Windows 10: Bypass internet restrictions on child account easily??

Discus and support Bypass internet restrictions on child account easily?? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've noticed the following issue, and wanted to know if anyone had a solution. Using family controls, you can block access to certain... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Sammy554774, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Bypass internet restrictions on child account easily??

Hi everyone,

I've noticed the following issue, and wanted to know if anyone had a solution. Using family controls, you can block access to certain websites, but this only works for Microsoft edge. You have the option to block certain other browsers, but there's no option to block all browsers that aren't Microsoft edge. What a kid can do is sign into the windows store (which their seems to be no way to disable), and download any browser he wants. You can also limit the downloads in the windows store, but only to the age of 3+, and the browsers are rated for everyone!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Sammy

:)

Sammy554774, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Aug 7, 2019
  3. DQL
    DQL Win User
    Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

Thanks Kari.

I copied their User folders so I could restore them later.
    I deleted their accounts on the computer.
    I removed them from my Microsoft Account "Family" online, to "start from scratch".
    I went to "Settings" on my PC and added them as a child account.
    I logged into their email and accepted the Family request.
    I then logged into their new child account. Before restoring their User folders.

Guess what? They can still log in with a local account.

This "local account" option that lets them bypass child controls so easily seems to be sticky. As if it is stored with the Microsoft Account. That I needed to create in Windows10. To enable child settings control.

I guess nobody at Microsoft thought of the use-case of somebody upgrading from Windows7 to Windows10 with EXISTING child accounts.

What would you suggest now? Create NEW, DIFFERENT Microsoft accounts using other garbage emails?

4. Zowy v O Win User

Bypass internet restrictions on child account easily??

Child restriction

Yesterday to follow a games development I had to make an Xbox life account. Which I couln'd because I am under 18.

I decided to use my student email on Microsoft as my parent account to give myself permission. From this moment everything was fine. When I opened my browser Google Chrome today to play some music (I already had opened my browser today) A tab opened up that
    I had to ask for parent permission to use Google Chrome. So I did, but when I want to accept it as my "Parent" I have to get into my browser but I can't get into that because I have to "Permission". This is a loop I can't get out of.

I deleted my "Parent" account and changed my age on my normal account. I've never been child restricted and never chose to get child restricted. But in some way I got myself to be child restricted.

I'm using internet explorer to type this because I can't use chrome at all. I'd like to get help with this because I am still child restricted and basically can't work on my school projects right now.

I hope this all makes sense.

Kind regards,

Zowy

There is no need to tell me that what I did was wrong, because my parents absoultely trust me with the internet. I do not require child restriction.

Zowy v O, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Bypass internet restrictions on child account easily??

1. Bypass internet restrictions on child account easily?? - Similar Threads - Bypass internet restrictions

2. Bypass restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass restrictions: HiMy son belongs to my Microsoft family as a child. Every time he has to ask for time to use the pc for valid reasons before you start thinking I’m too strict . He has a Lenovo laptop Since yesterday he can access the laptop at any time of the day without approvals on that...
  3. Bypass restrictions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bypass restrictions: HiMy son belongs to my Microsoft family as a child. Every time he has to ask for time to use the pc for valid reasons before you start thinking I’m too strict . He has a Lenovo laptop Since yesterday he can access the laptop at any time of the day without approvals on that...
  4. Bypass restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to create easily create a strict account for child?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create easily create a strict account for child?: Hi! I got a second-hand laptop with Windows 10 Home and wanted to know if there is a guide on how to easily create a strict account just for one of our children use a strict browser and Word for e-school, since the school is closed. I'm not very Windows-savy, so I thank any...
  6. child account restrictions

child account restrictions: Hi, I have set up an account on my PC for my child and have successfully restricted his internet access to only the list of sites that I have approved. However, on the bottom taskbar, there is a search box that returns previews of web search results, including pictures, if...
  7. Child account restrictions not working on windows 10 for ARM

Child account restrictions not working on windows 10 for ARM: I have an Asus ARM tablet that I got for my son and have another Asus laptop x64 for him to use for homework and a little entertainment. I set them both up identically, I logged in with my parent account, added the child account and logged in has him. On the laptop, all the...
  8. Windows do not restrict screen time for child account

Windows do not restrict screen time for child account: Hi! Screen time report shows 4+ hours of use, but in screen time limit I set up only 2 hours. What's wrong with my family settings? Why child can exceed screen time limit? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions

How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions: Right this is now stressing us out I have had my own Microsoft Account for years. However when we got our son his XBOX One we used my Microsoft Account which of course is the Adult Account to set him up on his new XBOX One and away he went. Now he is getting older he is...
  10. Add restriction to childs device

Add restriction to childs device: I am windows 10 user with 3 devices (one laptop, two desktops) at my disposal and I am the sole user on all three devices (naturally making me administrator) To restrict my surfing habits I have added my ms account as child account with my friend as an adult who can set all...