Windows 10: Bypass win 10 login by using power switch and detaching power cord?

Discus and support Bypass win 10 login by using power switch and detaching power cord? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I NEED HELP ASAP. My 16 year old nephew bypassed the win 10 password by somehow holding in the power switch and removing the power cord--it is a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AK0126, Aug 6, 2020.

1. AK0126 Win User

Bypass win 10 login by using power switch and detaching power cord?

I NEED HELP ASAP. My 16 year old nephew bypassed the win 10 password by somehow holding in the power switch and removing the power cord--it is a Lenovo All in One. By doing that, he bypasses the password but then it takes the machine back to factory default. Now he has gone ahead and set up himself as a user with a password. PLEASE--can someone tell me how to get past that password and recover the PC. My only other option is removing the PC. Thank you for any info!

:)

AK0126, Aug 6, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 power options

Hi Robert,

About your concern with Windows 10 power options, applied settings may not be recognized due to several reasons. We suggest that you run the Windows 10 Power troubleshooter. Here are the steps to follow:

• Go to Search, type troubleshoot, and click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • The troubleshooting wizard will automatically start. It will try to solve any detected issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your concern.

Xylee Del, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Bypass win 10 login by using power switch and detaching power cord?

how to install a power shutdown to windows 10

Hi Robert,

I suggest to run System File Checker, to scan and check if there are corrupted files that could be causing this issue. To perform System File checker follow this steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt.
    • Type sfc /scannow in Command prompts and press enter.
    • Then restart your computer.

You can also refer to this
    link
    posted by DavidBaker85.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Bypass win 10 login by using power switch and detaching power cord?

1. Bypass win 10 login by using power switch and detaching power cord? - Similar Threads - Bypass login using

2. Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord: Hello folks, I had this issue and the locked answer was related to turning off virus protection not helpful The solution for me was to: 1. EDIT THE BIOS and DISABLE "boot when power is applied"I have a lenovo x230 laptop running Win10. This problem plagued me for over a week,...
  3. power cord replacement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    power cord replacement: where do i purchase ew power cord https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord-replacement/d4df5660-b3c2-45c7-ad25-20ca99c5a3b6
  4. power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  5. Universal power cord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Universal power cord: I had to purchase a universal power cord for my Dell laptop. It plugs in but won't charge. Any way I can get the laptop to charge??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-power-cord/ec366f36-ccc6-4119-8239-570738282c95
  6. Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power cord not running laptop but is charging battery.: My laptop is currently charging with the power cord but does not seem to be running it at all. The battery is depleting while I am using the laptop to the point that it will shutdown because of low battery even though it is plugged in. Battery will then charge. Icon bar at...
  7. Power Cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8
  8. Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged

Laptop crashes when power cord is unplugged: Hello everyone! I recently bought MSI GF72VR and I am having strange problem with it. Almost every time when I unplug power cord and I have open program my laptop freezes for about 3-4 seconds then it comes black screen and then blue screen and restart. I have tried to...
  9. Rca 2in1tablet power cord.

Rca 2in1tablet power cord.: I need to replace the power cord on my RCA 2in1 tablet, but am having a hard time finding one to fit. Tried two different universal cords from Walmart and neither fit correctly to start charging. Any suggestions?...
  10. my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord

my laptop is not recgnizing it's power cord: ok when ever I plug in my Dell power cord that came with my laptop I get a pop up that say's . The AC power adapter is not recognized. System performance will be impacted. Please connect the correct Dell AC power adapter for best system operations. This adapter may not...