Windows 10: C:\boot missing

Discus and support C:\boot missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HP Pavilion running Windows 10 Home I started a HP update which never finished, that is an issue for HP. Anyway after I finally powered down my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by raygo1975, Dec 26, 2018.

1. raygo1975 Win User

C:\boot missing

HP Pavilion running Windows 10 Home
    I started a HP update which never finished, that is an issue for HP. Anyway after I finally powered down my laptop. Upon turning it back on it will not boot. I get the spinning dots and they never go away.
    I happen to be on a trip so I never had a chance to diagnosis the problem until now. I really do not want to have to reinstall windows as then I will need to reinstall all my programs and data. I started thinking maybe my MBR got screwed up by the HP update so I found some instructions on rebuilding it. In doing the second command Bootrec /fixBoot I get "Access is denied". I am using the Administrator account so I do not understand why I do not have access to this command.
    How do I rebuild my c:\boot directory as it is missing and get my PC to reboot.
    Any and all help is appreciated.
    I am going to keep looking for a solution and if I find one I will post it here for others.
    Thank you in advance.

:)

raygo1975, Dec 26, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 26, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 26, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

(cC:\boot missing :) (MIssing)

Press the Win key+X and choose Disk Management and post a screen shot of that. Please select the (C) (Missing) Drive and select the button to configure the settings for this drive in the System Protection tab. Select the Radio Button to Disable System Protection for this (spurious) drive.
    The (C) (Missing) item on the list of drives will then disappear.

spunk, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. C:\boot missing - Similar Threads - boot missing

2. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  3. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  4. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

6. Default Boot Device Missing fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Boot Device Missing fix?: I just bought Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7. After turning on for the first time, an error "Network media not available, retry media connection in 1 sec" appears, followed by a popup titled "Setup confirmation" and text below "Default boot device missing or loading failed”....
  7. Default Boot Device Missing fix?

Default Boot Device Missing fix?: I just bought Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7. After turning on for the first time, an error "Network media not available, retry media connection in 1 sec" appears, followed by a popup titled "Setup confirmation" and text below "Default boot device missing or loading failed”....
  8. Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.: Hello ! This morning, I switched from Fedora 32 to Fedora 39. I have a dual boot Fedora / Windows. But since I installed Fedora 39, I can't choose to boot Fedora or Windows, it always launch Fedora 39. I tried to press F9 when the computer is starting, but I can't see any...
  9. Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.

Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.: Hello ! This morning, I switched from Fedora 32 to Fedora 39. I have a dual boot Fedora / Windows. But since I installed Fedora 39, I can't choose to boot Fedora or Windows, it always launch Fedora 39. I tried to press F9 when the computer is starting, but I can't see any...
  10. Dual boot Windows/Fedora 39. Missing EFI/Microsoft/boot directory to boot Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c/boot missing

2. windows c:\boot missing

3. c:\boot missing