Windows 10: Bypass for activating bitlocker

Discus and support Bypass for activating bitlocker in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, It may be a stupid question but i got a surface pro7 and microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove windows PRO from surface PRO and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/timtim_212, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Bypass for activating bitlocker

Hi everyone,

It may be a stupid question but i got a surface pro7 and microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove windows PRO from surface PRO and i need to connect a microsoft account to enable bitlocker on it.

Is there any way to bypass this connection?

Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/timtim_212
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/timtim_212, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Dec 23, 2019
  4. neilpzz Win User

Bypass for activating bitlocker

Bitlocker

Bypassing BitLocker is not possible, that's the whole point of BitLocker. You can try the command line as suggested or a Linux Live boot disc to see if that will allow you to reformat.

I don't think any Windows 10 commands will do it but look at using DISKPART commands.

neilpzz, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Bypass for activating bitlocker

1. Bypass for activating bitlocker - Similar Threads - Bypass activating bitlocker

2. Bypassing BitLocker, resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bypassing BitLocker, resetting PC: A user reset a new company laptop and inadvertently installed BitLocker, they don't have credentials to the account they used. We won't be able to recover it.We don't need anything on this device. In an effort to make it usable I tried running reset, and get There was a...
  3. Bypassing BitLocker, resetting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bypassing BitLocker, resetting PC: A user reset a new company laptop and inadvertently installed BitLocker, they don't have credentials to the account they used. We won't be able to recover it.We don't need anything on this device. In an effort to make it usable I tried running reset, and get There was a...
  4. Bypassing BitLocker, resetting PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bitlocker recovery key bypass or help finding it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key bypass or help finding it: Im having problems booting my computer it seems to be stuck at the bitlocker recovery key. Im not able to sign on to windows to turn it off or find out what it is, I need help!!! My virus protected expired so I decided to install avast, after installing i choose to do a boot...
  6. How to bypass the bitlocker?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to bypass the bitlocker?: how to bypass the bitlocker that locked my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-bypass-the-bitlocker/44f91cf6-1a43-446e-9965-4dd19e9e028b
  7. bypass bitlocker drive encryption through administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bypass bitlocker drive encryption through administrator?: Hi im trying to reset my hp elitebook x360 1030 g3 and i dont know my password and on top of that i threw the box away not knowing it contained the recovery key witnin the box now snce i dont know my password to my main user and have no way of getting my recovery key is there...
  8. bitlocker bypass

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker bypass: Hello, I have an TOPTON GAMING MINI PC that operates on Windows 10, and anytime I turn it on, it says "Recovery: there are no more Bitlocker recovery options on your PC, you'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media" and if I press f9 it asks me to insert...
  9. Can't bypass BitLocker!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't bypass BitLocker!: Hello! For some reason I have to get BitLocker recovery key, but I don't have it. There's no key on my account, no key in AD, no key on USB and can't reset it from BIOS. I've checked everything from Google and YouTube but without any good answer. And I can't get to Command...
  10. CLI during WinX Install bypasses BitLocker

in Windows 10 News
    CLI during WinX Install bypasses BitLocker: Press Shift + F10 during Windows 10 Upgrade to Launch Root CLI & bypass BitLocker Tuesday, November 29, 2016 Swati Khandelwal If your computer's security relies on Windows BitLocker Hard Drive Encryption software, then Beware! Because anyone with physical access...