Windows 10: C access denied help?

Discus and support C access denied help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Need to fix it submitted by /u/IBexl_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktwu6x/c_access_denied_help/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IBexl_, Jan 9, 2021.

1. /u/IBexl_ Win User

C access denied help?

/u/IBexl_, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Paola Gar Win User

c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (CC access denied help? :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Access denied on my C drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Right-click the C: Drive that you want to take ownership of, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click the Security tab, and then click
      OK on the Security message, if one appears.
    • Click Advanced, and then click the
      Owner tab.
    • In the Name list, click your user name,
      Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the
      Administrators group.

If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, click to select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.

You may receive the following error message, where Folder is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of:

You do not have permission to read the co1ntents of directory
      Folder. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control? All permissions will be replaced if you press Yes.
    • Click Yes.
    • Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and the folder contents.
    Also suggest you to go through the article and follow the steps given. Here is the link for your reference.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 9, 2021
  4. C access denied help?

Access to C drive is denied

Access to C drive is denied, Cannot take ownership, right clicking on it freezes the laptop for 15 sec and access denied message pops up

Pop-SeicheGabriel-Mario, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

C access denied help?

1. C access denied help? - Similar Threads - access denied help

2. “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”: I suddently cannot access to my c local disk, said “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.” Even my account is adm, while I log in after restarting my pc or sigh out my account, nothing is showing up except my wallpaper engine, and takes about 10mins to show everything...
  3. “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.”: I suddently cannot access to my c local disk, said “ C:\ is not accessible, Access is denied.” Even my account is adm, while I log in after restarting my pc or sigh out my account, nothing is showing up except my wallpaper engine, and takes about 10mins to show everything...
  4. c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied: Windows 10 c:\ is not accessible.......Access is deniedJust recently I have started to have this problem when trying to access c::Computer runs fine , but, also programs cant update because of this.I have tried all the suggestions on here and for c:: properties\ security and...
  5. c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied: Windows 10 c:\ is not accessible.......Access is deniedJust recently I have started to have this problem when trying to access c::Computer runs fine , but, also programs cant update because of this.I have tried all the suggestions on here and for c:: properties\ security and...
  6. c:\ is not accessible.......Access is denied

7. access to c:/ is denied

access to c:/ is denied: somehow many of servics dont wrk and no access to c: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-c-is-denied/5081e557-a12f-4e12-a985-839d575c3528
  8. access to c:/ is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    access to c:/ is denied: somehow many of servics dont wrk and no access to c: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-c-is-denied/5081e557-a12f-4e12-a985-839d575c3528
  9. C:\is not accessible access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\is not accessible access denied: when i click on windows c local disk location is not available C:\is not accessible access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cis-not-accessible-access-denied/9e38384b-96f8-4b85-8cbf-21b8896d8db0
  10. C:\is not accessible access denied

C:\is not accessible access denied: when i click on windows c local disk location is not available C:\is not accessible access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cis-not-accessible-access-denied/9e38384b-96f8-4b85-8cbf-21b8896d8db0