Windows 10: C disk space problem on portable device

Discus and support C disk space problem on portable device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello community , I've one of these little 2x1 windows devices that come with 32 GB internal memory space which once I install a fresh OS it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mokhtar Ghoniem, Jul 1, 2020.

1. C disk space problem on portable device

hello community ,

I've one of these little 2x1 windows devices that come with 32 GB internal memory space which once I install a fresh OS it takes 16GB more or less of the space , FEW MOMENTS LATER the device is bombed with system updates , now my device is slower than a turtle because I only have les than 1Gb of available space , although I made a configuration for apps and program to be installed on an external memory .

So, how can I save space on the C partition , I run disk cleanup including system updates clean which saves few megabytes , I have nothing on download folder also , so I started to clean cache of some programs manually which's take eternity to complete ...

Does there any way else to save space ???

Thanks in advance for your replies

:)

Mokhtar Ghoniem, Jul 1, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Hoang_Duc Win User
    Windows 10 copy file to portable disk take double space

my portable disk is NTFS, it not problem from my disk , it not happen on win 7 just on win 10, when i start copy a file, it take on portable
    disk a space equal file size but it its continued take space to copy, when copy progress finish take total 2 time space on portable disk,

interesting when it disconnect portable disk and connect again space come back, but now if i want to copy
    a file i must have double space of that file size

Hoang_Duc, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

C disk space problem on portable device

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CC disk space problem on portable device :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

C disk space problem on portable device

1. C disk space problem on portable device - Similar Threads - disk space problem

2. portable devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    portable devices: Hello my problem is unknown device in my computer im not connect anything in my comp i try unistall but this device E:\ install again what is this or what can i do? this is dangerous?...
  3. Problems with disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with disk space: Hey, I have a HP Elitebook 2560p and I have a problem with the disk space. I used to use my laptop as a dual boot Windows 10/Ubuntu however recently I have uninstalled Ubuntu as I had no need for it. However, the storage that took up Ubuntu is now classed as 'Free Space'...
  4. Disk space problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk space problem.: Lately i have been facing some problems. When ever my windwos 10 updates it takes up about 10-20 GB of space. Last time i updated my main drive had free space of 62 GB but now I have 54 GB of space. Is there any way to cleanup the space after updating the OS. (I have already...
  5. Disk Space Problem

Disk Space Problem: Hi there, I am having disk space problem on my OS hard drive and it was suggested to reformat the drive as about50G of storage space seem to be locked and hidden for whatever reason. I have few questions: I have 2 other hard drives in addition to the OS hard drive, and...
  6. Low disk space on C drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low disk space on C drive: Good afternoon. I have a windows 10 notebook/laptop that has issues with hard drive showing full. After examining the folders the majority of the storage is being used by c:\progam files\windowsapps @ 37.G and then the C:\windows @ 19.4 GB total hard drive is 57GB...
  7. Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems

Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems: I fear my lack of knowledge might be creating a problem. Trying to help a friend with his W10 system. Disk 1 had partitions C: (System, boot,Page,...), and D: Instead of moving some data to D: he wanted the space D: occupied to be merged into C: I had him first verify...
  8. Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems: I fear my lack of knowledge might be creating a problem. Trying to help a friend with his W10 system. Disk 1 had partitions C: (System, boot,Page,...), and D: Instead of moving some data to D: he wanted the space D: occupied to be merged into C: I had him first verify...
  9. portable device

portable device: When I connect my andriod to my pc it cannot connect to pc. and my porable device is missing in device manager. driver cannot install in pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-device/5c6ef136-b901-4f6a-aaea-126fc4a2037c
  10. disk C problem

disk C problem: as of tonight, the problem just began. when i right click on disk C to bring up disk cleanup, i got this error message...although i have no trouble accessing said disk. what is going on*Shock [img] 94843