Windows 10: Bypass UAC Prompt for Excel

Discus and support Bypass UAC Prompt for Excel in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whenever I open Excel often I get the UAC verification prompt. So of course I have to click Yes to proceed. Word and PowerPoint donot raise the UAC... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rabnud, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Rabnud Win User

Bypass UAC Prompt for Excel

Whenever I open Excel often I get the UAC verification prompt. So of course I have to click Yes to proceed. Word and PowerPoint donot raise the UAC prompt. I perceive Excel, as part of Microsoft Office, to be just as trusted as Word and PowerPoint. So why the UAC prompt only for Excel? Granted, I use and program with VBA extensively in Excel, and not in the other two.

I don't want to set UAC in Control Panel to Never Notify, as that leaves me potentially vulnerable to malware. So is there a way to enable Excel to bypass the UAC prompt, without disabling it for many other apps? I am comfortable editing the Registry and using the Admin command Prompt.

I run Win10 Pro, version 1909, up to date, on a fairly new PC.

:)

Rabnud, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Mr.NACKRR Win User

UAC Prompt Requirement

Recently, whenever I try and run something on my computer that need Admin Permission, I get prompted with a UAC pin requirement, is there any way I might get rid of this? (My Dad has put the password on my Laptop and I am unsure as of how to bypass it).
    I just need help bypassing the UAC prompt whenever I am running a app and or any application that needs admin permissions.

Mr.NACKRR, Dec 29, 2020
  3. inferKNOX Win User
    inferKNOX, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Bypass UAC Prompt for Excel

Bypass UAC prompt when importing Registry keys

Hi All,

I am trying to import a number of registry keys silently to HKCU hive using the following command line:

Regedit .exe /s "<path to the registry_key\regkey.reg"

I am getting the following UAC prompt which I am trying to by-pass:

any suggestions to import the registry keys silently?

khanShehzad, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Bypass UAC Prompt for Excel

1. Bypass UAC Prompt for Excel - Similar Threads - Bypass UAC Prompt

2. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  3. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  4. make a group bypass uac

in Windows 10 Customization
    make a group bypass uac: is there a way to make a group that gives administrator perms by default, like the hidden built in administrator account, but with a group? all of the users in the group will have administrator access, but uac will be disabled for the administrators in the group. is this...
  5. Rundll32 UAC prompts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rundll32 UAC prompts: I know this issue kinda persistent through ages and windows versions. But has anybody ever found a fix for it apart from repair install? First I had this issue when I want to open my audio devices/sound controls (first on win7 but after a while I got it on win10 too) , now I...
  6. UAC Prompt Requirement

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    UAC Prompt Requirement: Recently, whenever I try and run something on my computer that need Admin Permission, I get prompted with a UAC pin requirement, is there any way I might get rid of this? My Dad has put the password on my Laptop and I am unsure as of how to bypass it. I just need help...
  7. UAC prompt - .bat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC prompt - .bat: Windowsversion: 1903 Hey guys I have been trying to find a topic that explained exactly what I needed. Think is, I have a file that I would like to run, but don't want to type in my administrator each time. I'd like right click on the file, and then be able to click on a...
  8. UAC Elevation prompts?

UAC Elevation prompts?: Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials? 137776
  9. UAC Prompt

UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  10. UAC prompt question

UAC prompt question: Found it - The dimming of your desktop is referred to as the secure desktop because other programs can't run while it's dimmed. User Account Control - MDSN Denis