Windows 10: Bypass previous owner login and password

Discus and support Bypass previous owner login and password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My daughter bought a used laptop with Win10 and the previous owner left his login and pin in it and now we can't reach him. Is there a way I can bypass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolB_850, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Bypass previous owner login and password

My daughter bought a used laptop with Win10 and the previous owner left his login and pin in it and now we can't reach him. Is there a way I can bypass that to get into windows to make it my daughters laptop?

:)

CarolB_850, Jul 16, 2021
  2. fdm2000 Win User

Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Jul 16, 2021
  3. How do you opt out of the W8.1 password login?

I just set up a laptop for a friend by DLing ALL the W8 updates, and then installing the 8.1 free update, but it makes you choose a password login. In searching I've found a way to turn that off by unchecking the password option in the user account settings, and it now bypasses it on restart and initial bootup, but it doesn't completely remove this annoying feature. Any time the clock/screensaver kicks in, it still asks for a password.

Does anyone know how to completely bypass the password login option for W8.1?

Frag Maniac, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Barman58 Win User

Bypass previous owner login and password

How to Bypass Login Password

There is one other location relating to passwords that could be causing your issue ...

Settings - Accounts - Sign in Options - Require Sign in

Bypass previous owner login and password [​IMG]

Barman58, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Bypass previous owner login and password

1. Bypass previous owner login and password - Similar Threads - Bypass previous owner

2. How to bypass the password login on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to bypass the password login on Win 10?: Hi! I have an old PC at my old house, which I haven't used for 3 years. I have tried many passwords that I could think of even the hint didn't help, but it didn't work. The account is the administrator, so it won't allow me to modify it in any way. I have tried a method...
  3. How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?: I can no longer find a way to logon to Windows 10 without having to enter my password. Seemingly due to recent changes resulting from uploading the most recent versions of Windows 10. IMPORTANT: I had also done a Windows 10 reinstall with the latest updates.Note: I prefer to...
  4. How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?: I can no longer find a way to logon to Windows 10 without having to enter my password. Seemingly due to recent changes resulting from uploading the most recent versions of Windows 10. IMPORTANT: I had also done a Windows 10 reinstall with the latest updates.Note: I prefer to...
  5. How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. unable to bypass windows 10 password login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to bypass windows 10 password login: I have Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1. I want to be able to boot Windows 10 without requiring my password. I can't remove my password because if I do, I can't share files using the NETWORK window with other machines in my home. netplwiz doesn't show the checkbox to skip sign in....
  7. unable to bypass windows 10 password login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to bypass windows 10 password login: I have Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1. I want to be able to boot Windows 10 without requiring my password. I can't remove my password because if I do, I can't share files using the NETWORK window with other machines in my home. netplwiz doesn't show the checkbox to skip sign in....
  8. Bypass login password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bypass login password: I have just purchased a new Dell Desktop which comes with Win 10. Whilst I appreciate MS's concern over security, I suspect that I should be more concerned about losing my credir=t cards or car keys than someone running off with my desktop, which only contains my personell...
  9. How to Bypass Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Bypass Login Password: I want to sign into Windows without a password, So I un-ticked "Users must enter a user name and password..." in User Accounts (See below). Now when I boot up, the Password screen is bypassed, and all is good. But when I simply log out of my account, I have to enter a...
  10. Can't bypass login and password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't bypass login and password: I recently migrated to Win10 with a free upgrade from Win7. I'm the only user, and I like to power up and then find the computer ready to use when I come back to it without having to log in. When I installed Win10, without understanding why, I followed the instructions to...