Windows 10: C:\boot missing

Discus and support C:\boot missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HP Pavilion running Windows 10 Home I started a HP update which never finished, that is an issue for HP. Anyway after I finally powered down my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by raygo1975, Dec 26, 2018.

1. raygo1975 Win User

C:\boot missing

HP Pavilion running Windows 10 Home
    I started a HP update which never finished, that is an issue for HP. Anyway after I finally powered down my laptop. Upon turning it back on it will not boot. I get the spinning dots and they never go away.
    I happen to be on a trip so I never had a chance to diagnosis the problem until now. I really do not want to have to reinstall windows as then I will need to reinstall all my programs and data. I started thinking maybe my MBR got screwed up by the HP update so I found some instructions on rebuilding it. In doing the second command Bootrec /fixBoot I get "Access is denied". I am using the Administrator account so I do not understand why I do not have access to this command.
    How do I rebuild my c:\boot directory as it is missing and get my PC to reboot.
    Any and all help is appreciated.
    I am going to keep looking for a solution and if I find one I will post it here for others.
    Thank you in advance.

:)

raygo1975, Dec 26, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 26, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 26, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

(cC:\boot missing :) (MIssing)

Press the Win key+X and choose Disk Management and post a screen shot of that. Please select the (C) (Missing) Drive and select the button to configure the settings for this drive in the System Protection tab. Select the Radio Button to Disable System Protection for this (spurious) drive.
    The (C) (Missing) item on the list of drives will then disappear.

spunk, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. C:\boot missing - Similar Threads - boot missing

2. Boot device missing or Boot failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot device missing or Boot failed: Hey, I just bought a new Lenovo laptop a few weeks ago and just recently it has been acting up. Sometimes it just crashes and give me the BSOD, then it says "Default Boot device missing or boot failed. Insert recovery media and hit any key ..." It's quite annoying because I...
  3. windows 10 boot manager missing.

windows 10 boot manager missing.: i have a hp 450 g5 that says boot manager missing. the only other computer i have access to is a samsung xe500c12 chromebook. i have downloaded the windows iso on a flashdrive but the hp wont boot from it. any suggestions...
  4. Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed: So after successfully re-installed Windows because previously my laptop was seriously corrupted, everything worked fine, and then today when i powered on my laptop again, it failed to boot. After it finally booted, something weird happened; Sound setting was unavailable, and...
  5. bootmgr is missing when trying to boot from a SATA HDD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    bootmgr is missing when trying to boot from a SATA HDD: So hello guys, I had this other computer that had a SATA HDD with windows 10 on it. Then I bought a computer with an nvme m.2 and installed windows on that, now I can't boot into my previous windows 10 that is on the SATA HDD. At first i had the problem "insert boot media...
  6. Boot configuration data for your pc is missing or has errors - Windows 10

Boot configuration data for your pc is missing or has errors - Windows 10: My WINDOWS 10 laptop will not boot. I used a Recovery USB as well as Bootable media on USB created using Media Creation tool. It does not work. I get the message below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. [IMG]...
  7. Dual boot: chkdsk errors & missing files when writing to shared slave

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual boot: chkdsk errors & missing files when writing to shared slave: So I am dual-booting between two physical drives: A host drive with Windows10 1803 (SSD/GPT), and a host drive with Windows10 1607 (HDD/MBR). The 1803 is a fresh install via M$ Creation Tool, and the 1607 is my daily driver. I have a SSD/GPT slave shared among the two for...
  8. Dual boot: chkdsk errors & missing files when writing to shared slave

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual boot: chkdsk errors & missing files when writing to shared slave: So I am dual-booting between two physical drives: A host drive with Windows10 1803 (SSD/GPT), and a host drive with Windows10 1607 (HDD/MBR). The 1803 is a fresh install via M$ Creation Tool, and the 1607 is my daily driver. I have a SSD/GPT slave shared among the two for...
  9. Timeout Missing From Windows Boot Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timeout Missing From Windows Boot Screen: I have a Windows 10 machine that is dual-boot. Using bcdedit, I modified the boot settings so that the legacy boot screen appears showing both boot options instead of the blue Windows 10 screen. The problem is that even though I have the timeout set to 20 seconds, no...
  10. Windows 10 Error 0xc000014c or Boot Configuration Data is missing for your pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Error 0xc000014c or Boot Configuration Data is missing for your pc: Hello so I was using my laptop and i put it on sleep mode for about like 4,5 or 6 hours and then i tried to open and BOOM it got to bsod. Please help mee ASAP....