Windows 10: Bypass sign on screen

Discus and support Bypass sign on screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Computer returns from sleeping or hibernating and always return to sign on screen. I want it to go directly to last open application.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mauser, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Mauser Win User

Bypass sign on screen

Computer returns from sleeping or hibernating and always return to sign on screen. I want it to go directly to last open application.

:)

Mauser, Nov 1, 2019

2. Bypass sign in screen - Surface 3, Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

I understand that you were able to bypass entering the username/password on the sign-in screen when you start the computer. You have tried most of the steps which is appreciated.

Does the computer asks you to enter the password after it wakes up from sleep?

We have reproduced the scenario. This is by design and we cannot bypass the screen the screen you mention.

Anish A Kumar, Nov 1, 2019
  3. davej1983 Win User
    Bypass sign in screen - Surface 3, Windows 10

I would like to bypass the log in screen that appears after the lock screen when I wake up my surface.

Steps I've taken:

- Switched to a local account with no password set

- used netplwiz and unchecked "Users must enter a name and password to use this computer"

- Made sure that "Don't require a password" is selected on the power options/system settings

When I start the surface from power off, it loads directly to the desktop. However if it is from sleep or when the screen times out (if those are different) the lock screen appears, then after that a sign in screen appears where I have to tap "Sign in" to
    get to my desktop. I would like to bypass that second screen so after the lock screen it goes straight to my desktop.

davej1983, Nov 1, 2019
  4. DaveToms Win User

Bypass sign on screen

Broken security by bypassing lock screen on restart

Question:

Why does Windows bypass the lock screen when it restarts after a Windows update? I consider this a security design flaw. If a maintenance crew came by my home while I'm at work to do some home renovation upgrades but they left the
    front door unlocked when they finished, when I got home I'd wonder what on Earth they were thinking. I hope I've just missed a setting somewhere to disable this.

Three things I accept:

1. Locking my computer to protect my privacy.

2. Windows restarting after an update.

3. Windows automatically updating, which is frustrating but acceptable.

But I don't accept Windows bypassing the lock screen after an update.

Precondition:

Windows 10 is set up to require a password at sign in, both on startup and on the lock screen.

Steps to reproduce:

Step 1: Lock the computer.

Step 2: Leave the room.

Step 3: Wait for Windows to perform an automatic system update.

Step 4: Windows restarts automatically.

Problem 1: Windows bypasses the lock screen, instead signing in and showing the desktop.

Problem 2: Come home and book a doctor's appointment to deal with the stress of seeing my computer unlocked.

It's my first post in the community so suggestions about posting etiquette are welcome.

DaveToms, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Bypass sign on screen

1. Bypass sign on screen - Similar Threads - Bypass sign screen

2. Windows 11 bypass sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 bypass sign in: Hi if I want to by the the sign in when starting my computer, I now i can go to netplwiz etc. and uncheck as below. But there can be times when this does not work, it is just greyed out. I did have some registry code saved in notepadbut have lost / deleted it. can someone let...
  3. Windows 11 bypass sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 bypass sign in: Hi if I want to by the the sign in when starting my computer, I now i can go to netplwiz etc. and uncheck as below. But there can be times when this does not work, it is just greyed out. I did have some registry code saved in notepadbut have lost / deleted it. can someone let...
  4. How to bypass "Sign In Screen"- NOT "Log In" OR "Paswword"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to bypass "Sign In Screen"- NOT "Log In" OR "Paswword": Simple request, I want to bypass "Sign In" screen on startup or coming out of sleep. Windows 10 version 20HT 180551
  5. How to bypass "Sign In Screen"- NOT "Log In" OR "Paswword"

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bypass "Sign In Screen"- NOT "Log In" OR "Paswword": Simple request, I want to bypass "Sign In" screen on startup or coming out of sleep. Windows 10 version 20HT 180551
  6. bypassing the password screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    bypassing the password screen: I cannot get past the password/login screen to change the password. When I click on reset password, I'm directed to insert a usb with a file to reset the password, but why and how do I do that? Why can't I just be directed to the Windows/startup menu to the control panel and...
  7. Is it possible to bypass the login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to bypass the login screen?: Hello again, Whenever I boot up my laptop, I get a popup that says that my password is invalid. I click on OK and it goes to another screen where I now have three options to login, all pertaining to my email password. I found the way to switch off the PIN code login but I...
  8. how to bypass logon screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to bypass logon screen: I have tried the one about typing netplwiz in run box then go to box that has logon password uncheck box that says user must inter password to logon then inter password then confirm then click okay twice I have tried this over and over again and it never works this is a new...
  9. bypass lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bypass lock screen: how do I get into my Lenovo ideapad bypassing the screen lock passcode I cant get into the computer cause I forgot the passcode and doing a factory reset didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bypass-lock-screen/c2b1ec96-53dc-421c-ba79-6d0789e4937c"
  10. How do I bypass the opening picture screen and go straight to the sign in screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I bypass the opening picture screen and go straight to the sign in screen?: When I 1st turn on my laptop it shows different pictures from all around the world and up it the corner it asks if I like the picture and want to see more like it. As soon as I touch anything on the scree it going to the password enter screen. How do I bypass the opening...