Windows 10: Bypassing image thumbnail zoom limit in Windows explorer?

Discus and support Bypassing image thumbnail zoom limit in Windows explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 - 1903 version (64 bit). Is there a way to bypass the zoom limit that windows explorer has while we zoom into the thumbnails and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archz2, Aug 6, 2019.

1. archz2 Win User

Bypassing image thumbnail zoom limit in Windows explorer?

I am using windows 10 - 1903 version (64 bit). Is there a way to bypass the zoom limit that windows explorer has while we zoom into the thumbnails and increase their size?

:)

archz2, Aug 6, 2019
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Aug 6, 2019
  3. d0gknees Win User
    Thumbnail support for Adobe Applications within Windows Explorer

The OP doesn't want icons, they want to see thumbnails showing an image of the document contents for all the Adobe file types listed.

d0gknees, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Bypassing image thumbnail zoom limit in Windows explorer?

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

First off welcome to TPU and secondly what version of Windows do you have installed? and Windows Media Player version?

EDIT:In Windows XP the command 'regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll' that you ran will disable video thumbnails. You can also, run 'regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll' to disable Image thumbnails. You are just registering dll's and unregistering dll's

Mindweaver, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Bypassing image thumbnail zoom limit in Windows explorer?

1. Bypassing image thumbnail zoom limit in Windows explorer? - Similar Threads - Bypassing image thumbnail

2. Windows 10- Not able to view image thumbnails in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10- Not able to view image thumbnails in File Explorer: I just recently got a new computer and, at first, was able to view the thumbnails for all of my pictures in File Explorer but then, they stopped showing one day. I never made any changes during this time and I can still view the picture when I click on the icons. I also can...
  3. Windows 10- Not able to view image thumbnails in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10- Not able to view image thumbnails in File Explorer: I just recently got a new computer and, at first, was able to view the thumbnails for all of my pictures in File Explorer but then, they stopped showing one day. I never made any changes during this time and I can still view the picture when I click on the icons. I also can...
  4. Windows 10- Not able to view image thumbnails in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10- Not able to view image thumbnails in File Explorer: I just recently got a new computer and, at first, was able to view the thumbnails for all of my pictures in File Explorer but then, they stopped showing one day. I never made any changes during this time and I can still view the picture when I click on the icons. I have...
  5. No image thumbnail in explorer Icons

No image thumbnail in explorer Icons: Image icons shows up as blank dokument, i.e there is no image preview. I have checked that the option "allways show icons, never thumbnail" is not checked. I have used "Cleanmgr" to clean out thumbnails. I have deleted the thumnail cashe. Nothing of this works I have...
  6. Max File Explorer Thumbnail Image Size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Max File Explorer Thumbnail Image Size?: [ATTACH] While set to \"Extra Large Icons\", the Thumbnail size remains the same as \"Large Icons\" while spacing simply grows I have performed the following: Did the obvious File Explorer->View Ribbon->Extra Large Icons but all it does is change the size of spacing...
  7. Thumbnail Image

Thumbnail Image: The thumbnail image flashes when I open a folder in pictures. how do I get the picture image to remain open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-image/f58e2e4c-8d6c-475e-87a9-3f614c02dff5"
  8. Bypassing screen time limits

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypassing screen time limits: I have been using screen time limits successfully I thought, but now noticed my child will adjust the clock/time to by-pass the restrictions. Can changing of time be restricted? How?...
  9. image on thumbnails

image on thumbnails: In older versions of windows you could see images of what was in an svg file. With windows 10 you can't. I save a lot of craft patterns, and it takes forever to find the file I'm looking for without an image on the thumbnail. Is there a way to set this up?...
  10. Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.: All of a my preview for my images are gone... I went to Google and looked up some possible solutions. In explorer under view/options under View "Always show icons never thumbnails" is unchecked. I also tried to choose "Restore Defaults" from there as well with no luck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change w10 file explorer thumbnail size