Windows 10: Bypass welcome screen after resuming from sleep

Discus and support Bypass welcome screen after resuming from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure it's called the welcome screen, i have to press Enter or use the mouse to get in. 129395 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KarolR, Mar 22, 2019.

1. KarolR Win User

Bypass welcome screen after resuming from sleep

I'm not sure it's called the welcome screen, i have to press Enter or use the mouse to get in.

:)

KarolR, Mar 22, 2019
  2. borgus Win User

Bypass lock screen after sleep

New Dell Inspiron running W10 1607 HOME needs to have lock screen bypassed when awakening from sleep.
    Virtually every suggested tweak in various forums has been tried. None succeeds.

Netplwiz: unchecking the "users must use" box
    Power Options: there are no references to "password after sleep" as shown in some posts
    Registry: adding "personalization" with DWord 1
    There is no gpedit policy editor in this version of Windows

Has something been missed?

borgus, Mar 22, 2019
  3. BrooksyX Win User
    Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Bypass welcome screen after resuming from sleep

Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button.
    I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change, task scheduler, rename folder, etc. I can't disable this useless screen.

It seems lockscreen cannot be disabled in Pro but is there a workaround?

becritical, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Bypass welcome screen after resuming from sleep

1. Bypass welcome screen after resuming from sleep - Similar Threads - Bypass welcome screen

2. Photoshop from Microsoft Store cannot Bypass the Welcome Screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photoshop from Microsoft Store cannot Bypass the Welcome Screen: I purchased the latest version of Photoshop Elements recently from the Microsoft store. It runs OK, but I cannot start it efficiently.I normally want to use the Photo Editor, but it always starts with a Welcome screen, from which I have to manually request the Photo Editor,...
  3. Photoshop from Microsoft Store cannot Bypass the Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photoshop from Microsoft Store cannot Bypass the Welcome Screen: I purchased the latest version of Photoshop Elements recently from the Microsoft store. It runs OK, but I cannot start it efficiently.I normally want to use the Photo Editor, but it always starts with a Welcome screen, from which I have to manually request the Photo Editor,...
  4. Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation: I have my desktop set up to boot directly into Windows when starting up, that is, no password. I would like to have the same behavior when I restart after sleep or hibernation, but I can't find a way to do that. 173844
  5. Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep: To add to my ever growing list of annoyances and gremlins, is as the title says. Absolutely no sound at all after the computer resumes from sleeping. I know that some people are going to nag me about old hardware, but cmon, i can understand video as it evolved to higher and...
  6. irregular BSODs after resume from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    irregular BSODs after resume from sleep: Hello, I am having irregular BSODs if and only if I have sent my PC to standby and am resuming from it. If I remember correctly, these BSODs come with different error codes. I have run the V2 log collector, the output is attached to this post. Thank you very much in...
  7. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  8. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  9. No wallpaper on resume from sleep screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    No wallpaper on resume from sleep screen: Windows 10 home with the anniversary update and all updates since on a Toshiba laptop. When I boot up from a complete shutdown, I get a wallpaper (1) on the screen and after I press enter the login screen appears with its wallpaper image. But, when I resume by lifting the...
  10. Bypass lock screen after sleep

Bypass lock screen after sleep: New Dell Inspiron running W10 1607 HOME needs to have lock screen bypassed when awakening from sleep. Virtually every suggested tweak in various forums has been tried. None succeeds. Netplwiz: unchecking the "users must use" box Power Options: there are no references to...