Windows 10: Bye, Folks.

Discus and support Bye, Folks. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, folks; I want to apologize up front, because this is really more appropriate for the Microsoft Feedback app. I have gradually been moving my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul S2782, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Bye, Folks.

Hi, folks;

I want to apologize up front, because this is really more appropriate for the Microsoft Feedback app. I have gradually been moving my devices away from the Windows OS, though, and it doesn't look like I can post to it from a different platform. I do want to share my experience i.e., complaints, though, both to get it off my chest, and so that Microsoft can hear it and possibly improve their products for others in the future.

I have been a Windows user for more than 20 years, enthusiastically for most of that time. I also worked in an Information Systems group where my role included SQL database administration, as well as a wide range of user support and other tasks. In the past ten years or so, though, health and other issues have pushed me out of the professional environment. Over that same period of time, I have felt like there was a significant decline in the quality of my experience with Microsoft products and services. Whether that is due to the change in my role, a change in the quality that Microsoft delivers, or some other factor, is difficult to tell.

I wish now that I had kept better track of the things that I found frustrating in Windows 10, but that opportunity has passed. I know that I had persistent issues with what seemed to be memory leaks - especially involving Microsoft Edge. More than once a day, I would see the entire system get bogged down, almost to a standstill. There was almost no hope of opening Task Manager once this started, but I got in the habit of just keeping it up all the time. I found that it was almost always Edge using up well over a gig of RAM. This was a persistent issue for at least a year, and I never saw any improvement in it.

Somehow, though, the straw that finally broke the camel's back turned out to be video advertisements in Solitaire and Mahjongg. It was irritating when I was faced with the choice of paying a monthly fee in order to be able to use those programs ad-free. When in-game, animated ads started to be included in games where the goal was to try to complete a puzzle before the timer ran out, my Microsoft loyalty really started to fade. Looking back at the previous few years, I realized that I had been really sick of almost the entire MS experience, and I just hadn't recognized it yet. The fact that I like Apple even less definitely made it harder to see that, because it didn't feel like there were obvious choices that I would like any better.

Thankfully, I played around in school with an open-source operating system, and I realized that I was 100% ready to jump as far as I could onto that bandwagon. It's been five or six months, and so far I haven't had any regrets. Zero.

In case anyone there finds this useful, I wanted to make sure that the little *blip* of my Windows installs no longer checking in could have a little explanation. It's very possible that other users are making the same decision, and not sharing it. Even if I were the only one, I'm much happier with where I'm at now.

:)

Paul S2782, Jul 29, 2020
  2. patruns Win User

Good bye folks...............

It's ok folks. It was one of our warlords so it must be true. I will watch to learn but will not be giving any advice anymore. If I have a question for someone I will just PM them. Bye, Folks. :)

patruns, Jul 29, 2020
  3. 20.0.019 installed and bye bye to music

I have just installed the latest firmware and I had to say bye bye to my music. I still see it's in the phone but the player doesn't see any track. I tried to follow a procedure described here, the one to access the phone in mass storage mode and delete
    some files in the private folder, but without any success.

Is it a bug of the latest firmware or what???

Anybody out there who knows??

Thanks a lot

tcacurio0042, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Bye, Folks.

Good Bye Nokia!

i like the n95 better,maybe go back to n95 or iphone

buy n900 for $600 ,just 3 month

now the price drop so fast only $350 or $400 .

bye bye n900

tranp---01, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Bye, Folks.

1. Bye, Folks. - Similar Threads - Bye Folks

2. How can I bye pass or reset my Microsoft password so that it's accepted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I bye pass or reset my Microsoft password so that it's accepted?: I can't access my account. The account continues to tell me my password isn't correct even after i change it. Subsequently, it tells me that I'm off line sometimes. I've tried resetting it and it only takes me to the screen where the password is required. I've tried...
  3. How can I bye pass or reset my Microsoft password so that it's accepted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I bye pass or reset my Microsoft password so that it's accepted?: I can't access my account. The account continues to tell me my password isn't correct even after i change it. Subsequently, it tells me that I'm off line sometimes. I've tried resetting it and it only takes me to the screen where the password is required. I've tried...
  4. How can I bye pass or reset my Microsoft password so that it's accepted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I am not able to see weather details bye using Window+W in my Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to see weather details bye using Window+W in my Pc: I am not able to see weather details bye using Window+W in my Pc kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-see-weather-details-bye-using/ee249826-851d-4f46-a4ba-684756c96207
  6. I am not able to see weather details bye using Window+W in my Pc

I am not able to see weather details bye using Window+W in my Pc: I am not able to see weather details bye using Window+W in my Pc kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-see-weather-details-bye-using/ee249826-851d-4f46-a4ba-684756c96207
  7. Mera nahi ho raha tha thanks bye

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mera nahi ho raha tha thanks bye: Ok bye mujhe abhi kuch nahi sunna https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mera-nahi-ho-raha-tha-thanks-bye/ad7fd254-9331-40ae-9b09-956765083fbb
  8. Mera nahi ho raha tha thanks bye

Mera nahi ho raha tha thanks bye: Ok bye mujhe abhi kuch nahi sunna https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mera-nahi-ho-raha-tha-thanks-bye/ad7fd254-9331-40ae-9b09-956765083fbb
  9. Mera nahi ho raha tha thanks bye

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. my 2 Laptops stolen while travelling bye Train, I want to Find my Device and Lock my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my 2 Laptops stolen while travelling bye Train, I want to Find my Device and Lock my...: my 2 Laptops stolen while travelling bye Train, I want to Find my Device and Lock my device, I try to lock, but not lock yet, can some help me on that...