Windows 10: By bro by mistake control folder access the c drive ..

Discus and support By bro by mistake control folder access the c drive .. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today my bro was playing around with windows defender settingsHe ransomware protected the whole c drive now -I get notification every... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RajatG1, Jun 22, 2021.

1. RajatG1 Win User

By bro by mistake control folder access the c drive ..

Today my bro was playing around with windows defender settingsHe ransomware protected the whole c drive now -I get notification every 10 sec for every type of exe being blocked likeWin settingsShellstart experienceAnd all other exe's- i cant turn it off or even open the "portected folder " so i can un protect th

:)

RajatG1, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Matt316 Win User

Controlled Folder Access

Hi.

I've been using Controlled Folder Access recently but I'm having a problem getting one application to change/create files. I use doPDF8 to create PDF files, but when CFA is active, it won't save my work. The notice explaining that something has tried accessing the folder only comes up once. (I assume that if you don't do anything about it, the program trying to access the file is put on the 'black list'.) Turning CFA off and then on again causes the notice to appear once more. However, the notice seems to suggest that it is C:\Windows\splwow64.exe that is trying to access/create the file, but when I put this into the 'allow app control' list, it still doesn't work. The only way I can find to get the PDF file created is to turn off CFA, create the file and then turn it back on again.

Any ideas?

Matt

(Windows 10 ver 1709)

Matt316, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Jsssssssss, Jun 22, 2021
  4. By bro by mistake control folder access the c drive ..

Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

By bro by mistake control folder access the c drive ..

1. By bro by mistake control folder access the c drive .. - Similar Threads - bro mistake control

2. Windows11 updated with Controlled Folder Access activated on ALL the C drive and Memory...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 updated with Controlled Folder Access activated on ALL the C drive and Memory...: Hi everyone, little doubt here. I set Security > Virus & Threat > Controlled Folder Access activated on ALL the C drive as well as ALL the other drives in my PC. I have also Memory Integrity ON.Actually, every time I install a safe app, I disable the Controlled Folder Access...
  3. Windows11 updated with Controlled Folder Access activated on ALL the C drive and Memory...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 updated with Controlled Folder Access activated on ALL the C drive and Memory...: Hi everyone, little doubt here. I set Security > Virus & Threat > Controlled Folder Access activated on ALL the C drive as well as ALL the other drives in my PC. I have also Memory Integrity ON.Actually, every time I install a safe app, I disable the Controlled Folder Access...
  4. controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controlled folder access: When trying to open Controlled Folder Access, a window opened that said the IT administrator had restricted access to this page. The computer is my personal PC and I have no IT Administrator. How do I retrieve access to this page?...
  5. I accidentally blocked my C Drive Which is the system drive with controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally blocked my C Drive Which is the system drive with controlled folder access: Hi, I accidentally blocked my C Drive Which is the system drive with controlled folder access, something weird staring to happen after i restart my computer. My window system keep crashing and i can't even open task manger and or go to setting, my window just keep not...
  6. I accidentally blocked my C Drive Which is the system drive with controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally blocked my C Drive Which is the system drive with controlled folder access: Hi, I accidentally blocked my C Drive Which is the system drive with controlled folder access, something weird staring to happen after i restart my computer. My window system keep crashing and i can't even open task manger and or go to setting, my window just keep not...
  7. I accidentally blocked my C Drive Which is the system drive with controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I accidentally blocked my C Drive Which is the system drive with controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I accidentally blocked my C Drive Which is the system drive with controlled folder access: I add my C Drive into the windows security > virus & threats protection > Ransomware protection > add app controlled folder access. My notification shows many app .exe is not allowed to make changes. So, i can't turn it Ransomware protection off, and i can't open add app...
  9. Access Denied to Numerous Folders on c: drive!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied to Numerous Folders on c: drive!: Hi, I am having an issue recently where numerous folders and/or sub-folders on my c: drive will not allow access when I try to open them in Explorer. I get the following error: [ATTACH] There are other folders that generate the same error, including several in the...
  10. Controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled folder access: For the last week the controlled folder access is blocking my Quicken program from updating or downloading anything. When I click on the notice it takes me to the allow app but when I open that to choose to allow app nothing is there! I really need to use my Quicken. How do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally added c:/ to controlled folder access