Windows 10: C-Drive Apps&Features at 151 gb when top file size is 858mb

Discus and support C-Drive Apps&Features at 151 gb when top file size is 858mb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried to contact support, however they could not help me so i am hoping you guys can. My C-Drive is now down to 30gb was down to 10gb but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SevenCPS, Dec 26, 2019.

1. SevenCPS Win User

C-Drive Apps&Features at 151 gb when top file size is 858mb

Hello, I have tried to contact support, however they could not help me so i am hoping you guys can. My C-Drive is now down to 30gb was down to 10gb but i freed desktop space. Apps & Features is using 151 gb when the top file size is 858 mb on there. I was wondering if there was a way i could free some of that space up.

Here is some pictures. Any help is appreciated!

C-Drive Apps&Features at 151 gb when top file size is 858mb bde6b896-5eb2-4610-85ee-d602e4cf4769?upload=true.png

C-Drive Apps&Features at 151 gb when top file size is 858mb a39a6864-f5c4-4ffa-955d-4e3f04fc1a90?upload=true.png

:)

SevenCPS, Dec 26, 2019

2. Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 26, 2019
  3. dmkleist Win User
    MS Money Plus Sunset 100 GB Size?

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. MS Money Plus Sunset works fine on my computer. Today, I was looking at a feature in Windows 10 that shows program and app sizes. MS Money Plus Sunset is shown to be 100 GB in size! I looked at my older computer that
    also has been upgraded to Windows 10 and it shows the program being 100 GB in size too. I took down the size of files on my main drive and then went to Control Panel Uninstall Programs. This program indicates that it is 100 GB in size here too. I uninstalled
    the program and noted that it was no longer listed in the list of programs. When I check the size of files on my main drive, it is about the same, no where near 100 GB removed. So, I reinstalled the program and it again indicates it is 100 GB in size, but
    no increase in file usage shows up when I check after re-installation.

So, my question is: Does this program really take 100 GB or is there an error in how this particular program displays its size?

Can someone else using this program check what Windows 10 thinks its size is? Use settings -> apps and features for a list of programs listed by size, or simply go to the uninstall program page of the control panel. Both of these setting show my MS Money
    being 100 GB in size. But I can't find where that usage is being consumed. Odd.

dmkleist, Dec 26, 2019
  4. C-Drive Apps&Features at 151 gb when top file size is 858mb

Why am I losing Free Space on the C-Drive ?

Hello,

Using the TreeSize 3rd party app., I recorded the size of the largest files on the C:\ Drive, over a 3-day period.

Over 2 GB of NEW data has been stored on the C:\ Drive.

The data shows that every night , NEW Sys Vol files are being created. Sys Vol has grown by 1.6 GB over the 3 days, with 3 additional files created over that period. These 3 new files are in a long list of files whose size is < 1 GB. The # of the
    largest Sys Vol files have remained the same (Files >1 GB; and others >2 GB)

And Windows also grew by 1 GB....with all the growth in the WinSxS file.

I'm not a software ace & need help from the community. It would be a mistake for me to start deleting files, w/o knowing which are the ones to keep....which to delete..

Can someone look at the attached Excel spreadsheet and give me some clear direction on my Next Steps ?

Thanks,

Gary

Gary_S_1943, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

C-Drive Apps&Features at 151 gb when top file size is 858mb

1. C-Drive Apps&Features at 151 gb when top file size is 858mb - Similar Threads - Drive Apps&Features 151

2. What are these few files on the top in the drive (C:) ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are these few files on the top in the drive (C:) ?: [ATTACH] Is it safe to delete those files ? https://preview.redd.it/j7xjdz57dhh61.png?width=878&format=png&auto=webp&s=6c2bbabf3ea4c119a49a120b8025d933bddced3e submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments]...
  3. C: Drive full of invisible 'apps and features'

C: Drive full of invisible 'apps and features': My local disk has almost ran out of space and so I went into the windows settings and it says there is 60.8GB of 'apps and features' but there is no way that the list that shows is 60GB+. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/memereviewer69 [link] [comments]...
  4. Is it safe to delete this 80 GB file from C: drive

Is it safe to delete this 80 GB file from C: drive: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/bbb613tznq161.png?width=852&format=png&auto=webp&s=b2456d00033473ac9ffd35ed0fd00e26eb816448 submitted by /u/AncutiRadu [link] [comments]...
  5. My C drive size keep on increase and reached to 235 GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C drive size keep on increase and reached to 235 GB: Can anyone help me to understand why the size of C drive is keep on increasing. I have deleted on the temporary files and all. I have uninstalled few of my useful software just to have some free space in c drive but it keep on increasing. Morning when I checked 5GB of...
  6. Extend C Drive Size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend C Drive Size: Hi! I already have 1TB of HDD in my laptop. But I want to extend increase the space or size in my C drive. What should I do? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-c-drive-size/eaa0f655-67dd-4322-acc8-52c012fc8835
  7. My c drive shrunk in total gb size?

My c drive shrunk in total gb size?: I reinstalled Windows on my PC transferring files from my laptop. After recovery, I then noticed my PC's C drive total space had shrunk. It's now the same as my laptop and that's around 200GB’s that just vanished in total space. What's going on? :) (I have tried Disk...
  8. So i checked the size of the files on c drive and i saw this. But my computer says 60.9 gb...

So i checked the size of the files on c drive and i saw this. But my computer says 60.9 gb...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/scicoolgamique-_- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glbzy0/so_i_checked_the_size_of_the_files_on_c_drive_and/
  9. C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!: Hello everyone, I am having a problem of C drive disk space. My C drive is 240 Gb. All of my C files including the hidden ones are about 90 Gb. Just two days ago suddenly the C drive got full. I tried to look for files of huge size and nothing exists. I cleared all temp...
  10. c drive went from 5 gb remaining to 151 gb overnight while PC was off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    c drive went from 5 gb remaining to 151 gb overnight while PC was off: I had low HD space left on the C drive. THe drive has always been compressed. Last night I powered off the PC with 5 gb free space, powered on this morning and now 151GB remaining. The drive is an SSD. Ideas?...