Windows 10: By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden...

Discus and support By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Please provide me the mice and other pointing device driver that i can use my usb mouse.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by UZAIF ALI, Nov 29, 2022.

1. UZAIF ALI Win User

By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden...

Please provide me the mice and other pointing device driver that i can use my usb mouse.

:)

UZAIF ALI, Nov 29, 2022

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Mice and other pointing devices missing from Device Manager

My laptop is set for auto update. After an update loaded today my touchpad quit working. I tried several thing to turn it on but nothing worked. When I went to my device manager there is no longer Mice and Other Pointing Devices, listed. How can I fix
    this?

ThomasDelia, Nov 29, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden...

Mics And Pointing devices Not Found

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to find Mice and Pointing devices in Device Manager. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

3. Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? Refer
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

One of the things I would suggest you is to check hidden devices and see if there are any Touchpad drivers. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X and select Device Manager.
    2. Click on View and select Show hidden devices.
    3. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    4. Right click on the device and select Update Drivers.

If you do not find any Hidden devices, I would suggest you to try downloading the drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and installing them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

1. By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden... - Similar Threads - mistake uninstalled mice

2. By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden...: Please provide me the mice and other pointing device driver that i can use my usb mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-mistake-i-have-uninstalled-mice-and-other/1f3fcfb8-44dc-4dea-aff5-c4ffb04141ed
  3. By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    By mistake i have uninstalled mice and other pointing device from device managers hidden...: Please provide me the mice and other pointing device driver that i can use my usb mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-mistake-i-have-uninstalled-mice-and-other/1f3fcfb8-44dc-4dea-aff5-c4ffb04141ed
  4. Mice and other pointing devices AND Human Interface Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mice and other pointing devices AND Human Interface Devices missing from Device Manager: I recently updated my computer, and when it finished updating, my mouse cursor was gone. I looked up a solution where I had to go to “Mice and other pointing devices” but that was gone. In order to get it back, I had to go to Human Interface Devices, but that was gone too. I...
  5. Mice and other pointing devices AND Human Interface Devices missing from Device Manager

Mice and other pointing devices AND Human Interface Devices missing from Device Manager: I recently updated my computer, and when it finished updating, my mouse cursor was gone. I looked up a solution where I had to go to “Mice and other pointing devices” but that was gone. In order to get it back, I had to go to Human Interface Devices, but that was gone too. I...
  6. Mice and other pointing devices AND Human Interface Devices missing from Device Manager

7. Mice and other pointing devices missing from device manager

Mice and other pointing devices missing from device manager: This has really been bothering me for the last few days and has rendered my laptop basically un-useable. My touchpad does not work at all and nor does plugging in a mouse via USB. I checked the device manager and the Mice and other pointing devices category was missing....
  8. mice and other pointing devices not appearing in device manager

mice and other pointing devices not appearing in device manager: Hello, I have a problem which I cannot resolve. The 'mice and other pointing devices' is not appearing in the device manager. Which mean there is no mouse pointer on the windows operating and therefore I cannot move or click on anything on screen. Can anybody help me figure...
  9. MICE AND POINTING DEVICES DISSAPEARED FROM DEVICE MANAGER

MICE AND POINTING DEVICES DISSAPEARED FROM DEVICE MANAGER: hi my pc was working and one day it sudeenly stopped detecting my mouse i bought new mouse with PC/2 jack still no difference thats because no mice in device manager probably i tried upgrading drivers etc still nothing helps i am running on windows 10 ltsc version tried to...
  10. Mice and other pointing devices missing from Device Manager

Mice and other pointing devices missing from Device Manager: My laptop is set for auto update. After an update loaded today my touchpad quit working. I tried several thing to turn it on but nothing worked. When I went to my device manager there is no longer Mice and Other Pointing Devices, listed. How can I fix this?...