Windows 10: Buzzing sound through brand new headset (and other headsets)

Discus and support Buzzing sound through brand new headset (and other headsets) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I'm trying to get an external microphone (on a headset) working on my recently bought HP laptop (it's the Star Wars LE here), last night I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aaron10, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Aaron10 Win User

Buzzing sound through brand new headset (and other headsets)

So I'm trying to get an external microphone (on a headset) working on my recently bought HP laptop (it's the Star Wars LE here), last night I was testing my headset but there is a really loud buzzing sound even when there's absolutely no interference in the room.

I've tried updating all drivers and even went and bought a new headset today for $40, so its definitely not the headset. In control panel I don't have Realtek Audio Manager (I did on my old laptop), but I have this "B & O Play" software which is a basic alternative. I've tried messing with those settings to no avail.

My older headset is one which has green and pink jacks, so I have a splitter for those, but my new headset has a combo jack so it connects directly.

Here's the weird part though, control panel > sound, whenever I talk into the mic on the headset, it actually comes through the "headphones" under sound:

Buzzing sound through brand new headset (and other headsets) [​IMG]

But in recording, the microphone (which is seems to come through) doesn't have any kind of noise level, but if I disable it, the mic on the headset stops.

(The other mic available is the built in one for the camera).

So I've pretty much run out of ideas and really don't want to have to spend anymore money to do such a basic thing as use my headset on my new laptop, anything else I can do?

:)

Aaron10, Jan 6, 2016

2. Microphone recording through headse earbuds

Hello Ramon.

I've tried it with several differente headsets brands, types... and the problem keeps persisting every time I connect a Headset the mic won't record sounds through the mic but rather through the headset earbuds.

I have tried restarting my pc

The issue has been there since the day I got the PC (The pc was built)

If in the Realtek HD administrator I select Headphones I can perfectly fine hear but not record any kind of sound and if I select Mic in, I can't hear any sound and can record them but through the earbuds not the mic (literally where the sound is suppoused
    to come out is where the headset records the sound)

This problem is persistent with any kind of headset, I've tried out every single headset in any other device and it works flawless but in my PC I just can't make it work.

Thanks for helping

PazRamirez, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Headphones only emit buzzing from earphones and microphone

My headphones only emit buzzing sounds and make buzzing sounds in my headphones when I go to the microphone options and turn on listen to this device. Im running windows 10 and i use this headset on other computers and it works fine, ive tryed other ones
    with the same result. I really wanna resolve this because this is a gaming PC and I cant talk in online games if it only makes buzzing sounds

nickdobrick, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Aaron10 Win User

I'm guessing there's no fix then? Makes no sense how it doesn't just work out of the box since it has a combo jack with a picture of a headset, did HP not even test it? *Rolleyes

Aaron10, Jan 8, 2016
  5. fireberd Win User
    The only thing I can think of is the combo jack you have is designed for the TRRS type plug rather than the conventional TRS type plug. This is a guess but something to consider.

Here is a picture of a TRRS plug (like used on PS4's, iPhones and some other devices).

fireberd, Jan 8, 2016
  6. Aaron10 Win User
    Yep, that's what I'm using. Honestly the last thing I can do to see whether its the hardware or Windows 10 is boot to linux and test through that, if it still doesn't work right I'll have to just send it back and get a refund. Will never buy HP again.

Aaron10, Jan 8, 2016
  7. fireberd Win User
    On the other hand it may take the standard TRS plug and it auto senses what is plugged in, a headset or mic? If that's the case that would be the reason for buzzing as the ground (earth) connection is missing?

I'm a guitar amp tech and if something is buzzing many times its missing a ground connection.

fireberd, Jan 9, 2016
  8. Aaron10 Win User

You mean the large jack like this?

I could be wrong but I don't think they even make headsets with that kind of jack, unless its a really rare type, I would assume the jack used is the more popular one you previously posted that works with PS4 and whatnot.

Does your system have one of these combo jacks or separate pink/green ones? I'm just wondering because if I were to buy another laptop with the combo port and run into the same issues it's going to be really annoying. My old laptop just used the pink/green jacks and worked perfectly fine.

Aaron10, Jan 9, 2016
  9. fireberd Win User
    No, the small 3.5mm TRS plug.

Like this

fireberd, Jan 9, 2016
  10. Aaron10 Win User
    Oh right, yeah the headset came with an adapter (it just falls out). *Sad

I'm going to try a USB headset which I really shouldn't have to. I'm guessing HP never actually tested the combo port on this laptop or something.

Aaron10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Buzzing sound through brand new headset (and other headsets) - Similar Threads - Buzzing sound through

2. Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC: I bought a brand new PC yesterday. I went to plug my headset in to play and there is no sound. The headset worked fine on my other PC and my Xbox. I tried all the ports and nothing I did connect other things to be sure that the ports worked. I checked the cord and it works. I...
  3. Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC: I bought a brand new PC yesterday. I went to plug my headset in to play and there is no sound. The headset worked fine on my other PC and my Xbox. I tried all the ports and nothing I did connect other things to be sure that the ports worked. I checked the cord and it works. I...
  4. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,: So I recently got my headset back, and only static plays through the left earmuff, and when I plug in the mic into the headset, it plays my voice and anything the mic hears. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my PC, and following tutorials but nothing works. Please...
  5. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,: So I recently got my headset back, and only static plays through the left earmuff, and when I plug in the mic into the headset, it plays my voice and anything the mic hears. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my PC, and following tutorials but nothing works. Please...
  6. Static, Mic, and No other sound playing through headset,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  8. Headset playing sound through microphone

Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  9. Brand New Wireless Headset Device is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New Wireless Headset Device is not working: I am having trouble getting my new Logitech G533 Wireless Gaming Headset to work on my PC. I am currently running: Alienware Aurora R6 Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1903 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 Processor 4-Cores, 8MB Cache, Turbo Boost 2.0 GSkill DDR4 48 Gb Ram 2132...
  10. No sound through headset after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound through headset after sleep mode: I recently installed an SSD to my computer, and did a fresh installation of Windows 10. After doing the driver updates for all the various components, I've run into an odd problem with my headphones that has never happened before. When I turn on the computer with the...