Windows 10: C: access denied. How to undo deleted permissions to C drive from windows 10 restore point?

Discus and support C: access denied. How to undo deleted permissions to C drive from windows 10 restore point? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created a restore point and deleted all permissions to C drive. Pls help. I need to access my files on C drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VC44, Mar 28, 2021.

1. VC44 Win User

C: access denied. How to undo deleted permissions to C drive from windows 10 restore point?

I created a restore point and deleted all permissions to C drive. Pls help. I need to access my files on C drive.

:)

2. Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Sam__T Win User
    Deleted ALL Permissions to C: -- Can not Access Anything

I accidentally deleted ALL the permissions for my C: drive and get Access Denied whenever I try to access it.

I realize this is a common problem many people have but my situation is slightly different. Here is a list of things that I
    CAN NOT do:

• Change ownership via C: > Properties > Security > Change Owner (I get the error "Can't open access control editor")
    • Run Command Prompt as an Administrator
    • Restore Previous Windows restore point
    • Boot to Safe Mode
    • Reinstall a fresh copy of Windows using the advanced startup
    • Bring up Task Manager, Windows Device Manager
    • Add new users (can't add/edit system settings)

So as you can see, most of the fixes that have been proposed for many users with my same issue involve one of the following things listed above.

However, I have gotten myself into a position where my C: is completely inaccessible to the point where I can not even reinstall windows as a repair or a fresh install because it requires accessing folders on the C: drive (same reason why I can't restore
    a restore point, or boot to safe mode).

Booting to safe mode just brings me back to the normal login screen.

I CAN load windows semi normally. I am able to log in and do most things that do not require me to access my C: or files on C:\Windows\System (error code 0x80070005 when I hit diagnose)

PLEASE HELP ME FIND A SOLUTION THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY KIND OF ADMIN ACCESS. MOST CMD PROMPT FUNCTIONS REQUIRE ADMIN AND I CAN NOT RUN IT AS ADMIN (My profile is the ONLY user on here, and has full admin privileges, but they are void because I
    deleted all privs on CC: access denied.  How to undo deleted permissions to C drive from windows 10 restore point? :)

Sam__T, Mar 28, 2021
  4. C: access denied. How to undo deleted permissions to C drive from windows 10 restore point?

how to delete file on c drive? need permission

i accidently save something to c drive. when i try to delete it says need admin permission. how do i delete it?

i am on a computer that dont have any account only 1 and thats me. main one is me. 1 account.

HiddenStupid, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

C: access denied. How to undo deleted permissions to C drive from windows 10 restore point?

1. C: access denied. How to undo deleted permissions to C drive from windows 10 restore point? - Similar Threads - access denied undo

2. C drive access denied error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive access denied error: Windows 11 : I logged in windows 11 and changed the authenticated users settings for c drive to all access deny read , write ,etc all deny and now unable to open C drive . Also unable to change security settings of c drive to regain access.Actually I wanted my kids profile...
  3. C:\ drive access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\ drive access denied: I can't open the C:\ drive, this is after auto repair of the laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-access-denied/e50b6564-56dd-40d6-934c-3a5a1e394e3a
  4. Access to C drive is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to C drive is denied: Access to C drive is denied, Cannot take ownership, right clicking on it freezes the laptop for 15 sec and access denied message pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-c-drive-is-denied/e8ce725f-eb6a-4dd6-b9e9-b3871e097ae2
  5. Access to Drive C: denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to Drive C: denied: I run Windows 10 and seem to have mistakenly changed some security settings which has resulted in me being denied access to drive C unable to run programs such as MS office apps. Oddly, there are some programs that still works though. After trying most of what I have found...
  6. C:/ access denied Local Disc C read permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    C:/ access denied Local Disc C read permission: Hello I really need your help on this I tried different methods but didn't help me to solve this hardest issue that I have ever had before Let me explain step by step I din't know it would be this hard but it all started when I denied read access from Local Disc C, I...
  7. Windows 10 - Access Denied to C: Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Access Denied to C: Drive: Hi, I have lost access to my C: Drive and cannot seem to recover. It appears that my Windows 10 no longer sees me as an administrator and I can't do anything add or remove files, install, etc. other than access already existing files. I can't even move files from one folder...
  8. Access local C: drive denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access local C: drive denied: Can;t acces my local C Drive says I'm restricted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-local-c-drive-denied/3ba21f71-5a38-4c55-8a1c-29f7db858c52
  9. Access Denied when changing permissions on C: drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Denied when changing permissions on C: drive: Hey, just trying to allow my applications to write in certain files, so i changed some security settings, and then clicked apply and boof, it gives me this... how tf is it DENYING Me Access!?? Is windows stupid? or am i not really administrator... this is killing me, and my...
  10. C drive access denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive access denied: I was trying to keep my 120 gig ssd drive just for windows. I have a 1 terabyte hard drive for the rest. In the process I locked myself out. Anything I try to do I get access denied. I still have admin rights, but its worthless. I cant even trouble shoot. Ive tried 4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore disk c access

2. c drive admin restore access denied