Windows 10: Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup

Discus and support Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I inherited a laptop running Win 10 64 bit with a single User Admin account, for which Ihave no information on how to get into it. All the online... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MilesJoshua1, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup

I inherited a laptop running Win 10 64 bit with a single User Admin account, for which Ihave no information on how to get into it. All the online suggestions I have come across start from already being into the system, e.g. Win+R, regedit etc.. Even forced restarting to get to the Automatic Recovery screen only takes me as far as the User Name, and then prompting for a password which I don't have.As a pensioner I am asking for baby steps guidance past this issue, please.Regards,Miles

:)

MilesJoshua1, Apr 7, 2022
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Apr 7, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Is it possible to bypass the login screen?

- is this in response to an attempt to log in, or does the popup occur at some other time? (Just to be clear, because you then say you're using a PIN).

Do you have a MS live id- is that what you are using to log in?

You do need to resolve the password issue as there are circumstances when this is useful. E.g. before build 2004 comes out, it's needed should you wish to log in in Safe Mode, whether or no you normally use a PIN.

There's a tutorial on bypassing the login procedure. Have you looked in the Tutorial section?

From the tutorial section - searchable list to bookmark:
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

You can reset the password:
    Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10

Bypass log in
    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

dalchina, Apr 7, 2022
  4. Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 7, 2022
Thema:

Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup

1. Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup - Similar Threads - Bypassing login PIN

2. How to bypass the password login on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to bypass the password login on Win 10?: Hi! I have an old PC at my old house, which I haven't used for 3 years. I have tried many passwords that I could think of even the hint didn't help, but it didn't work. The account is the administrator, so it won't allow me to modify it in any way. I have tried a method...
  3. How to bypass the password login on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bypass the password login on Win 10?: Hi! I have an old PC at my old house, which I haven't used for 3 years. I have tried many passwords that I could think of even the hint didn't help, but it didn't work. The account is the administrator, so it won't allow me to modify it in any way. I have tried a method...
  4. How to bypass the password login on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup: I inherited a laptop running Win 10 64 bit with a single User Admin account, for which Ihave no information on how to get into it. All the online suggestions I have come across start from already being into the system, e.g. Win+R, regedit etc.. Even forced restarting to get...
  6. Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bypassing Win 10 login PIN/password from startup: I inherited a laptop running Win 10 64 bit with a single User Admin account, for which Ihave no information on how to get into it. All the online suggestions I have come across start from already being into the system, e.g. Win+R, regedit etc.. Even forced restarting to get...
  7. How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to bypass the password login on Windows 10?: I can no longer find a way to logon to Windows 10 without having to enter my password. Seemingly due to recent changes resulting from uploading the most recent versions of Windows 10. IMPORTANT: I had also done a Windows 10 reinstall with the latest updates.Note: I prefer to...
  8. Bypass login password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bypass login password: I have just purchased a new Dell Desktop which comes with Win 10. Whilst I appreciate MS's concern over security, I suspect that I should be more concerned about losing my credir=t cards or car keys than someone running off with my desktop, which only contains my personell...
  9. How to Bypass Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Bypass Login Password: I want to sign into Windows without a password, So I un-ticked "Users must enter a user name and password..." in User Accounts (See below). Now when I boot up, the Password screen is bypassed, and all is good. But when I simply log out of my account, I have to enter a...
  10. Can't bypass login and password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't bypass login and password: I recently migrated to Win10 with a free upgrade from Win7. I'm the only user, and I like to power up and then find the computer ready to use when I come back to it without having to log in. When I installed Win10, without understanding why, I followed the instructions to...