Windows 10: Buzzing Noise in Headphones when no sound is being played

Discus and support Buzzing Noise in Headphones when no sound is being played in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I updated my Acer laptop's Windows 10 to version 1803, a buzzing noise started coming from anything plugged into my headphone jack when no sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinRoad, Mar 1, 2019.

1. KevinRoad Win User

Buzzing Noise in Headphones when no sound is being played

After I updated my Acer laptop's Windows 10 to version 1803, a buzzing noise started coming from anything plugged into my headphone jack when no sound is being played. This happened to my previous laptop as well, after updating.

I tried to run the audio troubleshooter and followed the instructions on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026994/windows-10-fix-sound-problems. When I restored previous version, the buzzing noise came over and was still there.

The sound seems to be coming from Windows because the buzzing starts whenever I log into my account. My laptop's internal speakers seem to be fine and I updated to 1809. Please help.

:)

KevinRoad, Mar 1, 2019

2. Headphones, buzzing noise, not appearing in sound devices

Hi,

Here´s my problem:

When I plug in my headphones to my computer (windows 10) I always hear a buzzing noise, time to time also beeping. I do hear everything that i want to play (music, games etc.) but that weird sound is always there in the background. How high the volume is
    set doesnt effect that weird noise either, I can hear it when the sound is turned off. I have also tried to remove the mouse, adapter etc but with no result.

I have also noticed that I hear it more the better the headphones are. I can almost not hear when I test it with my apple earpods but its really annoying when i have a gaming headset.

Another problem is that the headphones arent appearing in the sound device menu, I think I have updated the driver for everything but with no result.

Please help! What should I do???

//Daniel

DanielRönnqvist, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Slight Buzzing Noise on Bluetooth Headphones on Windows 10

I just got a new pair of Bluetooth headphones for my Windows 10 pc. They work great except for a slight buzzing sound in the background. It's quiet enough that you can almost ignore it but I'd like to get rid of it if I can.

If I connect the headphones to my computer with the audio cable there is no noise whatsoever and sound awesome. Same if I connect them to my phone using Bluetooth. So the issue has to be something with my computers Bluetooth.

I didn't cheap out on the Bluetooth USB device. I've disabled audio enhancements and disabled hands-free telephony.

The noise is only there when the audio is playing. It stops a few seconds after the audio stops playing. I'm assuming that probably just means that there is no signal being transmitted.

Headphones: https://www.amazon.com/Bluedio-Turbine-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00Q2VIW9M/<br>
    USB Bluetooth: https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Bluetooth-Adapter-Raspberry-Compatible/dp/B009ZIILLI/

Jonathan Nielsen, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Stephanie Win User

Weird buzzing noise in headphones and speakers while in games

I have heard of something like this before (only a suggestion) try reinstalling your network adapter.

Stephanie, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Buzzing Noise in Headphones when no sound is being played - Similar Threads - Buzzing Noise Headphones

2. Frequent crashes with buzzing noise from headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashes with buzzing noise from headphones: Howdy,I have been experiencing frequent crashing with my PC along with a buzzing sound from my headphones. This has been happening since i built the PC several years ago. IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors Installed Physical Memory...
  3. Frequent crashes with buzzing noise from headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent crashes with buzzing noise from headphones: Howdy,I have been experiencing frequent crashing with my PC along with a buzzing sound from my headphones. This has been happening since i built the PC several years ago. IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors Installed Physical Memory...
  4. Frequent crashes with buzzing noise from headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When i plug my headphones in my pc there is a buzzing noise and no sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i plug my headphones in my pc there is a buzzing noise and no sound.: The buzzing noise seems to change when i move my mouse and click on things but it is still there.The buzzing sound gets lower only if i lower the volume only from my headset....
  6. When i plug my headphones in my pc there is a buzzing noise and no sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i plug my headphones in my pc there is a buzzing noise and no sound.: The buzzing noise seems to change when i move my mouse and click on things but it is still there.The buzzing sound gets lower only if i lower the volume only from my headset....
  7. When i plug my headphones in my pc there is a buzzing noise and no sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Static noise playing when sound is played

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Static noise playing when sound is played: For a while now, whenever I plug headphones in my Alienware laptop's headphone jack, my headphones will randomly start playing static noise whenever I play any audio. When the audio stops being played completely the static just stops and I hear a popping sound. When I plug in...
  9. Buzzing audio sound when playing audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Buzzing audio sound when playing audio: Hello, So my specs are -- Mother board Asus Z87, this is my sound card Realtek ALC892 -- CPU i5 4670K -- GPU gtx 1070 -- Windows 10 64 bit. So, about a week ago, i have rebooted my Windows did whole reinstall , this had never...
  10. Buzzing Noise in Headphones after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Buzzing Noise in Headphones after updating Windows: After I updated my laptop's Windows 10 to version 1803, a buzzing noise started coming from anything plugged into my headphone jack. My laptop's internal speakers seem to be fine. Please help....