Windows 10: C Drive error, repair not working.

Discus and support C Drive error, repair not working. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, I am new here and not sure if this is the proper place to even ask but thought I'd give it a shot. So a few days ago after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CageJupiter, Dec 15, 2020.

1. C Drive error, repair not working.

C Drive error, repair not working. xpCZfItquhpT2AyK1lQavcSkZYydDMg1Db7kPnZW11Q.jpg

Hello, I am new here and not sure if this is the proper place to even ask but thought I'd give it a shot.

So a few days ago after downloading and playing a game and it crashing and restarting my computer I noticed on the boot that it would scan and try repairing the C drive. (Game was downloaded to D drive so not sure if the game was the cause). This scan and repair would occur on every boot so I decided to check the drive for myself and repair it from the properties of the drive (see img). Every time I try to check for errors, it shows there are errors but when trying to repair, it still boots up with the scan and repair then when checking the properties it still says there is an error.

Not sure what the problem is but I could really use some help. Microsoft support was not much help, they told me to just buy a new one. A discord group didn't help the issue either but they tried. If anyone can offer some advice or know of a way to fix this issue I would be very thankful. Thanks.

https://preview.redd.it/p81jm0dtwa5...bp&s=67a5b94b0a2b9525589f1d2e9352675e903fd50d

submitted by /u/CageJupiter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CageJupiter, Dec 15, 2020

2. Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    repairing drive c

The part of process that you are in when updating Windows is the check disk (CHKDSK), the system is checking your drive for errors.

Are you still having the issue and stuck at Scanning and repairing drive process?

As a workaround, you can follow these steps to bypass the CHKDSK process:

• Hold down the power button for 4 seconds.
    • The PC will reboot.
    • You will get stuck again on the process, repeat step 1.
    • You will get a message "press any key to bypass the chkdsk."
    • Press any key and it will continue on the update process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Dec 15, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

C Drive error, repair not working.

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

C Drive error, repair not working.

1. C Drive error, repair not working. - Similar Threads - Drive error repair

2. Scanning and Repairing drive C error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning and Repairing drive C error: Once I turn on my PC, it takes a while to load, then the Scanning and Repairing drive C message shows up. But after only a second of it showing up, the PC auto-restarts itself, repeating the entire process. The actual scanning and repairing part doesn’t happen because the PC...
  3. Scanning and Repairing drive C error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanning and Repairing drive C error: Once I turn on my PC, it takes a while to load, then the Scanning and Repairing drive C message shows up. But after only a second of it showing up, the PC auto-restarts itself, repeating the entire process. The actual scanning and repairing part doesn’t happen because the PC...
  4. Scanning and Repairing drive C error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scanning and repairing drive C error

Scanning and repairing drive C error: I have on the screen Scanning and repairing drive C and after few hours it went on troubleshoot. I tried restarting it and enabling safe mode but it just went to error and restarted again and went back to Scanning and repairing drive....
  6. Scanning and repairing drive C error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning and repairing drive C error: I have on the screen Scanning and repairing drive C and after few hours it went on troubleshoot. I tried restarting it and enabling safe mode but it just went to error and restarted again and went back to Scanning and repairing drive....
  7. Repair C: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair C: Drive: I need help, whenever I turn on my pc it says repairing C: drive. When I look at the security and maintenance it says that there is still a problem in my C: drive.I already clicked on the restart button in security maintenance and did a CHKDSK repair, but it still says there...
  8. Repair C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair C Drive: hello so i have a question.How to fix C Drive?i already use C:>Properties>Tools>Error Checking>Error Found>Fixbut when i restart, when i check again the error is still there, i hope someone can help :<...
  9. Repair C Drive

Repair C Drive: hello so i have a question.How to fix C Drive?i already use C:>Properties>Tools>Error Checking>Error Found>Fixbut when i restart, when i check again the error is still there, i hope someone can help :<...
  10. Repair C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware