Windows 10: C: and D: drives

Discus and support C: and D: drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Laptop came with Windows 8 and 1 TB hard drive which I have 700GB free. Updated to Windows 10 and C: drive is still free but 25GB D: is full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlesCallaghan, May 6, 2020.

1. C: and D: drives

Laptop came with Windows 8 and 1 TB hard drive which I have 700GB free. Updated to Windows 10 and C: drive is still free but 25GB D: is full

:)

CharlesCallaghan, May 6, 2020

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, May 6, 2020
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, May 6, 2020
  4. Jacee Win User

C: and D: drives

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, May 6, 2020
Thema:

C: and D: drives

1. C: and D: drives - Similar Threads - drives

2. How do I prevent the date of my folder from changing when I am copying to an external drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I prevent the date of my folder from changing when I am copying to an external drive.: Hello. The word Copy means "An imitation or reproduction of an original; a duplicate". An imitation or reproduction of an original; a duplicate. From a records point of view, you're killing me....This is cracra that the Date Modified date or folder date as we lay people call...
  3. When installing an app on Microsoft Store, App fails and Drive becomes inaccsessable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When installing an app on Microsoft Store, App fails and Drive becomes inaccsessable.: For the past 2 or so days I have tried to download Forza Horizon 4 and 5 onto my PC. I got Forza Horizon 5 but I would constantly get the Low Streaming Bandwidth Error, so I tried to download Forza4 and then it would continuously fail no matter if i tried it on my Secondary...
  4. When installing an app on Microsoft Store, App fails and Drive becomes inaccsessable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When installing an app on Microsoft Store, App fails and Drive becomes inaccsessable.: For the past 2 or so days I have tried to download Forza Horizon 4 and 5 onto my PC. I got Forza Horizon 5 but I would constantly get the Low Streaming Bandwidth Error, so I tried to download Forza4 and then it would continuously fail no matter if i tried it on my Secondary...
  5. Unable to disable Bitlocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable Bitlocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11: Hi there! I was trying to change some settings in system configuration to help my computer run faster, but when I was trying to apply the new changes I got a notification saying how i had Bitlocker encryption activated and so it would cause my computer to go into recovery...
  6. Unable to disable Bitlocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11

Unable to disable Bitlocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11: Hi there! I was trying to change some settings in system configuration to help my computer run faster, but when I was trying to apply the new changes I got a notification saying how i had Bitlocker encryption activated and so it would cause my computer to go into recovery...
  7. one drive install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one drive install: cannot install microsoft one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-install/5a3d1aec-8087-4856-bca4-d05b8d663708
  8. one drive install

one drive install: cannot install microsoft one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-install/5a3d1aec-8087-4856-bca4-d05b8d663708
  9. one drive install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. windows 11 will not allow me to copy a folder from a flash drive to my ssd . says...

windows 11 will not allow me to copy a folder from a flash drive to my ssd . says...: I live alone and have absolutely no use for any accounts , sign in's or other nonsense that does not help .Simply more garbage that does nothing but get in the way .I have tried everything . I deleted administrator account yet it still says I need it !I am on a tight deadline...