Windows 10: c drive can I create a path for c drive storage to be pooled with external driveso I can...

Discus and support c drive can I create a path for c drive storage to be pooled with external driveso I can... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know they're has 2 b a way to add to c drive storage somehow . and can a pathway b created to external drive or does it (pathway have to be external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DL.menace, Mar 7, 2019.

1. DL.menace Win User

c drive can I create a path for c drive storage to be pooled with external driveso I can...

I know they're has 2 b a way to add to c drive storage somehow . and can a pathway b created to external drive or does it (pathway have to be external hard drive pathway to c? or can I do this in f10 orf2 boot or a pooling of drives

:)

DL.menace, Mar 7, 2019
  2. rlmosk Win User

Not happy with Storage Pools.

New computer and upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I created a storage pool using 2 extra hard drives. It worked fine but I was unaware that by creating this pool I would lose the independent use of my files on Drive C. My normal Library files are
    now mirrored with the 2 extra drives I used to create the storage pool. I thought my C Drive (Library-Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, and Downloads) would stay separate from the storage pool and I could just copy files to my Storage Pool and delete them
    from my C: Drive if I wanted to.

I hope I'm explaining myself sufficiently. In other words, I thought creating a Storage Pool made 2 extra hard drives into one and you could copy files from the C: Drive when you wanted. Also, be able to delete files from the C: Drive in order to not fill
    it up so much. My C: Drive is a 512 GB SS drive. My 2 extra hard drives are 3TB each standard 7200 RPM SATA hard drives.

If this is how this works, I think I would rather have my drives back the way they were. Is there a way to reverse the Storage Pool?

Thanks.

rlmosk, Mar 7, 2019
  3. zprewitt Win User
    Using Storage Spaces, unable to add additional external drive to the pool

I currently have two internal drives and an external drive in my storage pool. I want to add an additional external drive, but when I click Add Drive and it takes me to the selection screen, my drive doesn't appear. I can see it in explorer as well as
    my device manager. Any suggestions?

zprewitt, Mar 7, 2019
  4. JanaDyck Win User

c drive can I create a path for c drive storage to be pooled with external driveso I can...

move files from my C drive to an external hard drive.

what steps do I take to move files from my C drive to an external hard drive. My C drive is almost full.

JanaDyck, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. c drive can I create a path for c drive storage to be pooled with external driveso I can... - Similar Threads - drive create path

2. Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?: I tried to create a "new pool and storage space" using my external hard drive. After my external drive and all of the files in it disappeared from my computer, I retraced my steps to see the warning "The following drives might contain files. If you use a formatted drive with...
  3. Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I recover files from my external drive after formatting the drive with a storage pool?: I tried to create a "new pool and storage space" using my external hard drive. After my external drive and all of the files in it disappeared from my computer, I retraced my steps to see the warning "The following drives might contain files. If you use a formatted drive with...
  4. C drive storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive storage: My C drive is 96.4 GB with only windows installed. But still its almost full. How do i clear some space?? No games/ movies or anything in the drive. Only steam and others installed. Kindly help me out!...
  5. C drive storage

C drive storage: My C drive is 96.4 GB with only windows installed. But still its almost full. How do i clear some space?? No games/ movies or anything in the drive. Only steam and others installed. Kindly help me out!...
  6. C drive storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. STORAGE C DRIVE

STORAGE C DRIVE: Hi , My C Drive storage reduce after updating my pc it reduced by 3gb what can I do please tell I had tried both disk cleanup and optimisation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-c-drive/952cb595-87de-480a-8b1f-053c050b6d43
  8. STORAGE IN C DRIVE

STORAGE IN C DRIVE: Hi , My pc has 171 GB free space in C Drive it reduces to 170 GB about 1hour and after 1 hour it again reduces to 169 GB I had scanned with antivirus no virus found and and done disk clean up but it doesn't help and also done optimisation nothing happens and storage is...
  9. I can not create a storage space with C: drive ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can not create a storage space with C: drive ?: Hi I was thinking to create a pool of two SSD for performance but when I try I get all my drives except the C: drive so I can not make a pool with the C: drive ? [img] 147383
  10. Drive C storage

Drive C storage: How do I create more storagenspace in Drive C in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-storage/21e7967f-84bb-461e-b9d7-4f812b931a6b"