Windows 10: C DRIVE AUTO BITLOCKER ENCRYPTED, CANNOT EXTEND VOLUME

Discus and support C DRIVE AUTO BITLOCKER ENCRYPTED, CANNOT EXTEND VOLUME in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear all, My PC dell XPS 13, SSD 240G, i want extend volume C drive from D drive I have a problem when i extend volume for C drive I don't know why... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LeKhanh_VN, Apr 14, 2020.

1. C DRIVE AUTO BITLOCKER ENCRYPTED, CANNOT EXTEND VOLUME

Dear all,

My PC dell XPS 13, SSD 240G, i want extend volume C drive from D drive

I have a problem when i extend volume for C drive

I don't know why C drive auto Bitlocker Encrypted while Bitlocker function current turn off, i don't do anything before

C DRIVE AUTO BITLOCKER ENCRYPTED, CANNOT EXTEND VOLUME f687dfe7-c5ba-4672-8a39-386cb643964c?upload=true.png

C DRIVE AUTO BITLOCKER ENCRYPTED, CANNOT EXTEND VOLUME c9c41c1a-a00c-4c8a-a22c-6c8e5b66cb98?upload=true.png

Anyone can help me fix this prolem, thank so much

:)

LeKhanh_VN, Apr 14, 2020

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 14, 2020
  3. JacquesBl Win User
    BitLocker: turn on auto-unlock without encrypting OS Drive (SSD)

I have the following configuration:

C (OS Drive) - SSD (128Gb)

D (Data Drive) - Normal Disk (1Tb)

D is encrypted using BitLocker but C is not encrypted.

I want to turn on auto-unlock on D, but get the following message: "The operating system drive is not protected by BitLocker Drive Encryption." - is there a way around this? I would ideally not want to encrypt my SSD.

I've moved my page file to D, but since the drive must be manually unlocked I get page file errors.

Thanks!

JacquesBl, Apr 14, 2020
  4. C DRIVE AUTO BITLOCKER ENCRYPTED, CANNOT EXTEND VOLUME

OS (CC DRIVE AUTO BITLOCKER ENCRYPTED, CANNOT EXTEND VOLUME :) Drive - Extending the Volume

I've recently purchased a new laptop and came across a problem regarding the storage volume. It seems there's an arbitrary partition where C: drive has 100GB allocated and the remaining 900GB+ is unallocated. When I tried to extend the volume of C: to include
    the 900GB, the option to extend the volume was grayed out and unusable.

Unfortunately, I just don't know enough to figure out why all that space is unallocated and why I can't extend the volume of the C: drive. Searching for the answer yielded a lot of suggestions for third-party software, but I'd like to avoid that solution
    if possible. Are there any other options?

Raseleanne, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

C DRIVE AUTO BITLOCKER ENCRYPTED, CANNOT EXTEND VOLUME

1. C DRIVE AUTO BITLOCKER ENCRYPTED, CANNOT EXTEND VOLUME - Similar Threads - DRIVE AUTO BITLOCKER

2. C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray: Ms“-“The comparison operation has been carried out according to Ms's official "Disk Management-Expand Basic Volume" entry, but it is invalid.......But I can't upload pictures as explanations. This may be due to many reasons... I can only describe them in words.CDNTFS20GBMy C...
  3. C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray: Ms“-“The comparison operation has been carried out according to Ms's official "Disk Management-Expand Basic Volume" entry, but it is invalid.......But I can't upload pictures as explanations. This may be due to many reasons... I can only describe them in words.CDNTFS20GBMy C...
  4. C“”The C drive cannot perform the "Extend Volume" operation gray

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. C drive storage extend volume

C drive storage extend volume: I want to add more space in c drive from unallocated memory but I can't see the option. I also tried to use Mini Tool Partition wizard but no option available to extend the memory. Kindly advise me....
  6. Extend Volume C Drive

Extend Volume C Drive: Hi i was able to shrink my D Drive storage volume. but, when I want to extend my C Drive, it is GREYED out. I can't select it. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-c-drive/58720e3a-eb98-462e-8e6c-a559bb97fdc8
  7. Can't Extend C: Drive Volume

Can't Extend C: Drive Volume: I just replaced my hard drive with a 2TB Seagate and need to expand the storage volume to take advantage of newly available space. The drive is formatted as NTFS and I signed on as Administrator, but the Extend Volume option is grayed out. Q: How can I expand the C: drive...
  8. extending the volume of C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extending the volume of C drive: Inspite following the instruction of extending drives, i still find to have trouble doing the same. i want to extend the volume of c drive which is consuming 106.09 gb and i find difficult to install updates for windows..please help me resolve thi issue. with regards SID...
  9. Extending volume on C drive on laptop

Extending volume on C drive on laptop: I am trying to expand the volume on my C drive. I was able to shrink the volume on my external hard drive with no problems but it won't let expand the C drive. I need to download the Windows update and can't without more storage. I've moved everything I can to my USB stick....
  10. Extend C: drive volume

Extend C: drive volume: Hi, I need some help trying to extend my C: drive volume. I removed the volume that had my Ubuntu because I don't need it anymore and I want Windows to have 1TB, not 500GB. This is what Disk Management looks like for me: [ATTACH]When I try to extend the C: volume, the option...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is bitlocker preventing me from allocating disk space