Windows 10: By mistake allowed a virus blocked by defender

Discus and support By mistake allowed a virus blocked by defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I allowed a TROJAN:WIN32/OCCAMY.C virus blocked by windows defender. The notification now says THIS THREAT HAS BEEN ALLOWED, WILL NOT BE REMEDIATED... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnandPandey3, May 21, 2020.

1. By mistake allowed a virus blocked by defender

Hi, I allowed a TROJAN:WIN32/OCCAMY.C virus blocked by windows defender. The notification now says THIS THREAT HAS BEEN ALLOWED, WILL NOT BE REMEDIATED IN FUTURE. Pls help so that I can set Defender to disallow this Trojan in future.

:)

AnandPandey3, May 21, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, May 21, 2020
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    Windows Defender Blocking

Hi Aeolus0,

You can add allowed folder or apps in the Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access, as it basically blocks almost every changes when it is turn on. You may try to follow these steps to add allowed apps:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center then select Virus & threat protection icon.
    • Click the Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Click Allow an app through Controlled folder access.
    • Select Add an allowed app, navigate and select the app you want to add, select Open then click Yes.
    • You might be prompted a UAC to continue.
    • You can click the Remove button if you want to remove the added app.
    • Close the Windows Defender windows.

On the other hand, if you want to allow a blocked app in Windows Defender Security Center, you may check this

article

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, May 21, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

By mistake allowed a virus blocked by defender

Windows defender blocking changes.

Thank you for the update and for letting us know that the provided steps were able to resolved the issue. You can add folder or apps in the Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access if it you like for added security, as it basically blocks almost every changes
    when it is turn on. Follow the steps below on how to add or remove folders or apps in the controlled folder:

Adding Folders:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center then select Virus & threat protection
      icon.
    • Click Protected folders.
    • Click Add a protected folder, navigate and select the folder you want to add, then click Select Folder.
    • Click Yes. You might be asked to enter UAC to continue.
    • You can click the Remove button if you want to remove the added folder.

Adding Apps:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center then select Virus & threat protection
      icon.
    • Click Allow an app through Controlled folder access.
    • Select Add an allowed app, navigate and select the app you want to add, select Open
      then click Yes.
    • You might be prompted a UAC to continue.
    • You can click the Remove button if you want to remove the added app.

We're just a post away if you need further help.

Anne Ros, May 21, 2020
Thema:

By mistake allowed a virus blocked by defender

1. By mistake allowed a virus blocked by defender - Similar Threads - mistake allowed virus

2. Virus on computer. Blocked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus on computer. Blocked.: Virus blocking computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-on-computer-blocked/11c7153b-20d7-4dd9-b8e8-6fb7c3dc6c23
  3. Windows defender blocked but did not delete virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocked but did not delete virus.: PUABundler:Win32/ICBundler blocked by microsoft defender, but not deleted. Is my computer safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-but-did-not-delete-virus/81d4e40d-77d9-4d15-b8e3-29fbd800b8be
  4. allow blocked files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    allow blocked files: i can't found action menu in protection history to allow this blocked file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-blocked-files/2bc70070-ba09-4829-a856-d55ac2044c51
  5. allow blocked files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    allow blocked files: i can't found action menu in protection history to allow this blocked file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-blocked-files/2bc70070-ba09-4829-a856-d55ac2044c51
  6. Defender is not blocking the xmrig minor virus in windows server 2016

Defender is not blocking the xmrig minor virus in windows server 2016: windows Defender is not blocking the xmrig minor virus in windows server 2016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-is-not-blocking-the-xmrig-minor-virus-in/0687d37d-66e8-45da-906c-c78513cdd5c9
  7. Windows Defender blocked by a virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender blocked by a virus: Hi! The past few days I just got a virus really don't know how it was a Trojan and it totally disabled my defender. Also sometimes my windows defender works sometimes not I just restarted my windows and it worked but 3 or 4 hours later it again disables itself. When it worked...
  8. Windows Defender... HOW do you UNBLOCK an app that has been blocked by mistake.

Windows Defender... HOW do you UNBLOCK an app that has been blocked by mistake.: IF it has been blocked at all. very confusing info in Settings Showing it is blocked> [ATTACH] BUT Showing it is allowed [ATTACH] SO which is it????????...
  9. Allow blocked file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Allow blocked file: I have attempted to use the exclusions to allow a blocked file, but windows security still will not allow me to use this file. I have attempted turning off anti-viruses, to no avail. Help....
  10. Can’t Defender Defender not allowed

Can’t Defender Defender not allowed: Fed up with Windows Security getting slated by people whose sole aim is to promote third party. Speak up and what happens you get deleted . Democracy is not allowed on this forum God Bless America and the UK Go on delete me you can never delete the truth and God Bless...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender restored virus by mistake