Windows 10: buying SSD ? any advice?

Discus and support buying SSD ? any advice? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello My SSD, which is Trascend 128GB, bought only two years ago, but it just fails a few days ago. BIOS couldn't detect it. Plugging it to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tsw88, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

buying SSD ? any advice?

Hello

My SSD, which is Trascend 128GB, bought only two years ago, but it just fails a few days ago. BIOS couldn't detect it. Plugging it to the external case of another computer, it doesn't read it too. Just like any computer doesn't find this drive.

I believe it's failed. 99%, right?

The warranty is 3 years, I think SSD is always better in quality than HDD, why it fails so fast? It was never dropped and handled with care. It's practically always mounted to the PC for the past two years.

Is Transcend a bad brand?
    Which brand or model do you recommend?
    I'm not very much into technologies. However, tomorrow is my holiday, I will want to shop for it.

Do I also need to check if the SDD is compatible with my motherboard or other hardware?
    My motherboard is - ASUS H61M-K A cheap one I believe.

:)

Tsw88, Mar 1, 2019
  2. LaytonJnr Win User

SSD advice

Hello,

The Samsung EVO series would always be my first suggestion for an SSD, so good choice IMO. In terms of upgrading, I would keep the HDD for extra storage in the system, especially for something like video files. One piece of advice I would give is consider and look around for options concerning transferring your data from the HDD to the SSD.

Layton

LaytonJnr, Mar 1, 2019
  3. davnav Win User
    new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Mar 1, 2019
  4. buying SSD ? any advice?

PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

buying SSD ? any advice?

1. buying SSD ? any advice? - Similar Threads - buying SSD advice

2. Any advice here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any advice here?: So about a month ago I was experiencing issues with my PC and eventually had to but a new one, so I did that and now this new W10 PC keeps on freezing up and lagging everytime I try to use it. I heard that I could reset my PC but keep my files. I have MS Paint files that I...
  3. Any advice here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any advice here?: So about a month ago I was experiencing issues with my PC and eventually had to but a new one, so I did that and now this new W10 PC keeps on freezing up and lagging everytime I try to use it. I heard that I could reset my PC but keep my files. I have MS Paint files that I...
  4. Any advice here?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop Battery Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery Buying Advice: May have to replace my battery. Seen them on Ebay and Amazon but was wondering how to gauge what's a smart/safe buy beyond the ratings and warranty as many seem similar in that regard. Thanks 152371
  6. Laptop Battery Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery Buying Advice: May have to replace my battery. Seen them on Ebay and Amazon but was wondering how to gauge what's a smart/safe buy beyond the ratings and warranty as many seem similar in that regard. Thanks 152371
  7. New Laptop Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    New Laptop Buying Advice: Wondering if anyone could offer some advice please. I am looking at buying a new laptop as my current HP is on it's last legs. With the Black Friday deals, now seems to be a good time. I have found two deals that seem to me to be fairly good but am not sure which is the best...
  8. Laptop buying advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop buying advice: I am considering these two laptops for my younger brother who is planning to launch his own youtube channel and want to edit videos. We have a budget constraint of 36000 INR. Which one would be better from the following models? One laptop has a better CPU while the other one...
  9. Buying SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Buying SSD: Hey guys, i decided to buy a SSD... My requirements: 120gb(no more i install only windows + apps like browser,office,personal apps(10GB) vlc,winrar etc..) But here is problem : Price - ?? Something to 50 I found Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB for 44 on Amazon. But...
  10. advice on buying a laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    advice on buying a laptop: Hello looking for a laptop, netbook etc....for my wife, for general browsing and basic office work....needs to be 32bit to run money matters..... only other criteria is it must be light as possible....not a glossy screen.....would like something reliable also not...