Windows 10: BYMISTAKELY UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 PRO USING A FREE KEY. NOW NOT ABLE TO REVERT BACK TO HOME.

Discus and support BYMISTAKELY UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 PRO USING A FREE KEY. NOW NOT ABLE TO REVERT BACK TO HOME. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HEY I BY MISTAKENLY UPGRADED MY WINDOWS 10 HOME TO WINDOWS 10 PRO . USING A FREE ID. NOW IT SAYS THAT THE WINDOWS HAVE NOT BEEN ACTIVATED . AS SEEING... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Matthews Emmanuel, Jul 23, 2020.

1. BYMISTAKELY UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 PRO USING A FREE KEY. NOW NOT ABLE TO REVERT BACK TO HOME.

HEY I BY MISTAKENLY UPGRADED MY WINDOWS 10 HOME TO WINDOWS 10 PRO . USING A FREE ID. NOW IT SAYS THAT THE WINDOWS HAVE NOT BEEN ACTIVATED . AS SEEING SOME SAME QUESTION UPLOADED I HAVE ATTACHED THE CMD PROMPT ID . PLEASE HELP ME OUT CAUSE IT A NEW LAPTOP. AND ITS REALLY URGENT . BYMISTAKELY UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 PRO USING A FREE KEY. NOW  NOT ABLE TO REVERT BACK TO HOME. 7498caf5-e140-4700-9a0b-aff80a67bc1e?upload=true.png

:)

Matthews Emmanuel, Jul 23, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10...and then reverting back. Help!

Quick question...

Right now I am installing Windows 10 on some PC's and then will be reverting them back to Windows 7. That's because these PC's will be teller PC's. The reason I am going to 10 now is because of course it is free. However, if all the PC's are the same exact hardware is this even necessary? If they are the same exact hardware, couldn't I simply upgrade them to 10 even after July 29th? All of the PC's have the same Windows 7 key because I am assuming it's volume licensing. So as it stands right now, after upgrading they all end with the same Windows 10 key.

So in short I suppose, later on couldn't I use the Windows 10 key that it is giving them now to upgrade since it is all the same exact hardware? I am just double checking because the last thing I want to do is upgrade these new teller PC's to 10 and downgrade them when I really don't have to.

satindemon4u, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Uninstall Windows 10 Pro and revert back to Windows 10 home

Hi,

To troubleshoot your issue on how you can uninstall Windows 10 Pro and revert back to Windows 10 Home, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa on this
    thread
    on how to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Home.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 3, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

BYMISTAKELY UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 PRO USING A FREE KEY. NOW NOT ABLE TO REVERT BACK TO HOME.

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

BYMISTAKELY UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 PRO USING A FREE KEY. NOW NOT ABLE TO REVERT BACK TO HOME.

1. BYMISTAKELY UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 PRO USING A FREE KEY. NOW NOT ABLE TO REVERT BACK TO HOME. - Similar Threads - BYMISTAKELY UPGRADED PRO

2. Use Windows 10 Pro key to upgrade Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Windows 10 Pro key to upgrade Windows 11 Home?: Hi there,Looking for advice on if it's possible to upgrade my desktop PC loaded with Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro with a Windows 10 Pro retail key I have installed on an old laptop, is it possible at all and is it possible to do without completely reinstalling the OS?The...
  3. Use Windows 10 Pro key to upgrade Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Windows 10 Pro key to upgrade Windows 11 Home?: Hi there,Looking for advice on if it's possible to upgrade my desktop PC loaded with Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro with a Windows 10 Pro retail key I have installed on an old laptop, is it possible at all and is it possible to do without completely reinstalling the OS?The...
  4. Windows 11 Pro reverted back to Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro reverted back to Home: I have a computer that came with Windows 11 Home. It was upgraded by going to the Microsoft store and purchasing the license. The computer worked fine and was joined to the domain. Someone deleted the user account that was used to purchase the license and now the computer has...
  5. Windows 11 Pro reverted back to Home

Windows 11 Pro reverted back to Home: I have a computer that came with Windows 11 Home. It was upgraded by going to the Microsoft store and purchasing the license. The computer worked fine and was joined to the domain. Someone deleted the user account that was used to purchase the license and now the computer has...
  6. Not able to upgrade windows home to pro

Not able to upgrade windows home to pro: Not able to upgrade windows home to pro. I used the key available for me from my Visual studio account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-upgrade-windows-home-to-pro/6809342e-a5a6-480c-9d36-6519480de72f
  7. Not able to upgrade windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to upgrade windows home to pro: Not able to upgrade windows home to pro. I used the key available for me from my Visual studio account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-upgrade-windows-home-to-pro/6809342e-a5a6-480c-9d36-6519480de72f
  8. Not able to upgrade windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Not able to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not able to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I had purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade. After hardware changes (had a Intel NUC failure and got a replacement unit), I installed Windows 10 Home and able to activate it but when trying to upgrade to Window 10 Pro, Microsoft Store does not detect my purchase, instead asks me...
  10. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro using the free 8.1 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro using the free 8.1 upgrade: This requires a bit of backstory. Back in the day, I bought a digital copy of Windows 8.1 Pro. Still have the email and it still shows up in my MS account order history. Once Windows 10 came out, MS offered it as a free upgrade for I think the first year, which I used and got...