Windows 10: C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

Discus and support C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an HP ProDesk 600G1 TW. The Win 10 64bit I purchased was the Pro version which I selected for the reinstall. The reinstall went fine until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tucson Norm, Feb 1, 2023.

1. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

I have an HP ProDesk 600G1 TW. The Win 10 64bit I purchased was the Pro version which I selected for the reinstall. The reinstall went fine until I declined the 365 trial and went to the next page.I could not go any further without a CC.Any ideas?Thanks.

:)

Tucson Norm, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Chewy Win User

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Feb 2, 2023
  3. third sata drive not bootable ?

Exactly. On the where do you want to install Windows screen, it has the list of all 3 drives, but when I choose the new drive is when it says it cannot install because the drive is not a bootable drive. If I select one of the other drives with XP installed it doesn't give that message.

jeepdriver, Feb 2, 2023
  4. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

Replacing C Drive - what is the process to get the PC to recognize the drive as the new C drive?

I have a server with a failing C drive and also a RAID 5 set to E drive. I am replacing the C drive and have already created the USB boot drive and created a backup of the C drive. When I install the new drive, how does the computer recognize it as the new C drive or what do I need to do to format it to work as the C drive?

franco1966, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

1. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to... - Similar Threads - drive failed Win10

2. Creating bootable drive fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating bootable drive fails: Whenever I am trying to install windows 11 I am getting this error code0x80070003 - 0xA001BPlease tell whats the issue Is it with my pc or with the softwareI had tried it with different drives...
  3. Creating bootable drive fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating bootable drive fails: Whenever I am trying to install windows 11 I am getting this error code0x80070003 - 0xA001BPlease tell whats the issue Is it with my pc or with the softwareI had tried it with different drives...
  4. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...: I have an HP ProDesk 600G1 TW. The Win 10 64bit I purchased was the Pro version which I selected for the reinstall. The reinstall went fine until I declined the 365 trial and went to the next page.I could not go any further without a CC.Any ideas?Thanks....
  5. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...: I have an HP ProDesk 600G1 TW. The Win 10 64bit I purchased was the Pro version which I selected for the reinstall. The reinstall went fine until I declined the 365 trial and went to the next page.I could not go any further without a CC.Any ideas?Thanks....
  6. Deploying Win10 fails using MDT Thumb Drive since changing to GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deploying Win10 fails using MDT Thumb Drive since changing to GPT: Hi Guru's, A MDT Thumb Drive, formatted with GPT, imaging a P15 or a P51, blue screens after the computer reboots the first time. The PC is set to boot using UEFI. This thumb drive (and others made the same way) works fine on T490 and T14s. I've tried the DISKPART steps with...
  7. Replacing Win10 on new hard drive after original failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing Win10 on new hard drive after original failed: First timer so please be gentle. My hard drive failed on my Asus desktop and had to be replaced. This whole thing made me aware of how little I prepared for such a situation. I had a recovery usb but it was from the date of purchase (2012/13) so I created a new one using my...
  8. Thumb Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thumb Drives: How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drives/8b697fba-9f37-417b-a867-1443e9150438
  9. Using MR to replace C Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using MR to replace C Drive: Will MR replace the c: drive from an image or do I have to replace all partitions? I'd like to just replace c: from the usb. 128033
  10. thumb drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165