Windows 10: Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation

Discus and support Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have my desktop set up to boot directly into Windows when starting up, that is, no password. I would like to have the same behavior when I restart... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by x509, Feb 8, 2021.

1. x509 Win User

Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation

I have my desktop set up to boot directly into Windows when starting up, that is, no password. I would like to have the same behavior when I restart after sleep or hibernation, but I can't find a way to do that.

:)

x509, Feb 8, 2021
  2. x509 Win User

Skip login screen on Windows Restore from Hibernation?

I have set the reg key on my desktop system so that when I reboot, Windows bypasses the login screen. (The password is blank, because I don't need it for a desktop system.) But Windows still stops the Restore process at the login screen.

Any suggestions?

x509, Feb 8, 2021
  3. fdm2000 Win User
    Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Louie Del Win User

Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation - Similar Threads - Bypassing login screen

2. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  3. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  4. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Skip login screen on Windows Restore from Hibernation?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Skip login screen on Windows Restore from Hibernation?: I have set the reg key on my desktop system so that when I reboot, Windows bypasses the login screen. (The password is blank, because I don't need it for a desktop system.) But Windows still stops the Restore process at the login screen. Any suggestions? 163911
  6. Is it possible to bypass the login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to bypass the login screen?: Hello again, Whenever I boot up my laptop, I get a popup that says that my password is invalid. I click on OK and it goes to another screen where I now have three options to login, all pertaining to my email password. I found the way to switch off the PIN code login but I...
  7. Bypass welcome screen after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Bypass welcome screen after resuming from sleep: I'm not sure it's called the welcome screen, i have to press Enter or use the mouse to get in. 129395
  8. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  9. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  10. Bypass lock screen after sleep

Bypass lock screen after sleep: New Dell Inspiron running W10 1607 HOME needs to have lock screen bypassed when awakening from sleep. Virtually every suggested tweak in various forums has been tried. None succeeds. Netplwiz: unchecking the "users must use" box Power Options: there are no references to...