Windows 10: C: Disk and D: Disk

Discus and support C: Disk and D: Disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got a new computer running on Windows 10 which is awesome but there is something I wanna change and I don't know how. So, my problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 21Dave21, Aug 18, 2020.

1. 21Dave21 Win User

C: Disk and D: Disk

I recently got a new computer running on Windows 10 which is awesome but there is something I wanna change and I don't know how.

So, my problem is the download and save paths with the quick access folders. Downloads was set on default to save to the C: Drive, so I went into apps & features and changed it to D:. My issue is the folders in quick access, their save location is set to C: and I'm not sure how to change it, it can be annoying as if I download something, I have to go to This PC, find my user name within D: and save my downloads within the download folder instead of doing it the quick and more convenient way, using the folders in quick access downloads, documents, music, video, photos

:)

21Dave21, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Local Disk D is faster than Local Disk C

Thats a pretty cool story.

looking at the size they also appear to be completely different disks.

Solaris17, Aug 18, 2020
  3. SoiIonic Win User
    Problems with Disk saving files! I changed saving to Disk D but it still saves stuff in Disk C.

I really need help right now. So I recently bought a pc. It has Disk C ( with 118 GB ) and Disk D (with 981 GB) the problem is... I want everything to be saved on Disk D by default and not on Disk C but that hasn't been working until now. I went to settings
    and changed the storage location but it's still saving on Disk C and not D, what happens is... The Disk C gets full and I can't change things to Disk D if I change anything ( example: a game ) there'll be 2 of the same things in Disk C and D and if I try to
    delete the one in Disk C I won't be able to open because it says it doesn't exist anymore. What can I do to change the downloads to Disk D only.

SoiIonic, Aug 18, 2020
  4. SoiIonic Win User

Problems with Disk saving files! I changed saving to Disk D but it still saves stuff in Disk C.

I had done that already, the problem is that it's set to Disk D but it still saves in Disk C ... For example, whenever I want to download something ( ex: a game ) it'll go to the Download Folder in Disk D but afterwards it'll start downloading somwhere
    in Disk C instead of D. Even though everything's set to Disk D it still downloads in Disk C.

SoiIonic, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

1. C: Disk and D: Disk - Similar Threads - Disk Disk

2. How can I access and use my disk drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I access and use my disk drive?: For context my disk drive was somehow already formatted and partitioned. I have tried deleting the partition but all of the options for my disk are greyed out, also all of my attempts to manually fix it using CMD to delete the partition have failed. All I want is to use the...
  3. How can I access and use my disk drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access and use my disk drive?: For context my disk drive was somehow already formatted and partitioned. I have tried deleting the partition but all of the options for my disk are greyed out, also all of my attempts to manually fix it using CMD to delete the partition have failed. All I want is to use the...
  4. How can I access and use my disk drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7: I have been using a 1terabyte External Hard Disk Seagate P/N ITEAP5-500 USB as backup for my files. I tried backing up some files today and it worked well for some time. Suddenly "Windows explorer" hung and I could neither log out nor restart. With no option I reset the PC...
  6. My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7

My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7: I have been using a 1terabyte External Hard Disk Seagate P/N ITEAP5-500 USB as backup for my files. I tried backing up some files today and it worked well for some time. Suddenly "Windows explorer" hung and I could neither log out nor restart. With no option I reset the PC...
  7. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  8. My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it

My HDD is not showing up in the explorer or in disk manager, but the system detects it: So basically I added a WD 1TB HDD and I see the system detects it because in the device manager it shows up, and also in HWINFO64.But if I open up the file explorer or the disk manager it doesn't show up and I don't know what to do.Can someone help me out?Thank you so much :...
  9. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?: I have been trying to follow this:Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could see only C & D.Thank you for your help,Tawn Daniel...
  10. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?: I have been trying to follow this:Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could see only C & D.Thank you for your help,Tawn Daniel...