Windows 10: By mistake I've disabled my built in administrator to standard user in windows command to...

Discus and support By mistake I've disabled my built in administrator to standard user in windows command to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have by mistake disabled my built in administrator to standard user in windows command to my only user account on my pc and now I'm unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SuhaMinear, May 4, 2020.

1. By mistake I've disabled my built in administrator to standard user in windows command to...

I have by mistake disabled my built in administrator to standard user in windows command to my only user account on my pc and now I'm unable to uninstall a program, print, do a recovery or reset to previous windows version, add another account user, etc.

because I don't have administrator privileges rights anymore. please help.

:)

SuhaMinear, May 4, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows10 think my local user admin as Built-in Administrator. App can't be openen using the built-in administrator account

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, May 4, 2020
  3. Standard User always reverts to Administrator

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you enable built-in administrator and give your son's account administrator privileges.

Follow the steps to enable built-in Administrator.

1. Press Windows key + X, and click on
    Command Prompt (Admin). If prompted for an administrative password, kindly provide the password

2. Type "net user administrator /active:yes" and click
    Enter.

3. Sign out of your account and sign in to the built-in administrator account.

4. Follow the instructions mentioned above to
    Change the Account type

5. Once the account type is changed, go back to your User account and disable built-in Administrator.

6. Type the following command to disable built-in Admin in Command Prompt: net user administrator /active:no

Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 4, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

By mistake I've disabled my built in administrator to standard user in windows command to...

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, May 4, 2020
Thema:

By mistake I've disabled my built in administrator to standard user in windows command to...

1. By mistake I've disabled my built in administrator to standard user in windows command to... - Similar Threads - mistake I've disabled

2. Not able to disable Built-in administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to disable Built-in administrator: I enabled built-in administrator because I was having some issues while transferring files to a usb. Normally when I start my computer I have a lockscreen where I put my pin.Now it's just bypassing all that and going directly to the built-in administrator account.Is there a...
  3. Not able to disable Built-in administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to disable Built-in administrator: I enabled built-in administrator because I was having some issues while transferring files to a usb. Normally when I start my computer I have a lockscreen where I put my pin.Now it's just bypassing all that and going directly to the built-in administrator account.Is there a...
  4. Not able to disable Built-in administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Command to configure wireless for standard users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command to configure wireless for standard users?: submitted by /u/rancho100 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1xqmk/command_to_configure_wireless_for_standard_users/
  6. Built-in Administrator account disabled itself

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Built-in Administrator account disabled itself: Windows 10 - 1809 I have enabled the built-in Administrator account but as soon as I log off of any account I use to enable it the Administrator account reverts to being disabled and I cannot log into it. Interestingly I booted up in Safe Mode and enabled the Administrator...
  7. Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User: I have both an administrator and standard account on my laptop. I use the standard account for every general task and do not use the administrator account unless absolutely needed. There are two pieces of software I want to run at startup every time either my standard account...
  8. administrator user changed to standard user

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator user changed to standard user: I have changed my administrator user to standard user. Know i need to login with admin user. I am using windows 10. There was only administrator user which i have changed to standard user. How can i get back admin user. I also can't open cmd "run as administrator". Showing...
  9. All users are the built-in administrator??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    All users are the built-in administrator??: A friend is running Windows 10 x64. He can't run Edge or do several other things he wants to because Windows thinks he's running as the built-in administrator. Under C:\Users I found his account name and the Public and Default accounts, but there was no Administrator...
  10. Hide or Show Administrators in UAC for Standard Users in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Administrators in UAC for Standard Users in Windows: How to: Hide or Show Administrators in UAC for Standard Users in Windows How to Hide or Show Administrators in UAC prompt for Standard Users in Windows When administrator account before starting a program or task that requires a full administrator access token. This...