Windows 10: C disk inaccessible, can't change to administrator

Discus and support C disk inaccessible, can't change to administrator in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I mistakenly removed my computer permission to c drive.[IMG] I am not able to change owner.[IMG]I can't change to adminstrator using it and can't run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mrinal0, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Mrinal0 Win User

C disk inaccessible, can't change to administrator

I mistakenly removed my computer permission to c drive.C disk inaccessible, can't change to administrator [​IMG] I am not able to change owner.C disk inaccessible, can't change to administrator [​IMG]I can't change to adminstrator using it and can't run command prompt as administrator.C disk inaccessible, can't change to administrator [​IMG]

:)

Mrinal0, Oct 19, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device

The reset save files equivalent if successful should be the quickest method to get you backup and running.

The backup files then clean install is the best option as you fix many problems and start fresh.

The command prompt commands are all trial and error.

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

zbook, Oct 19, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE after Win10 Update

1) Find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8 GB)
    2) Create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    4) Insert the flash drive into any USB port
    5) Open the BIOS and temporarily change boot order so that you can boot using the flash drive.
    6) When the iso loads choose language, time, currency, and keyboard, or click next
    7) In the left lower corner click "repair your computer"
    8) Click troubleshoot
    9) Click command prompt
    This should open: Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>

For all of the steps please use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.

10) type: bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    11) This may display osdevice partition=C:
    12) type: diskpart
    13) type: list disk
    14) type: list volume
    15) look under the column heading Fs for any volume that displayed RAW instead of NTFS
    16) type: chkdsk /f /r G: (change G to the drive letter of the volume displaying RAW)
    It may display "The first NTFS boot sector is unreadable or corrupt."
    This may then convert the RAW volume to NTFS.
    17) Type: exit
    18) reboot to open the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu > command prompt > Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>
    19) type: bootrec /rebuildbcd
    It may display:
    Scanning all disks for Windows installations.
    Please wait, since this may take a while...
    Successfully scanned Windows installations.
    Total identified Windows installations: 1
    [1] D:\Windows
    Add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/ALL(A):
    20) Type: Y
    The operation completed successfully.
    X:\Windows>
    21) Type: exit
    22) reboot
    See if the inaccessible boot device problem was fixed.

If the above did not fix the inaccessible boot device the next step is to remove the recent update:
    23) Open command prompt > Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>
    24) From the first command displaying the partition if the drive letter is different than C: please use the displayed drive letter for the next step
    25) type: DISM /image:G:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions (change G to the applicable drive letter)
    26) This should remove the latest update and fix the inaccessible boot device.
    27) If this does not fix the inaccessible boot device plan a registry repair.

Report into the thread your progress with images of the above steps.

zbook, Oct 19, 2020
  4. C disk inaccessible, can't change to administrator

C drive inaccessible

Hi Paritosh,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• Have you logged in as an administrator?

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    An "Access Denied" error message can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership has changed.
    • You do not have the appropriate permissions.
    • The file is encrypted.
    Before we could reset the computer, let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow these steps to take the ownership of the drive.

• Right click on Drive C and click
      Properties.

• Switch to Security tab, click Edit and
      Add to add your user account, if it is not listed. Assign the
      full control permission
      for your own account and click OK.

• Click Advanced, switch to Ownership tab and click
      Edit button.

• Highlight your user account and click
      Apply
      , and then click OK.
    Step 2: Let us try to disable to UAC settings and check.

• Press Windows key + S and type
      User account control

• Select Change User Account Control Settings.

• Move the slider to Never notify and click
      Ok.
    Refer: "Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2623670

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

C disk inaccessible, can't change to administrator

1. C disk inaccessible, can't change to administrator - Similar Threads - disk inaccessible can't

2. Can't change back to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change back to administrator: I tried to switch my account to Standard but it said it was the only administrator account so I made the Guest account administrator, but for some reason when I try to run something as administrator, it asks for the administrator's password which I didn't set in the Guest...
  3. Can't change back to administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change back to administrator: I tried to switch my account to Standard but it said it was the only administrator account so I made the Guest account administrator, but for some reason when I try to run something as administrator, it asks for the administrator's password which I didn't set in the Guest...
  4. Can't change back to administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. C Disk change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Disk change.: I want to change my C disk but Windows is on it, my already activated key will be valid and if so where can I find it because I lost it somewhere and I can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-disk-change/809f777b-b397-4361-80c1-58eb0c6f143a
  6. C Disk change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Disk change.: I want to change my C disk but Windows is on it, my already activated key will be valid and if so where can I find it because I lost it somewhere and I can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-disk-change/809f777b-b397-4361-80c1-58eb0c6f143a
  7. C Disk change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can't change account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change account to Administrator: I only have one user on my windows 10 computer and I can't change it to an Administrator. The UAC pops up everytime and there is only NO option. I have trying everything i could see for other posts and nothing works. Here is what I've tried: 1Go to user accounts and change...
  9. Can't change myself to administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't change myself to administrator: About a month ago, i was doing fine with saving photos and everything, but suddenly when i tried to save a photo from the web, the computer say that i have to contact with the admin, i tried to use the active admin :yes cmd but it says access denied...
  10. disk tray inaccessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disk tray inaccessible: in my dell inspiron 5570, my disk tray has never worked, and never shown up in device manager. the disk tray works fine, so it is something on board. any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-tray-inaccessible/911cba96-90fb-4875-ae55-7b83c5ca18bb