Windows 10: C: Drive Continuously Using Space, Clean Malware and Virus Scan

Discus and support C: Drive Continuously Using Space, Clean Malware and Virus Scan in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On both my laptop and desktop C: drive, the amount of used space is constantly increasing, even while I'm not adding any files. If I right click the C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by amsgator, Aug 10, 2021.

1. amsgator Win User

C: Drive Continuously Using Space, Clean Malware and Virus Scan

On both my laptop and desktop C: drive, the amount of used space is constantly increasing, even while I'm not adding any files. If I right click the C: drive and view properties, record the amount of used and free space, and then do the same thing within a matter seconds, the amount of used space has increased and the amount of free space has decreased. Is this normal? I've run Malwarebytes and AVG and nothing comes back as infected. Thanks. Windows 10 Version 21H1

:)

amsgator, Aug 10, 2021
  2. scopio Win User

Do most anti-virus/malware apps scan all drives or just C:?

Thanks, Compumind for the link to Malwarebytes video which I found very useful on how to schedule all drives to be scanned with Malwarebytes Premium.
    Thanks, RolandJS it looks as HitmanPro Alert just scans the C: drive when it does a Default or Quick scan. When integrated with Windows Explorer it will scan folder/files but NOT drives!

C: Drive Continuously Using Space, Clean Malware and Virus Scan [​IMG]

HitmanPro Default scan (Recommended)

HitmanPro does not show in Windows Explorer when trying to scan any drive so, I assume it can only scan folders on any drive when used with Windows Explorer.

When pointing to a drive HitmanPro does not appear in the Windows Explorer shell

When pointing to a folder HitmanPro does appear in the Windows Explorer shell

Which proves that it only scans drive C:

scopio, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

C: Drive Continuously Using Space, Clean Malware and Virus Scan

1. C: Drive Continuously Using Space, Clean Malware and Virus Scan - Similar Threads - Drive Continuously Using

2. Continuing decrease in C-drive free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuing decrease in C-drive free space: My most recently posted inquiry was concerning huge etl files that were continually growing and eating up the free space on my C-drive. The two etl files Win<Sys.32<Log Files are now a little more than 3 GB and do not appear to be growing and thank you to the three forum...
  3. Continuing decrease in C-drive free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuing decrease in C-drive free space: My most recently posted inquiry was concerning huge etl files that were continually growing and eating up the free space on my C-drive. The two etl files Win<Sys.32<Log Files are now a little more than 3 GB and do not appear to be growing and thank you to the three forum...
  4. Continuing decrease in C-drive free space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. free virus and malware scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free virus and malware scans: what are free virus and malware scans that can be downloaded and are legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-virus-and-malware-scans/74132a42-ce4e-4d89-a342-c42804750c66
  6. free virus and malware scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    free virus and malware scans: what are free virus and malware scans that can be downloaded and are legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-virus-and-malware-scans/74132a42-ce4e-4d89-a342-c42804750c66
  7. free virus and malware scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. scan for virus and malware in USB drive

scan for virus and malware in USB drive: Hi! i am using windows 10home latest version. and all my software are up to date. how can i set defender to automatically scan for viruses and autoruns in a usb drive when after plugging in?...
  9. Do most anti-virus/malware apps scan all drives or just C:?

Do most anti-virus/malware apps scan all drives or just C:?: This may sound as a simple question but I have noticed that when I run HitmanPro Alert it only shows the C: drive being scanned! I also have Malwarebytes Pro so my question is when I run a scan with either HitmanPro Alert or Malwarebytes Pro do they scan all drives (4x) in...
  10. drive C used space is gaining

in Windows 10 Support
    drive C used space is gaining: For some reason my used space is gaining more(see attached). Just a few weeks ago the used space was at 50gb today it is up to 70gb. I don't know why it keeps gaining probably everyday a few gigabyte. I did a tuneup update in geeksquad but that was all. I never installed any...