one you mentioned I could get a quad core i7 and at least a 965m with 2GB of DDR5 etc etc. I am actually looking to replace my current kick me around laptop which is an hp... Buying new laptop, need suggestions :D :p

Carsomyr, Oct 31, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    I have a few Notebooks, most saved from the recycle bin [bad HDDs or cracked screens], and find the HP fan to be a bit noisier than the Dell and Toshiba. The only HP I've bought new I actually ordered 4 years ago from HP on a special offer [6GB RAM, larger HDD and Bluetooth], got E-Mail 2 days later that it had been shipped and 5 days after that I had it, came directly from the assembly plant in China.

Berton, Jan 6, 2017
  8. RolandJS Win User

Add Macrium Reflect [free or pay-for] or anything similar, two usb external platter-driven hard-drives, for making weekly or bi-monthly full images of your OS and data partitions.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Buying new laptop, need suggestions :D - Similar Threads - Buying laptop need

2. Need a new graphic card, any suggestion?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need a new graphic card, any suggestion?: Hello all, I have a HP - Compaq HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Small Form Factor, in which a NVIDIA gt 1030 was running the graphics until it died on Wednesday. I am wondering if any of you have suggestions for a replacement, given the small form factor of the desktop, and the need for...
  3. more info. on buying a new laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    more info. on buying a new laptop: hi all: I am thinking of getting a 14 inch laptop. I found this one I like, which I might get in the summer. www.asus.com/us/Laptops/For-Home/ZenBook/ZenBook-14-UX425-11th-Gen-Intel I like to know, is it really true that 14 inch laptops cannot have traditional hard drive?...
  4. Buying a new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Buying a new laptop: I know Ten Forums is for software & hardware help, but I am hoping I can get some advice on buying a new laptop. Which would be the better buy between the Lenovo IdeaPad S340 & the Lenovo IdeaPad 3? I've read about both & each have their own pros & cons, but a lot of the...
  5. New Laptop Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    New Laptop Buying Advice: Wondering if anyone could offer some advice please. I am looking at buying a new laptop as my current HP is on it's last legs. With the Black Friday deals, now seems to be a good time. I have found two deals that seem to me to be fairly good but am not sure which is the best...
  6. Laptop comparison - suggestions needed for buying

Laptop comparison - suggestions needed for buying: I'm planning to buy a new laptop I've shortlisted these two models, considering their same price. ASUS TUF FX504 Intel Core i7 8th Gen 15.6-inch FHD Gaming Laptop (8GB/1TB Hybrid HDD (FireCuda) + 128GB SSD/Windows 10/GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Graphics/Gun Metal/2.30 Kg),...
  7. I Want To Buy New Laptop Anybody Can Suggest Me?

I Want To Buy New Laptop Anybody Can Suggest Me?: Hi, i need suggestion I want to buy new laptop - my budget is Under $1100. Please suggest good one make sure windows 10 are available. Thank you. Related - Best Phones Under 15000...
  8. need suggestion for new pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    need suggestion for new pc.: Hai guys i am going to buy new pc. before i am purchase i need your suggestion. my configuration is Monitor - Samsung 22 inch full HD Motherboard - Asus H81M - CS Processor - Intel Core i5 - 4460 Memory / Ram - 8GB KINGSTON HYPHERX Hard Disk - 500 GB Seagate...
  9. buying a new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    buying a new laptop: Hi Guys My son needs a new laptop as his HP with Vista has packed up, and as you know, the vast choice on offer can be bewildering. If I describe his minimum needs, maybe you can advise. cd-rom drive 1 or 2 usb ports long battery life cheapest price as he is...
  10. Suggestions for a new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions for a new laptop: I could use some suggestions for a laptop that I need to get for my 13yr old daughter. I just recently started working from home. I need to use my laptop strictly for business. Currently I have to share my computer with my daughter as we homeschool. Although I only work 4-5...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2019-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4480116) Error 0x800f0986