Windows 10: Bypassing the "common number pattern" PIN requirement

Discus and support Bypassing the "common number pattern" PIN requirement in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm unable to fully adjust my device's policy for Windows Hello PIN Complexity. Specifically, the requirement that the PIN may not be a common... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bailius, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Bailius Win User

Bypassing the "common number pattern" PIN requirement

Hello,

I'm unable to fully adjust my device's policy for Windows Hello PIN Complexity. Specifically, the requirement that the PIN may not be a common number pattern appears to be unchangeable. This is a desktop using Windows 10 Pro.

I understand that I am able to adjust my PIN Complexity through the Local Group Policy Editor: Bypassing the "common number pattern" PIN requirement 30eb7a35-6d8b-48dc-8e79-f68108595235?upload=true.png

This does not allow me to bypass the common number pattern requirement. The list of adjustable settings does not include an entry that determines that requirement.

I also understand that I am able to adjust my PIN Complexity settings through the Registry Editor:

Bypassing the "common number pattern" PIN requirement eb77634d-dadb-4c9a-af25-9d7761fbd516?upload=true.png

The available entries don't help me here either. They've all been set to 0 to disable them anyway, but that doesn't seem to have removed the common number pattern requirement. To show the error message I'm trying to bypass, here's an example of a number pattern:

Bypassing the "common number pattern" PIN requirement 4ff16f00-318b-47cc-aefc-b2df071a4c9d?upload=true.png

Because the pattern recognition I'm trying to bypass looks for constantly ascending or descending patterns, 1975 a pattern ascending by 8 each time can't be chosen as a PIN, among others. This often feels arbitrary on the user's end, so I'd really appreciate some assistance in getting around this. The only option I'm aware of would be to set these desktops up intentionally on a Windows 10 build earlier than 1703, set the PIN, update them to 20H2, then hope nothing ever arises requiring that PIN to be changed. I'd really like to avoid this option, if possible.

:)

Bailius, Nov 4, 2020

2. PIN security requirements error

i am trying to create PIN for windows 10 creators update but when i give a numeric pin it gives me a requirement that pin can't be common number pattern when i give a non numeric pin it says you must have one number atleast then again when i include one
    number it says that you cant include numbers what am i supposed to do??? i dont know what to do?????

SahilArman, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Pin Number

Hi,

It appears that you're having problems adding your PIN to your Windows 10 PC. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried creating a new user account, and try to add a PIN to see if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried restarting your computer? This helps to resolve common PC problems by refreshing all the programs and services.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Bypassing the "common number pattern" PIN requirement

Recover from sleep without PIN number

You need to execute following steps to recover from sleep without PIN number

Windows Key+I to invoke Settings > Accounts > Sign in options > Click in the Require sign in list box > Choose Never

Vijay_Verma, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Bypassing the "common number pattern" PIN requirement

1. Bypassing the "common number pattern" PIN requirement - Similar Threads - Bypassing common number

2. How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?: I got a new desktop computer last year and setup facial recognition to login to Windows. All of a sudden the facial recognition stopped and I'm getting the message "Your PIN is required to sign in". I use my normal pin but it is not accepting it and I can't login to my...
  3. How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?: I got a new desktop computer last year and setup facial recognition to login to Windows. All of a sudden the facial recognition stopped and I'm getting the message "Your PIN is required to sign in". I use my normal pin but it is not accepting it and I can't login to my...
  4. Disable Pin Complexity Requirements for Patterns Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Pin Complexity Requirements for Patterns Windows 11 Pro: Hi, I want do disable the Windows Hello Pin requirements on my Windows 11 Pro machine so that i can set a simple combination pattern like "1234". I have my reasons why I want to do this. Is there any way?With regedit or through group policy editor I'm not able to disable the...
  5. Disable Pin Complexity Requirements for Patterns Windows 11 Pro

Disable Pin Complexity Requirements for Patterns Windows 11 Pro: Hi, I want do disable the Windows Hello Pin requirements on my Windows 11 Pro machine so that i can set a simple combination pattern like "1234". I have my reasons why I want to do this. Is there any way?With regedit or through group policy editor I'm not able to disable the...
  6. . How can we bypass the PIN number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    . How can we bypass the PIN number: My brother recently passed away and we urgently need to access his laptop. How can we bypass the PIN number he currently has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-bypass-the-pin-number/78b8cad7-d425-44a1-8887-6089d50c08c9
  7. . How can we bypass the PIN number

. How can we bypass the PIN number: My brother recently passed away and we urgently need to access his laptop. How can we bypass the PIN number he currently has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-bypass-the-pin-number/78b8cad7-d425-44a1-8887-6089d50c08c9
  8. . How can we bypass the PIN number

9. Pin bypass

Pin bypass: So, I have a 4+ yr old laptop that I just bothered to power up since I bought a new charging cord. It had either windows 7 or 8. On startup it asked me for my PIN, well its been too long and I forgot it. There was also an option to login with my Microsoft account. Being...
  10. how to bypass stupid bluetooth pin requirement?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to bypass stupid bluetooth pin requirement?: Trying to pair bluetooth headphones. but of course it needs a pin when the headphones didnt come with one >.> Dont tell me to reinstall/disable/update/ect the drivers because I did all that Don't tell me to try the 000000 or 111111 pin because I cant enter a pin. The...