Windows 10: C disk space problem on portable device

Discus and support C disk space problem on portable device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello community , I've one of these little 2x1 windows devices that come with 32 GB internal memory space which once I install a fresh OS it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mokhtar Ghoniem, Jul 1, 2020 at 6:37 AM.

1. C disk space problem on portable device

hello community ,

I've one of these little 2x1 windows devices that come with 32 GB internal memory space which once I install a fresh OS it takes 16GB more or less of the space , FEW MOMENTS LATER the device is bombed with system updates , now my device is slower than a turtle because I only have les than 1Gb of available space , although I made a configuration for apps and program to be installed on an external memory .

So, how can I save space on the C partition , I run disk cleanup including system updates clean which saves few megabytes , I have nothing on download folder also , so I started to clean cache of some programs manually which's take eternity to complete ...

Does there any way else to save space ???

Thanks in advance for your replies

:)

Mokhtar Ghoniem, Jul 1, 2020 at 6:37 AM

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jul 1, 2020 at 6:38 AM
  3. Hoang_Duc Win User
    Windows 10 copy file to portable disk take double space

my portable disk is NTFS, it not problem from my disk , it not happen on win 7 just on win 10, when i start copy a file, it take on portable
    disk a space equal file size but it its continued take space to copy, when copy progress finish take total 2 time space on portable disk,

interesting when it disconnect portable disk and connect again space come back, but now if i want to copy
    a file i must have double space of that file size

4. Ruz San Win User

C disk space problem on portable device

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CC disk space problem on portable device :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Thema:

C disk space problem on portable device

1. C disk space problem on portable device - Similar Threads - disk space problem

2. Low disk space on C drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low disk space on C drive: Good afternoon. I have a windows 10 notebook/laptop that has issues with hard drive showing full. After examining the folders the majority of the storage is being used by c:\progam files\windowsapps @ 37.G and then the C:\windows @ 19.4 GB total hard drive is 57GB...
  3. Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems: I fear my lack of knowledge might be creating a problem. Trying to help a friend with his W10 system. Disk 1 had partitions C: (System, boot,Page,...), and D: Instead of moving some data to D: he wanted the space D: occupied to be merged into C: I had him first verify...
  4. Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems: I fear my lack of knowledge might be creating a problem. Trying to help a friend with his W10 system. Disk 1 had partitions C: (System, boot,Page,...), and D: Instead of moving some data to D: he wanted the space D: occupied to be merged into C: I had him first verify...
  5. portable device

portable device: Hi Iam trying to sync my phone to the laptop i connect nothing happened i looked no portable device found in device manager ? Thank you Timmy [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-device/20ec0ed3-4eb3-468b-b534-dcf755704ba5
  6. Local Disk C low space

Local Disk C low space: Hi ! I think I'm having trouble with my Local Disc C memory, It's a SSD disk, which I use only to install my programs because it doesn't have much space. I save my files in the Disk D so I don't get why did Disk's C memory went so low ? So can u help me if there's a way to...
  7. Limited disk space on C:\ drive

Limited disk space on C:\ drive: I bought this Dell desktop from one of the local Microcenter stores, which was a returned item. It came with the C:\ drive supposedly being a flash drive with measly 95 gb of diskspace. I didn't realise it then, but it is making my computer starving for diskspace on C:\...
  8. portable device

portable device: When I connect my andriod to my pc it cannot connect to pc. and my porable device is missing in device manager. driver cannot install in pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-device/5c6ef136-b901-4f6a-aaea-126fc4a2037c
  9. Extending disk space in drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending disk space in drive c: I want to extend my disk space in c but in the disk management I have a healthy oem partition in between which I can't delete or is it ok to delete this partition? So how to increase the disk space in c? here is the screenshot of the allocated disk space: [ATTACH]...
  10. disk C problem

disk C problem: as of tonight, the problem just began. when i right click on disk C to bring up disk cleanup, i got this error message...although i have no trouble accessing said disk. what is going on*Shock [img] 94843