Windows 10: C:\boot missing

Discus and support C:\boot missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HP Pavilion running Windows 10 Home I started a HP update which never finished, that is an issue for HP. Anyway after I finally powered down my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by raygo1975, Dec 26, 2018.

1. raygo1975 Win User

C:\boot missing

HP Pavilion running Windows 10 Home
    I started a HP update which never finished, that is an issue for HP. Anyway after I finally powered down my laptop. Upon turning it back on it will not boot. I get the spinning dots and they never go away.
    I happen to be on a trip so I never had a chance to diagnosis the problem until now. I really do not want to have to reinstall windows as then I will need to reinstall all my programs and data. I started thinking maybe my MBR got screwed up by the HP update so I found some instructions on rebuilding it. In doing the second command Bootrec /fixBoot I get "Access is denied". I am using the Administrator account so I do not understand why I do not have access to this command.
    How do I rebuild my c:\boot directory as it is missing and get my PC to reboot.
    Any and all help is appreciated.
    I am going to keep looking for a solution and if I find one I will post it here for others.
    Thank you in advance.

:)

raygo1975, Dec 26, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 26, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 26, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

(cC:\boot missing :) (MIssing)

Press the Win key+X and choose Disk Management and post a screen shot of that. Please select the (C) (Missing) Drive and select the button to configure the settings for this drive in the System Protection tab. Select the Radio Button to Disable System Protection for this (spurious) drive.
    The (C) (Missing) item on the list of drives will then disappear.

spunk, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. C:\boot missing - Similar Threads - boot missing

2. Boot Configuration Data is missing or contains errors, Error code 0xc0000185

in Windows 10 News
    Boot Configuration Data is missing or contains errors, Error code 0xc0000185: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]This error on a Windows 10/8/7 computer will not even let you turn on your system and will appear as soon as it starts to boot the operating system. The error reads –The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is [...] This post Boot Configuration Data is...
  3. windows 10 boot logo missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 boot logo missing: When my hp lap boots its not showing the windows 10 boot logo. After the hp logo black screen with loading circle appears .how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-boot-logo-missing/225eb74b-5885-4b47-909d-ecedb181a84e
  4. My windows boot manager is missing

My windows boot manager is missing: So i turned on my pc yesterday and i got the screen "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" i then restart and go into bios and the only boot option is my hard drive the windows boot manager is missing and when i try...
  5. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed message on Lenovo Yoga 920! Please help!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed message on Lenovo Yoga 920! Please help!!: Hey Microsoft community, My Lenovo Yoga 920 suddenly stopped working yesterday and shows a “cannot boot” message which I have attached an image of. After pressing the power button for 10 seconds, my laptop started working again but was superrrr slow and lagging. After about...
  6. Received message 'Boot Configuration Data File is Missing' error but when i pressed the...

Received message 'Boot Configuration Data File is Missing' error but when i pressed the...: I have shutted down my laptop and when came to open again pressed power button an error with the message in subject has appeared in screen. I know what this error is and how to solve it but what I didn't understood is that when I pressed enter key windows booted up so normal...
  7. Boot manager missing

Boot manager missing: I have two identical Dell Precision 3430 desktop units with a 500GB RAID 1 array and Windows 10 on them. I set one up and created an image of it to load onto the other with a third party imaging program, Acronis True Image. In the Acronis software the image restored...
  8. On boot up when opening new windows the data is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    On boot up when opening new windows the data is missing: Window 10 64 latest updates. For the last couple of months when I start up all seems normal untill I right click on my Norton icon in the tray to do a live update. The window opens but is mostly blank. If I run the mouse over it the options appear but go away. Any window I...
  9. Blue screen after updates. Boot files missing.

Blue screen after updates. Boot files missing.: I downloaded win 10 latest update and now after logging on I get black screen error boot files missing ***Title modified from: I downloaded win 10 latest update and now after logging on I get black screen error boot files missing***...
  10. Boot Error 0xc000007b - acpiex.sys missing or corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Error 0xc000007b - acpiex.sys missing or corrupted: I have a Windows 10 Anniversary Update build 1607 and Windows XP Pro SP3 Dual-Boot on my Samsung N150P Netbook. I had been getting this boot error since few days. I remember plugging a USB drive on my laptop, which was bootable but had no OS extracted there. I booted my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c:\boot missing