Windows 10: Bypass Pin on Public Computer?

Discus and support Bypass Pin on Public Computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have computers available to the public to use and we're trying to prevent anyone from coming in and downloading/installing any software and changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CCPL, Oct 6, 2022.

1. CCPL Win User

Bypass Pin on Public Computer?

We have computers available to the public to use and we're trying to prevent anyone from coming in and downloading/installing any software and changing configurations. We have the admin account and a local account called Patron. So far, we've made it to where the Patron account requires a pin to download/install or change settings but I noticed that when the window asking for a pin pops-up, you can actually just hit the x at the top and it will bypass the pin requirement. I tested this with a Firefox download, when I closed the pop-up request for a pin it started the Firefox download anyway. I

:)

CCPL, Oct 6, 2022
  2. fireberd Win User

Bypass PIN at Log In

I did a second install of Win 10, dual boot with my old Win 10 install that will eventually just be for recording. The new install will become my "operational" Win 10.

On my old install it is logged in with my Microsoft account and I have it bypassed via netplwiz. On the new install it forced me to set a PIN for log in. I can't find info on how to bypass the PIN like was done with netplwiz for the Microsoft account. Is there a procedure to bypass the PIN?

fireberd, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    PIN issue - signing in on a different computer

Hi Zelina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

A PIN is local to the device. It isn’t transmitted anywhere and it isn’t stored on the server unlike password. When a PIN is created, it establishes a trusted relationship with the identity provider and creates an asymmetric key pair that is used for
    authentication. PIN is tied to the specific device on which it was set up. That PIN is of no use without that specific hardware.

You can bypass the option to sign in with PIN while setting up the account on PC. You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Sign in with your boyfriend’s account.
    • Press Win + R keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog and type the following into the Run box: netplwiz
    • Remove your account from there.
    • Add your account again, skip the PIN setup when it prompts you to.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you need by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Oct 6, 2022
  4. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Bypass Pin on Public Computer? - Similar Threads - Bypass Pin Public

2. How do I bypass pin on lockscreen??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I bypass pin on lockscreen??: How do I bypass pin on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-bypass-pin-on-lockscreen/2cd4c48b-cbf3-401e-8e58-b76adc2635a7
  3. Bypass Pin on Public Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bypass Pin on Public Computer?: We have computers available to the public to use and we're trying to prevent anyone from coming in and downloading/installing any software and changing configurations. We have the admin account and a local account called Patron. So far, we've made it to where the Patron...
  4. Windows Hello PIN bypass/removal

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN bypass/removal: Hello,My husband has recently changed employers. His previous employer provided us with access to Microsoft 365 Business. However, when he left they revoked our access, which is understandable. As a result we have just purchased & installed Microsoft 365 Personal.Our problem...
  5. Windows Hello PIN bypass/removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN bypass/removal: Hello,My husband has recently changed employers. His previous employer provided us with access to Microsoft 365 Business. However, when he left they revoked our access, which is understandable. As a result we have just purchased & installed Microsoft 365 Personal.Our problem...
  6. Windows Hello PIN bypass/removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bypassing PIN (cannot logon)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypassing PIN (cannot logon): Hi, A friend of mine recently passed away. I am trying to gain access to his pc to recover photos and documents for his mother. The computer is PIN protected. Password resetting tools I've tried do not remove the PIN unfortunately. I do not know his Microsoft account. If I...
  8. Pin bypass

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin bypass: So, I have a 4+ yr old laptop that I just bothered to power up since I bought a new charging cord. It had either windows 7 or 8. On startup it asked me for my PIN, well its been too long and I forgot it. There was also an option to login with my Microsoft account. Being...
  9. Bypass PIN at Log In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass PIN at Log In: I did a second install of Win 10, dual boot with my old Win 10 install that will eventually just be for recording. The new install will become my "operational" Win 10. On my old install it is logged in with my Microsoft account and I have it bypassed via netplwiz. On the...
  10. usb drives and public computers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb drives and public computers: I work in a public library, and at the public computer stations, patrons often leave their personal usb drives in the computer at log off. Is there a tool for installing an alarm or alert when the patron logs off to remind them to take their usb?...