Windows 10: Bypass PIN at Log In

Discus and support Bypass PIN at Log In in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I did a second install of Win 10, dual boot with my old Win 10 install that will eventually just be for recording. The new install will become my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by fireberd, Sep 10, 2020.

1. fireberd Win User

Bypass PIN at Log In

I did a second install of Win 10, dual boot with my old Win 10 install that will eventually just be for recording. The new install will become my "operational" Win 10.

On my old install it is logged in with my Microsoft account and I have it bypassed via netplwiz. On the new install it forced me to set a PIN for log in. I can't find info on how to bypass the PIN like was done with netplwiz for the Microsoft account. Is there a procedure to bypass the PIN?

:)

fireberd, Sep 10, 2020

2. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Bypass PIN at Log In

How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Bypass PIN at Log In [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Bypass PIN at Log In

1. Bypass PIN at Log In - Similar Threads - Bypass PIN Log

2. Bypass Pin on Public Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bypass Pin on Public Computer?: We have computers available to the public to use and we're trying to prevent anyone from coming in and downloading/installing any software and changing configurations. We have the admin account and a local account called Patron. So far, we've made it to where the Patron...
  3. Bypass Pin on Public Computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bypass Pin on Public Computer?: We have computers available to the public to use and we're trying to prevent anyone from coming in and downloading/installing any software and changing configurations. We have the admin account and a local account called Patron. So far, we've made it to where the Patron...
  4. Windows Hello PIN bypass/removal

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN bypass/removal: Hello,My husband has recently changed employers. His previous employer provided us with access to Microsoft 365 Business. However, when he left they revoked our access, which is understandable. As a result we have just purchased & installed Microsoft 365 Personal.Our problem...
  5. Windows Hello PIN bypass/removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN bypass/removal: Hello,My husband has recently changed employers. His previous employer provided us with access to Microsoft 365 Business. However, when he left they revoked our access, which is understandable. As a result we have just purchased & installed Microsoft 365 Personal.Our problem...
  6. Windows Hello PIN bypass/removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bypass evoo laptops log in screen

Bypass evoo laptops log in screen: How do I get ready evoo laptops log in screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bypass-evoo-laptops-log-in-screen/57d24bb7-96ba-467d-ac88-0e22d1830116
  8. Bypassing PIN (cannot logon)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypassing PIN (cannot logon): Hi, A friend of mine recently passed away. I am trying to gain access to his pc to recover photos and documents for his mother. The computer is PIN protected. Password resetting tools I've tried do not remove the PIN unfortunately. I do not know his Microsoft account. If I...
  9. Pin bypass

Pin bypass: So, I have a 4+ yr old laptop that I just bothered to power up since I bought a new charging cord. It had either windows 7 or 8. On startup it asked me for my PIN, well its been too long and I forgot it. There was also an option to login with my Microsoft account. Being...
  10. Bypass Gmail on log-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass Gmail on log-on: Question: How do I bypass the gmail log-on / password in trying to access my laptop computer. Background: I have not used my “when I’m travelling” lap top for a number of weeks. I change my Gmail password regularly, and can’t remember what it was when I last logged off from...