Windows 10: Bypass of allowed sites

Discus and support Bypass of allowed sites in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have Microsoft Family set up to block all sites but those which are on the allow list. This appeared to be working but I have found a .htm file on my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Scott S Sikora, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Bypass of allowed sites

I have Microsoft Family set up to block all sites but those which are on the allow list. This appeared to be working but I have found a .htm file on my child's computer that when launched bypasses this check. The site in question happens to be discord.com. So, if you open a browser and try to go to dicord.com, www.discord.com, etc. the browser blocks it properly. But, if you use this file it goes right out to the site. I looked at the code and discord.com is in there but I assume you could place any site in there and it would bypass for that one as well. I don't know the exact mechanism you are using to check for these allows but it appears there is a way to beat it. Who can I talk to about this?

Thanks,

Scott

:)

Scott S Sikora, Dec 17, 2020
  2. fdm2000 Win User

Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    This site is not secure.... How to bypass?

Hi,

When you receive the error message "The site is not secure. This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.", it is possible that this means the certificate is not
    installed correctly or is expired and the site has not renewed it. It is also possible that the website has been compromised and there is a malicious redirection.

For troubleshooting steps to help resolve this error message in Internet Explorer 11, you can follow the steps below:

• Open your Internet Explorer and click the gear
      icon on the upper right side of the page.
    • Select Internet Options and click the Advanced
      tab.
    • Under Settings, look for Security.
    • Remove the check marks on Check for publisher's certificate revocation,
      Check for server certificate revocation and Check for signatures on downloaded programs.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards.

Rhina Vib, Dec 17, 2020
  4. PamAird Win User

Bypass of allowed sites

Windows Defender- How do I add to allowed sites?

How do I add a site to the allowed list? I can find where there is a list to view but cannot find where to actually add a site. Thank you for your help.

PamAird, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Bypass of allowed sites

1. Bypass of allowed sites - Similar Threads - Bypass allowed sites

2. Bypass member only sites / disable pop ups for cookies

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bypass member only sites / disable pop ups for cookies: Bypass member only sites / disable pop ups for cookies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAb37fF67tw submitted by /u/RoughCalligrapher906 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1c3hd31/bypass_member_only_sites_disable_pop_ups_for/
  3. Allowed Sites not working on family settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allowed Sites not working on family settings: I have added youtubekids as an allowed website to my kids profile but I am getting a message in the Edge browser that my child needs permission to use the site. What so I need to do to fix this, it seems really broken.--H...
  4. VS 2019 Allow the installation of updates to bypass UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VS 2019 Allow the installation of updates to bypass UAC: We have many installations of VS2019 and all of our users are Non-admins on their devices.When new patches are released the user is notified within VS2019.However the user is prevented from installing the update due to UAC requiring elevated privileges.This generates support...
  5. How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC?: I am always running this program and the UAC pop-ups are kind of annoying. I don't want to disable UAC because it's useful for other programs, so how can I make it not ask just for this one? This solution:...
  6. How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to always allow a certain program to bypass UAC?: I am always running this program and the UAC pop-ups are kind of annoying. I don't want to disable UAC because it's useful for other programs, so how can I make it not ask just for this one? This solution:...
  7. Popups allowed for specific sites

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Popups allowed for specific sites: How do I allow popups for specific sites in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popups-allowed-for-specific-sites/138da6f4-5d65-4ea6-8171-182c4efeae9c
  8. Site is not allowing me to enter the date.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Site is not allowing me to enter the date.: A site I use for public transportation is not allowing me to enter the date. I can do it successfully on other computers, just not mine. Any ideas?...
  9. Allowing Flash in Edge for a Specific Site

in Browsers and Email
    Allowing Flash in Edge for a Specific Site: I have Flash enable in Edge (Windows 10, latest production builds). Some site will play Flash content immediately, but other sites do not and there is no "Run Flash" prompt for the site. Any thoughts on how Flash can be enabled for a site that is not giving the additional...
  10. Enable or Disable Bypassing SmartScreen for Sites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Bypassing SmartScreen for Sites in Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable Bypassing SmartScreen for Sites in Microsoft Edge How to Enable or Disable Bypassing SmartScreen Prompts for Sites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...