Windows 10: Bypassing PIN (cannot logon)

Discus and support Bypassing PIN (cannot logon) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, A friend of mine recently passed away. I am trying to gain access to his pc to recover photos and documents for his mother. The computer is PIN... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gamefixated, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Bypassing PIN (cannot logon)

Hi,
    A friend of mine recently passed away. I am trying to gain access to his pc to recover photos and documents for his mother. The computer is PIN protected. Password resetting tools I've tried do not remove the PIN unfortunately. I do not know his Microsoft account.

If I hadn't upgraded his PC to an SSD a few months ago I could have simply attached his hard drive to my computer to access the files. Unfortunately, I only have one M.2 slot so that is not an option.

Any suggestions?

Dave

:)

gamefixated, Feb 9, 2021
  2. joewestin Win User

Is there anyway to bypass the initial logon that requires a password?

I have a problem with windows 10, is there anyway to bypass the initial logon that requires a password? I’ve done google and it only indicates ‘netplwiz’, i’ve done everything that’s suggested and it still fails.

joewestin, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Bypass LOGON

In Windows 10 in late February 2018 I tried to use "command" then "netplwiz" to bypass logon screen. This used to work but the screen giving options no longer appears. Help!

AnneLeach1, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Fenestrix Win User

Bypassing PIN (cannot logon)

Bypass logon?

OK, so I have installed Win10 (9926) from the ISO image, and managed to customise it a bit, but there are still some annoyances, like...

...having to log on every time Win10 starts up. I have persuaded it not to ask after waking up from sleep, but how can I persuade it to bypass the logon & password input at startup?

Fenestrix, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Bypassing PIN (cannot logon)

1. Bypassing PIN (cannot logon) - Similar Threads - Bypassing PIN cannot

2. Pin to logon on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  3. Pin to logon on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  4. PIN for Logon forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN for Logon forgotten: MS Folks,Have forgotten my Laptop logon PIN. I've made too many attempts to login and now I don't have an option for 'Forgot Password'. I go in a loop, inputting 'A1B2C3' to prove I am not a bot, and then when I fail to input the first attempt correctly I am told to reboot...
  5. Cannot Remove PIN Logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Remove PIN Logon: There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a PIN instead of password. I've seen several tutorials online on how to remove said PIN number but the 'remove' button under...
  6. Cannot Remove PIN Logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove PIN Logon: There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a PIN instead of password. I've seen several tutorials online on how to remove said PIN number but the 'remove' button under...
  7. Pin bypass

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin bypass: So, I have a 4+ yr old laptop that I just bothered to power up since I bought a new charging cord. It had either windows 7 or 8. On startup it asked me for my PIN, well its been too long and I forgot it. There was also an option to login with my Microsoft account. Being...
  8. Bypass PIN at Log In

Bypass PIN at Log In: I did a second install of Win 10, dual boot with my old Win 10 install that will eventually just be for recording. The new install will become my "operational" Win 10. On my old install it is logged in with my Microsoft account and I have it bypassed via netplwiz. On the...
  9. how to bypass logon screen

how to bypass logon screen: I have tried the one about typing netplwiz in run box then go to box that has logon password uncheck box that says user must inter password to logon then inter password then confirm then click okay twice I have tried this over and over again and it never works this is a new...
  10. Bypass logon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bypass logon?: OK, so I have installed Win10 (9926) from the ISO image, and managed to customise it a bit, but there are still some annoyances, like... ...having to log on every time Win10 starts up. I have persuaded it not to ask after waking up from sleep, but how can I persuade it to...