Windows 10: C: Disk half occupied already after first startup? (New laptop)

Discus and support C: Disk half occupied already after first startup? (New laptop) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi community, I've recently bought a Huawei matebook X Pro with Office included. After unboxing and starting up for the first time, I checked files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eutimur_X, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Eutimur_X Win User

C: Disk half occupied already after first startup? (New laptop)

Hi community,

I've recently bought a Huawei matebook X Pro with Office included. After unboxing and starting up for the first time, I checked files explorer and found out that the C: disk is actually 47.9GB used out of 89.9GB. After installing Razer Synapse and Steam, it went up to 50GB out of 89.9GB. I also have OneDrive enabled with only 12 files and are only Word documents (Around12-15kb each). Not a big deal yet but shouldn't new laptops come with cleaner C: Disks?

Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U @1.80GHz

RAM: 16GB LPDDR3

GPU: Nvidia MX150+ Intel UHD graphics 620

SSD: 512GB

If you need further information I'll be glad to provide them, thanks!

:)

Eutimur_X, Mar 12, 2019

2. Laptop won't create a startup disk.

Hello Heidi,

We still can't identify the possible cause of this startup disk issue you're experiencing. For us to isolate and assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the exact error message when attempting to create a startup disk?
    • Have you tried creating a startup disk using another laptop? If yes, are you also having issues with it?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 12, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

Thema:

1. C: Disk half occupied already after first startup? (New laptop) - Similar Threads - Disk half occupied

2. 3D Objects is occupying 96GB on hard disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Objects is occupying 96GB on hard disk.: 3D Objects is occupying 96GB on hard disk so I deleted it from the registory editor yet the sapce is not freed up.After deleting "{0DB7E03F-FC29-4DC6-9020-FF41B59E513A}" I have restrated the system twice. I could'nt find "{0DB7E03F-FC29-4DC6-9020-FF41B59E513A}" in the...
  3. 3D Objects is occupying 96GB on hard disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Objects is occupying 96GB on hard disk.: 3D Objects is occupying 96GB on hard disk so I deleted it from the registory editor yet the sapce is not freed up.After deleting "{0DB7E03F-FC29-4DC6-9020-FF41B59E513A}" I have restrated the system twice. I could'nt find "{0DB7E03F-FC29-4DC6-9020-FF41B59E513A}" in the...
  4. New laptop - half full hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop - half full hard drive: Hi, my laptop is brand new - I have appended the stats below my question; It has quite a small HD but the laptop is two weeks old. It runs fine but I noticed that my HD is more than HALF used already 265GB the biggest app I have is Sims4, which is 19GB, After that, there's...
  5. Both OS Drive & HDD storage occupy Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Both OS Drive & HDD storage occupy Local Disk C: This is my first PC build, I built it with some advice from a friend & I've been using it for a few years now. I used a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB as the OS drive & a HDD with 2TB for storage. The PC itself works fine, but I've always thought the boot speeds were a bit slow,...
  6. shortcut for making window occupy one half the screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    shortcut for making window occupy one half the screen?: On Windows, whats the shortcut for making a window occupy one half of the screen (left or right) and also going back to the original size screen? 165555
  7. short cut for making window occupy one half the screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    short cut for making window occupy one half the screen?: On Windows, whats the shortcut for making a window occupy one half of the screen (left or right) and also going back to the original size screen? 165555
  8. FIRST NEW LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FIRST NEW LAPTOP: LENOVO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-new-laptop/223db597-16a1-4009-a7e2-a0a0dee1aff3
  9. PC freezes about half-hour after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes about half-hour after startup: Good afternoon. Yesterday my windows 10 pc start freezing after I play on it half hour. I was playing an offline game and that happened. It also happens when I was browsing on the internet. I don't install anything in the last weeks so I don't know what may be causing...
  10. new laptop first laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    new laptop first laptop: Missing menu sidebar with start button. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-first-laptop/359a9b9a-cef6-4fa2-a48d-3faa75404979